• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tieno said:
Direct link to hi-res flv files of the IGN TGS07 Halo 3 demo. So you can download and watch them without the hassle. Seems like it's from that campaign level with the cool sky. Part 1 and 2 are campaign, part 3 and 4 are MP(forge and stuff).
Part 1 (campaign): http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox36...21311/halo3_tgs07demo1_092007_flvhighwide.flv
Part 2(campaign): http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox36...21311/halo3_tgs07demo2_092007_flvhighwide.flv
Part 3(MP): http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox36...21311/halo3_tgs07demo3_092007_flvhighwide.flv
Part 4(MP): http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox36...21311/halo3_tgs07demo4_092007_flvhighwide.flv

Don't think I'll be watching the campain ones. While they're from the level Parish wrote about in EGM, this is the first demo to the public they've done. I've already seen enough.
Forge is way awesome, watching it now.

Thanks for the links Tieno.

well, here's my contribution to the Halo community: Halo - The Story So Far

forgive me hardcore halo fans if I've messed up any storyline details :lol It's basically a summary of the first two games in a quick verse (using wikipedia and my memory from playing the games)

how the hell do you pronounce Mjolnir...My-yol-neer or Mee-yol-neer?

zam

soul creator said:
how the hell do you pronounce Mjolnir...My-yol-neer or Mee-yol-neer?
Mee-yoll-nerr.

The Swedish pronunciation is hard to explain as it has a letter not in the english alphabet, Ö

I got a question about skulls for the Bungie guys or any of you guys that are lucky enough to have the game.

Say I play through the campaign on Heroic and finish it. Is it then OK to go back through the campaign, skull hunting, but on "easy" so that it gives me a bit of breathing space to hunt around?

Or are there more skulls to find in the higher difficulty levels?

Twicenightly said:
I got a question about skulls for the Bungie guys or any of you guys that are lucky enough to have the game.

Say I play through the campaign on Heroic and finish it. Is it then OK to go back through the campaign, skull hunting, but on "easy" so that it gives me a bit of breathing space to hunt around?

Or are there more skulls to find in the higher difficulty levels?

I don't own the game yet, but the skulls are only available on Normal, Heroic or Legendary.

Darkman M said:
Just got my tracking number from fedex and it's said it should be delivered to my house by 10:30 am!! I hope they are not shiting me.

Got my tracking number from UPS, they claim delivery is today. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

FFChris

So, I went for a wander round my town centre (I'm in the UK).

Woolworths - Nope, just got told by a sales women it would be in on Friday.
WHSmith - Nope, not in at all.
Argos - Seems they have taken the game off their system entirely.
Virgin - Not there.
HMV - Box is up, no point in asking as they have them on shelves.

Didn't bother with Game or Gamestation, I know what answer I would have recieved.

Tieno

ferrex's articles on Forge Editting are very much appreciated. Reading them ideas bubble up in your head, but it's still hard to wrap your head around and know the limits without tinkering yourself.
Can't wait to create and test Crazy Taxy.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You could try Dixons, they suck at holding to street dates. But i think, from looking at places like dabs, that most of the UK stock isn't arriving in stores untill tomorrow.

eclipze

For those gaffers who already have the game, I get my hands on my precious copy tomorrow. Who's up for some legendary co-op? :D

FFChris

Ghost said:
You could try Dixons, they suck at holding to street dates. But i think, from looking at places like dabs, that most of the UK stock isn't arriving in stores untill tomorrow.

I did, funnily enough they didn't even have any games on the shelves.

The had all the peripherals, but no games. :lol

Captain N

I was hoping to get some more Gears of War Achievements, but now I might be getting it today so we'll see how that turns out...how big of a hit do you guys think Halo 3 will be to the number of people playing Gears

Gav

Well i just had some shit news and then some awesome news on my Halo 3 Legendary quest.

Preordered in Game months ago, got them to check it, stood around talking to the guys (who had been playing it in the back room) while they called customer services. Basically the guys put it in the computer wrong months ago, and nobody knew. So no Legendary for me :(

Walked over to HMV, thought i'd preorder Collectors over there, give them my custom. The girl didnt know what she was doing, so the games guy took over.
Told him what had happened in Game, and he said they are only getting 2 Legendary's in. He's taking one home, and the computer wont let them pre-order it cos of low supply. So he takes my details, writes them down and promises he'll put the other one to the side for me!
"I guarantee you'll get the legendary edition on Wednesday!"

:D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Vyse The Legend said:
I suppose you are right, but I am no mere mortal, so all you average joes can add +5 hours to your playtimes. :p

Edit: Added the spoiler tag.

No problem I guess, just th--- you did NOT just me an average Joe!

That's throwing the gloves right there, guy!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Newegg successfully roped in a ton of orders and hits on their website with this stunt. If they had every intention of not shipping these out until a later date, then they should refund the overnight shipping costs to those who paid them if they will no longer cancel orders.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
UnholySpectacle said:
Yup, I just got off the phone too. No Halo 3 for us till Monday night I guess. I'm gonna cancel when Neweggs customer service is back up.

I hate to say I told you so...

Nobody is more upset about this than you man.

traveler

Not Wario
DenogginizerOS said:
Newegg successfully roped in a ton of orders and hits on their website with this stunt. If they had every intention of not shipping these out until a later date, then they should refund the overnight shipping costs to those who paid them if they will no longer cancel orders.

They did, but it sucks if you'd already ordered a copy from another online site because, while they will refund you the shipping costs, they won't let you cancel your order or return it at all.

Edit: Spoilers, assembly, spoilers. Like I've said, I don't mind not playing until the 25th as long as I don't get spoiled any more than I already have been.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
LukeSmith said:
I won't be playing matchmaking until the population gets a little higher than this weekend's expected turnout.

Luke I have sent you, Frankie, Stuntmutt, and Louis Wu friends request before and you declined. I sent them once and that was it. No need to beat a dead horse. But if you wanna fill up the Friends list add me up.

Calm Killer

traveler said:
They did, but it sucks if you'd already ordered a copy from another online site because, while they will refund you the shipping costs, they won't let you cancel your order or return it at all.
Yes, you can return the order. Just deny the package when UPS or FedEx try to deliver and you will receive a full refund.

Assembly Required said:
Patience people, patience. The 25th is just days away.. why the rush?
Are you seriously asking that question?

StranGER

I've narrowed it down to these 2 i think.

depending on the Elite it might decide which way iplay my halo 3 goodness.

but looks like fri or monday i will be picking one up at zero interest for 36 months.
does the elite put out 1080 or just 720

is it worth spending more for the 1080 set over this 720

i gotta buy one by monday. also any idea if best buy matches net prices ?

720 samsung

1080 samsung

Bowen_B

Banned
Captain N said:
I was hoping to get some more Gears of War Achievements, but now I might be getting it today so we'll see how that turns out...how big of a hit do you guys think Halo 3 will be to the number of people playing Gears
The Gears and Shadowrun communities will effictively be culled by Halo 3.
This week I've been playing Shadowrun every morning and night before/after work to try and get as many achievements before MS drops the H-bomb.

Roat

Banned
So uh, I was in the store today and saw the Halo 3 'missile box' carrier and the horrific controller that comes with the figurine. Has anyone actually bought them?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
traveler said:

I would contact FedEx ahead of time and tell them you don't want it. Or wait and receive it and then contact Newegg. They will send you a shipping label and let you return the package for a full refund.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Wow it took me all day to catch up :lol

So, UK Gaf'ers, specifically Londoners, any joy in securing some of that sweet Halo 3 goodness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom