• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Can someone link the The Pit one that this guy did? I didn't see it and I don't like the idea of searching about the site for Halo 3 vids. That Construct one was awesome though. Hadn't even noticed the waterfalls before.

ALeperMessiah said:
Yeah, I'm going to call UPS later if I don't get a status change.

Well my ups status says the following:

Ship date 09/19/2007
Estimated delivery 09/20/2007
Service type NEXT DAY AIR
Weight 0.50 LBS

Status In Transit

So hmmmm

jeff

I still haven't got an email from newegg saying they're not going to send it, and my fedex tracking number still says it will be here today... We'll see.

alexh

I am really impressed by the IGN videos. The epic scarab battle overlooking the ark ( several scale mile draw distance ). The scarab looked so good, and the saved films version of the battle, where you can zoom out, reminded me of something you would see in a movie! Great job bungie.

*edit: Member! :D

The Crawf

McBradders said:
Wow it took me all day to catch up :lol

So, UK Gaf'ers, specifically Londoners, any joy in securing some of that sweet Halo 3 goodness?

Nope, just rang Gameplay and they said Legendary won't be posted till Tuesday

Wolffen

jeff said:
I still haven't got an email from newegg saying they're not going to send it, and my fedex tracking number still says it will be here today... We'll see.

Meanwhile, my UPS next day order that was places before 6AM PST yesterday is still sitting at status 3, and I've not received any kind of shipping notice. So once you have a tracking # you can refuse shipment? I'll try and contact Newegg when they open to cancel the order, and if they won't and can't give me a tracking # to contact UPS with, I'll call my credit card company and take care of things that way.

jeff

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well my ups status says the following:

Ship date 09/19/2007
Estimated delivery 09/20/2007
Service type NEXT DAY AIR
Weight 0.50 LBS

Status In Transit

So hmmmm

What time did you order yours? I ordered mine at 9:03 A.M. PST, and I'm getting the same message from fed-ex, says it will be here today.

Halvie

Banned
StranGER you lucky bastard...get that 1080p lcd. That is the exact model I want. Can't really think of a good reason to get rid of my 42a10 yet still have two years on my BB warranty for it :( Hope you like it.

eso76

BladedExpert said:
The Scarab explosion melted my face!!

I'll admit i wasn't that excited about halo 3, but after seeing those movies my hype-o-meter went over the top.
5 more days...

eso76 said:
I'll admit i wasn't that excited about halo 3, but after seeing those movies my hype-o-meter went over the top.
5 more days...

My Hype-o-meter died last week :( Unlucky for me im leaving the UK in a few hours and i dont get back til AM on 26th. Should be easy to avoid spoilers and return to a normal hype level with no internet for 6 days :(

France = Phail

Aleman

Newegg's tracking website says "In transit" and estimated delivery today but UPS's site says nothing of the sort, just says Billing Information Received. Newegg is botching this one :(

Killer

Banned
Aleman said:
Newegg's tracking website says "In transit" and estimated delivery today but UPS's site says nothing of the sort, just says Billing Information Received. Newegg is botching this one :(

Same here, and its estimated to be delivered today!

FIREBABY

The waterfalls are amazing. The best I've seen, even better than another game which will not be named, which I thought was the best before this. And this is in multiplayer, I can't wait to see campaigns enviroments. Oh yeah, memorizing plasma sword and sniper placements.:D

Aleman said:

Actually even though on in newegg it says transit. On the actually ups website says, billing information received. So I will check later with them to see whats up.

DenogginizerOS said:
Newegg successfully roped in a ton of orders and hits on their website with this stunt. If they had every intention of not shipping these out until a later date, then they should refund the overnight shipping costs to those who paid them if they will no longer cancel orders.

:lol :lol :lol

Gamefaqs blew a status change out of proportion and now it is Newegg's fault. I knew this would happen.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DoctorWho said:

Gamefaqs blew a status change out of proportion and now it is Neweggs fault. I knew this would happen.

Well, there are a lot of people who don't follow video games and their release dates on a daily basis who may have been on Newegg's webiste yesterday, saw Halo 3 as "In Stock", saw NOTHING about a delivery date of September 25th, and ordered it with overnight shipping.

armubaba

DoctorWho said:

Gamefaqs blew a status change out of proportion and now it is Newegg's fault. I knew this would happen.

Desperate Halo fans, futilely looking for a way to get the game early + listening to GameFAQs= not a good idea.

_dd_

I found a glitch while playing Halo 3: (campaign co-op) :::pOSSIBLE SPOILERS BEWARE:::
1. Player 1 gets Into an hornet and has some marines join him.
2. Player 1 exits the hornet and then gets into a second hornet with no marines on it
3. Player 2 jumps into the hornet that was originally piloted by Player 1
4. Have both player 1 and Player 2 fly up to some unknown height.
5. Let Player 1 Get killed
6. Watch as Player 2's Marines commit suicide and jump off of his Hornet

I am sorry for any sensitive mens I might have offended with my post prior to this edit.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Actually even though on in newegg it says transit. On the actually ups website says, billing information received. So I will check later with them to see whats up.

That's what mine says as well. I'm thinking newegg's still sitting on it.

DenogginizerOS said:
Well, there are a lot of people who don't follow video games and their release dates on a daily basis who may have been on Newegg's webiste yesterday, saw Halo 3 as "In Stock", saw NOTHING about a delivery date of Septemeber 25th, and ordered it with overnight shipping.

That doesn't sound like a stunt at all, an error that may have caused a few people who don't follow gaming to order, but most of the chaos and the majority of the people who ordered are gamers. "Oh my god, they are shipping Halo early!!" Even after they fixed the error and put up 9/25, everyone here was convinced that the shipment would still show up early even though they are all informed enough to know the game comes out on the 25th.

Did Newegg make an error, sure, but the vast majority of people who took advantage of it went on the assumption that the game was shipping early due to the status change reported on gamefaqs. GAMEFAQS!

Mojovonio

Banned
_dd_ said:
I found a glitch while playing Halo 3: (campaign co-op)

1. Player 1 gets Into an hornet and has some marines join him.
2. Player 1 exits the hornet and then gets into a second hornet with no marines on it
3. Player 2 jumps into the hornet that was originally piloted by Player 1
4. Have both player 1 and Player 2 fly up to some unknown height.
5. Let Player 1 Get killed
6. Watch as Player 2's Marines commit suicide and jump off of his Hornet

ohhhhh kkkkk,

time for me to leave again

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
_dd_ said:
I found a glitch while playing Halo 3: (campaign co-op)

1. Player 1 gets Into an hornet and has some marines join him.t

You should probably spoiler stuff like that. There are sensitive mens on this site.

StranGER

Halvie said:
StranGER you lucky bastard...get that 1080p lcd. That is the exact model I want. Can't really think of a good reason to get rid of my 42a10 yet still have two years on my BB warranty for it :( Hope you like it.

not lucky yet, if they approve my credit for that zero apr then i am stoked and will pay the difference over time. i saved about 1200 for a set and then saw that one and was jaw dropped.

Killer

Banned
The problem with fedex and ups overnight shipping is that it does not update as often as regular shipping. It will usually just say when you will receive your package, and after it is delivered and scanned by the driver it will update to say the packaged was delivered. I work for a university and we do overnight shipping from both UPS and Fedex and this is usually what happens. It will say they received delivery information, but will just give an update on when the package is expected to be delivered. It won't show where the package is exactly in transit like it would if it was groud shipping. Hope this helps.

There is HOPE .:D

joelseph

Who is more vested in this thread? Those that want to get an early shipment from Newegg or those that want point and laugh when early shipments don't come from Newegg? Its been going on for days now and the same people are always at it!

I still believe

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DoctorWho said:
That doesn't sound like a stunt at all, an error that may have caused a few people who don't follow gaming to order, but most of the chaos and the majority of the people who ordered are gamers. "Oh my god, they are shipping Halo early!!" Even after they fixed the error and put up 9/25, everyone here was convinced that the shipment would still show up early even though they are all informed enough to know the game comes out on the 25th.

Did Newegg make an error, sure, but the vast majority of people who took advantage of it went on the assumption that the game was shipping early due to the status change reported on gamefaqs. GAMEFAQS!

A stunt, as in charging people overnight shipping well before they edited the item listing to say "Orders Won't Arrive Until 9/25".

And I was pricing Halo 3 at places I shop. Saw Costco and Newegg had it listed cheap and was considering ordering from them when I noticed the "In Stock" icon. As one who frequently buys from Newegg, I am a huge fan of their company and hold no ill will. But I think they should at least offer credit to those who paid with overnight shipping when their item listed said nothing about a September 25th agreement. Whether people knew what the actual date was or not is irrelevant. At the time the order was placed and people's cards were charged, there was no listing for 9/25. Now that Newegg is not guaranteeing a cancellation, I think they at least owe those that ordered early some compensation.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DoctorWho said:

Gamefaqs has nothing to do with it. If you see "In Stock" on a page, and talk to someone there who tells you that it will be delivered, then you talk to a supervisor who says the exact same thing, as I did, then it is Newegg's fault. You don't lie in order to make a sale. That is like a dealer claiming you will get a iPod hook up in your car all the way through the sale, but then when you take delivery they say, "Oh we can't do that afterall". It is a shitty way of doing business. The classic bait and switch.

As I said yesterday, if this gets me the game on the 25th without having to stand in line at midnight for LE, then it was worth it. But for those who ordered only to get it early because Newegg said over and over that they would ship, knowing full well that they wouldn't, it is a bullshit deal.

joelseph said:
Who is more vested in this thread? Those that want to get an early shipment from Newegg or those that want point and laugh when early shipments don't come from Newegg? Its been going on for days now and the same people are always at it!

Days? This started yesterday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom