• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dskillzhtown said:
Gamefaqs has nothing to do with it. If you see "In Stock" on a page, and talk to someone there who tells you that it will be delivered, then you talk to a supervisor who says the exact same thing, as I did, then it is Newegg's fault. You don't lie in order to make a sale. That is like a dealer claiming you will get a iPod hook up in your car all the way through the sale, but then when you take delivery they say, "Oh we can't do that afterall". It is a shitty way of doing business. The classic bait and switch.

As I said yesterday, if this gets me the game on the 25th without having to stand in line at midnight for LE, then it was worth it. But for those who ordered only to get it early because Newegg said over and over that they would ship, knowing full well that they wouldn't, it is a bullshit deal.

There were plenty of people who posted chats in here with newegg reps that went both ways. Most were just looking at what stage the order was at and assuming that it would ship like any other product. Then there were those who basically said it was being prepped early because it is Halo 3. People posted chat logs with a guy saying the game would not ship till the 25th but was being prepped early.

When this all started yesterday it had nothing to do with the "in stock" status on the website it was because of a status change in the actual order of someone's copy on gamefaqs. You can go back and check it yourself.

I'm done with this whole thing. I told people yesterday morning that this is the exact thing that would happen and it did. Nobody wanted to listen to me and now will bitch throughout the weekend because their copy didn't show up early.

DoctorWho said:
There were plenty of people who posted chats in here with newegg reps that went both ways. Most were just looking at what stage the order was at and assuming that it would ship like any other product. Then there were those who basically said it was being prepped early because it is Halo 3. People posted chat logs with a guy saying the game would not ship till the 25th but was being prepped early.

When this all started yesterday it had nothing to do with the "in stock" status on the website it was because of a status change in the actual order of someone's copy on gamefaqs. You can go back and check it yourself.
I chated with them too. And I didn't even order anything!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Killer said:
There is HOPE .:D

lol, there is hope. Very little, but there is hope.

I know every single year Fedex sends me a notice saying that my Texans season tickets are in a couple of days AFTER they have been delivered. Either way, this lil twist has made Halo 3 more interesting, lol.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DoctorWho said:

I'm done with this whole thing. I told people yesterday morning that this is the exact thing that would happen and it did. Nobody wanted to listen to me and now will bitch throughout the weekend because their copy didn't show up early.

Maybe so. But I knew nothing of Gamefaqs at the time I ordered yesterday. And before I hit the "Submit Order" button, I called and spoke to a CSR who confirmed with me that it would be shipped overnight and delivered on 9/20.

This goes beyond Halo 3. If you promise a customer that an item is in stock and will be delivered the following day, they charge your card, and then tell you later that it will not arrive until 6 days later, they should correct the error. Newegg has told several people now that even though the package has not left their warehouse, it may be too late to cancel the order. That is poor.

Gowans

OK I am officially ending my hunt for a early copy (far too much work to do) & instead fully embrace the midnight launch (strange how the launch of a new system for work and my holiday afterwards coincides exactly with the UK launch :D).

My fridge will be stocked, I will have been out and say my goodbyes to my buds (whenever the que starts to form I'm gone) for a few days & will enter the world of Halo 3.

If any douche comes round where I am and pulls a harry potter (shouts out the ending to the people waiting in the que) he will pay for it in broken bones.

Mojovonio

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
Wimp. You just wanted to figure out cool ways to kill Marines by yourself.

That too.

Anyways, I took Tuesday off, I took out 80$ out of my account for beer and pizza. I bought a new chair, mounted my speakers on my walls.

I'm ready to spend the day playing co-op.

But i feel like i'm missing something.

Dirtbag 504 said:
Guys lets stop arguing over newegg.... we all want halo 3, let it go.

Yeah, I'm done with it. I'm just getting tired of the "omg, where is my newegg copy" posts when they clearly weren't going to deliver it today.

I watched the new videos and feel all better. Although, they did feel a little bit spoilery to me.

Mojovonio said:
That too.

Anyways, I took Tuesday off, I took out 80$ out of my account for beer and pizza. I bought a new chair, mounted my speakers on my walls.

I'm ready to spend the day playing co-op.

But i feel like i'm missing something.

$80 for beer and pizza? Can I come over? It sounds like you have enough to go around.

DoctorWho said:
Yeah, I'm done with it. I'm just getting tired of the "omg, where is my newegg copy" posts when they clearly weren't going to deliver it today.

I watched the new videos and feel all better. Although, they did feel a little bit spoilery to me.

Arrested Development is on G4.. Anyone interested?

BigFwoosh

It might be a little early for this, but how early do you guys think people will start lining up for the launch? I wasn't a part of the Halo 2 launch so I don't have much to gauge it on (if that would even be an accurate judgement). Can't really get time off from work, so I'm hoping that people won't be too crazy about going early.

_dd_

Nah, I'm off to bed. I just got done finishing the fight.
Graphics are very very nice. I found myself saying "WOW" a lot of the time. Bungie put together one hell of a game and it shows.

Just incase anybody wanted to know:

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler
Total Playtime on Heroic with 2 People:
Seven Hours and Twenty Two Minutes.

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler
My Opinion on the Difficulty of the Game:
It seemed very easy on Heroic. I def. recommend Heroic or Lengendary on your first playthrough.

-Goodnight everybody.

Assembly Required said:
Arrested Development is on G4.. Anyone interested?

I've watched that series several times over and it never gets old. I'm curious to see if they are allowed to air it up in Canada on that station.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Dirtbag 504 said:
Guys lets stop arguing over newegg.... we all want halo 3, let it go.
Doctor Who is the one who started dancing in the street with his lollipop singing a chorus of I told you so. Go get'em, Mom!

Depends on your location? The lines here were pretty long depending on where you pre-ordered. When Halo 2 hit.. I wanted till the next day but.. Halo 3 is definitely a midnight trip.. Bring/borrow an ipod just in case.

Dirtbag

DoctorWho said:

the ign flash videos? I'm downloading them now.... just watching the multiplayer at this point though. What level is the campaign walk-through from? is it one we already know about? If it's tsavo highway I think I'd be ok with watching it, but anything else....

BigFwoosh said:
It might be a little early for this, but how early do you guys think people will start lining up for the launch? I wasn't a part of the Halo 2 launch so I don't have much to gauge it on (if that would even be an accurate judgement). Can't really get time off from work, so I'm hoping that people won't be too crazy about going early.
Did you preorder?

Assembly Required said:
Depends on your location?

In Canada G4 is still G4 TechTV and the Canadian CRTC manages what television stations can air based on content. A "tech" station can't show a comedy that has nothing to do with "tech".

Attack of the show reruns here.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DoctorWho said:

Ohhh aren't you the Master, Chief. I don't know or care about chatlogs or anything. I am referring to 'bait and switch' tactics. When someone tells me, "Don't worry, it will be there tomorrow," I tend to take that information as a truth and that influences me to buy the item. It isn't about Halo 3 or if I bought a freaking blender. If you tell me it will be here on day xxx, it should be on day xxx. That is the bottom line with me. I can wait on Halo 3 until the 25th, 26th, or whenever but when you sit there and straight up lie to me, then it is a problem. That is how I feel anyway. Don't promise what you can't deliver in hopes of a sale. It's bad business.

Your desire to say, "See I was right!!!!" doesn't override that Newegg did some pretty shady things yesterday.

DoctorWho said:
In Canada G4 is still G4 TechTV and the Canadian CRTC manages what television stations can air based on content. A "tech" station can't show a comedy that has nothing to do with "tech".
Well thats awesome.

EDIT: Wait, attack of the show reruns are lame.

Awesome retracted.

EDIT EDIT: Leo? Is it the Screensavers?

Awesomeness reinstated.

Buttonbasher said:
Well thats awesome.

Leo LaPorte 5 days a week baby!

He was doing Call for Help in Toronto for the longest time but now it looks like they had to change the name of the show. It is now called "The Lab with Leo LaPorte."

Wolffen

Watching the Construct and The Pit videos at Gametrailers, what are the blue circles on the ground? Spawn points showing in Forge? That may have been mentioned by someone earlier, but if it was, I missed it.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
The Crawf said:
Nope, just rang Gameplay and they said Legendary won't be posted till Tuesday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

It's way too quiet from the UK... they have their copies I bet, those rat bastards :lol

DoctorWho said:

Attack of the show reruns here.

Then you may be out of luck? And uhh.. Lol, I posted early by mistake. I was referring to something someone else posted earlier.

But yeah, I think you may have the better deal. G4 sucks here in the states. COPS, CHEATERS, and tons of crappy irrelevant shows come on here.

EDIT: I'll leave it that.

BigFwoosh

Buttonbasher said:
Did you preorder?
Not from a retail chain, but my web shipment isn't getting to me till probably Thursday so I want to pick one up at launch. Then I'll just return the one from my web order in its place when I get it. :D

Assembly Required said:
Then you may be out of luck? And uhh.. Lol, I posted early by mistake. I was referring to something someone else posted earlier.

But yeah, I think you may have the better deal. G4 sucks here in the states. COPS, CHEATERS, and tons of crappy irrelevant shows come on here.

EDIT: I'll leave it that.

I hate Cheaters! Why would people want to show their personal lives like that on TV is beyond me. Are these people real or is it staged? I guess it delivers to the same people who watch Jerry Springer i.e. ButtonBasher.

EDIT: Olivia Munn is on this episode of Attack of the Show.

UNO ILL NINO called me and said he got the game. It was a 2.5 hour drive to that store in Wisconsin who sold it early. He called them last night and got them to reserve the game for him. When he showed up the employees were well aware they weren't supposed to be selling it early, but they honored the deal they had with him because he drove so far. He also kinda played dumb by acting like he thought it came out this week.

Anyway, he's still gotta go to work today. So, he won't be able to post some spoiler-less impressions until later tonight.

Killer

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
lol, there is hope. Very little, but there is hope.

I know every single year Fedex sends me a notice saying that my Texans season tickets are in a couple of days AFTER they have been delivered. Either way, this lil twist has made Halo 3 more interesting, lol.

The problem is that i ordered the LE and i have it preordered at gamestop as well. :(

if they don't deliver it today... i'm soooo canceling it.

Dirtbag

siamesedreamer said:
UNO ILL NINO called me and said he got the game. It was a 2.5 hour drive to that store in Wisconsin who sold it early. He called them last night and got them to reserve the game for him. When he showed up the employees were well aware they weren't supposed to be selling it early, but they honored the deal they had with him because he drove so far. He also kinda played dumb by acting like he thought it came out this week.

Anyway, he's still gotta go to work today. So, he won't be able to post some spoiler-less impressions until later tonight.

that's so awesome! :lol

Aleman

It won't be delivered from Newegg until the 25th but they will REFUND you for you overnight shipping cost. I now will have Halo 3 on Sept. 25 for $55 instead of $63 from EB Games [goes to cancel EB pre-order]

Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Thomas. How may I assist you today?
Ben: I was wondering when my order would ship.
Thomas: Sure , let me check for you.
Thomas: It did ship out.
Thomas: Here is your Ups Tracking # 1Z51XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ben: I was told that it might not be delivered until the 25th since that is the Halo 3 release date. Is that true?
Thomas: Yes that is true.
Ben: Well that is not what the website said when I ordered yesterday morning, so the situation seems a little unfair to me. Is there any way I can be refunded for the overnight shipping I paid for?
Thomas: Yefs.
Thomas: Sorry " Yes."

Anyone wanna try calling UPS about their status? I'm currently looking for their phone number on the website. Going to ask specifically where my package is right now.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Anyone wanna try calling UPS about their status? I'm currently looking for their phone number on the website. Going to ask specifically where my package is right now.

Called, automated system said that billing information was received, but that they hadn't picked up the package yet. I'll be calling newegg today to cancel my overnight shipping, then I'll pick up the legendary edition I have preordered at eb. So I'll have two.

S1kkZ

i just saw the intro video at gametrailers and noticed some texture reloading at the beginning of the first level.

whats up with that?

i hope its not as bad as it was in gears or bioshock...

ALeperMessiah said:
Called, automated system said that billing information was received, but that they hadn't picked up the package yet. I'll be calling newegg today to cancel my overnight shipping, then I'll pick up the legendary edition I have preordered at eb. So I'll have two.
Yeah but I think that the automated system just refers to the status last scene on the website. I remember one time, somehow, getting ahold of a real person because my package said it was still in some state. Called, asked about it, he confirmed it would be here that day and low and behold, it was :) Just can't figure out how the hell to talk to an atually person again... damn it!

Mojovonio

Banned
S1kkZ said:
i just saw the intro video at gametrailers and noticed some texture reloading at the beginning of the first level.

whats up with that?

Aw fuck.

I hate this shit. Its really bad in Bioshock too. I think it may be my 360 though.

_dd_

S1kkZ said:

whats up with that?

It's definitely not. I only noticed that happening twice.

Okay, seriously, off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom