• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haklong

Aleman said:
It won't be delivered from Newegg until the 25th but they will REFUND you for you overnight shipping cost. I now will have Halo 3 on Sept. 25 for $55 instead of $63 from EB Games [goes to cancel EB pre-order]

The person I talked to refused to give me a refund for the overnight shipping.

Kroll GB

McBradders said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

It's way too quiet from the UK... they have their copies I bet, those rat bastards :lol

Heh just found out that Virgin in Duty Free at Heathrow are selling! Guess where I'm working today!

Before you ask, I can't get in there and I kinda want to wait...
*imagines queues to get through security with fans foaming at the mouth and the cheapest non EU tickets they could find clutched in their hands!*:lol

One of the weakest elements of H2 IMO was the lack of good 2 player maps, and many maps weren't great for 2v2. I'm looking foward to forging up some new variants for two players.

Current 1 vs. 1 ideas.

Highground, barricade in the base, and drop all spawns in there. All weapon spawns outside the base removed, inside lots of BR's, PRs, pistols and Maulers. One shotty and one rocket. Tight quarters and lots of killing :D.

Snobound. all spawns underground, all entrances barricaded. Teleporters to take players from one base to the other. Tight circular, claustraphobic and simple.

Not sure how any other maps flow yet to create more 1 vs 1 varients.

Hey Manhattanites , any advice on decent CHEAP internet? I have internet for my computer, but want broadband for Halo 3 and Tivo pretty much . If I could get it without local phone or cable, that would be better.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
UPS: 1-800-742-5877

Newegg is being a pain about this. They charge cards when they ship, but they don't actually ship. However, they can't cancel?

After a lot of fussing, the online rep. said she'd TRY to cancel the order.

We'll see what happens.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Yeah but I think that the automated system just refers to the status last scene on the website. I remember one time, somehow, getting ahold of a real person because my package said it was still in some state. Called, asked about it, he confirmed it would be here that day and low and behold, it was :) Just can't figure out how the hell to talk to an atually person again... damn it!

Talked to a person, and they told me the same thing as the website. Newegg still has it...

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Kroll GB said:
Heh just found out that Virgin in Duty Free at Heathrow are selling! Guess where I'm working today!

*imagines queues to get through security with fans foaming at the mouth and the cheapest non EU tickets they could find clutched in their hands!*:lol

*foams at the mouth*

Well... shit.

Halvie

Banned
look up sites that review online merchants. Newegg lists a phone number of one of the higher ups. He has done a ton to help me out...refunding shipping charges...refunding returns they said they never got. He will at least be able to do more than these douches from the online help.

Gabriel at 800-390-1119 (dial 25082 immediately)

LunaticPuma said:
UPS: 1-800-742-5877

Called and got the automated thing again. Spoke to an agent and she said that from their records it says it hasnt been picked up yet. Then I asked if there was a way to figure out when it was schedule for pick up and she stated something about calling some distribution place. I asked for the number and she said she didn't have it... *smack forhead* I give up, I'm just going to tell newegg yet again to cancel.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kroll GB said:

That would suck, you are off on holiday thinking you'll get back in a week, just in time for Halo 3, then you walk into Virgin and see it on the shelf, you've already checked in, it's too late to go back, you just have to go on holiday knowing that you could have spent those 6 precious days locked away from your loved ones enjoying Halo 3 early...sucks to be those guys.

My pre-order hasn't even been picked yet as far as i know, still haven't been charged, hope ShopTo will get it to me by Wednesday.

Walshicus

Question to any Bungie guys:

Can we expect to get more information on the remaining armour variants - like we got for the EVA and CQB - as time goes by?

Cuckooo

The UK is abysimal for getting games early, every employee is so clueless as to whats going on. One of the staff in Woolies actually asked 'isn't Halo 3 coming out next year?'

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Sir Fragula said:
Question to any Bungie guys:

Can we expect to get more information on the remaining armour variants - like we got for the EVA and CQB - as time goes by?
Wait, have we even been told how many there are?

Chi-Town

So I'm at Target yesterday and see they have Halo3 in the display case. No point in asking because they clearly have the "Don't sell before September 25" sticker. I walk a bit and they have an endcap display with all this Halo3 merchandise...including copies of the game. I picked one up, took it to the registers up front...and it scanned in "Do not sell". Oh well.

Chi-Town said:
So I'm at Target yesterday and see they have Halo3 in the display case. No point in asking because they clearly have the "Don't sell before September 25" sticker. I walk a bit and they have an endcap display with all this Halo3 merchandise...including copies of the game. I picked one up, took it to the registers up front...and it scanned in "Do not sell". Oh well.
Yea, you are gonna have to be stupidly lucky to get the game early in NA I think. I've already resigned myself to the long haul, not getting worked up about each and every leak helps with the wait.

6630 sounds so far away... :(
Not to me it doesn't. Was 8000 yesterday!

Cocopjojo said:
Wait, have we even been told how many there are?

Frankie once said you could make over "a thousand combinations". I'm guessing each side will have something around 12-20 different, whole pieces of armor.

And don't forget, they can add more whenever they feel like it thanks to the ease of Marketplace.

Kroll GB

Deadly Monk said:
Frankie once said you make over "a thousand combinations". I'm guessing each side will have something around 12-20 different, whole pieces of armor.

And don't forget, they can add more whenever they feel like it thanks to the ease of Marketplace.

He was factoring in emblem changes to that equation.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Kroll GB said:
He was factoring in emblem changes to that equation.
Yeah. I have the game. I was just curious as to whether or not it had been publicly announced.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So long as I can have my darned skull and crossbones I will be happy.

Man, Wednesday is so very far away, especially because I will likely have to wait until Thursday to get it. Am sad.

Ghost said:
My pre-order hasn't even been picked yet as far as i know, still haven't been charged, hope ShopTo will get it to me by Wednesday.

That's who my pre-order is with. Does you'rs just still show it over on the right there under "Your pre-orders"?

t4ng0

siamesedreamer said:
UNO ILL NINO called me and said he got the game. It was a 2.5 hour drive to that store in Wisconsin who sold it early. He called them last night and got them to reserve the game for him. When he showed up the employees were well aware they weren't supposed to be selling it early, but they honored the deal they had with him because he drove so far. He also kinda played dumb by acting like he thought it came out this week.

Anyway, he's still gotta go to work today. So, he won't be able to post some spoiler-less impressions until later tonight.
zomg.gif

what store in wisconsin? i may have to check this out

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
That's who my pre-order is with. Does you'rs just still show it over on the right there under "Your pre-orders"?

Yeah still there.

No punishment for Argos:
Neil Thompson, senior regional director for the UK and Ireland at Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, has told GamesIndustry.biz he is satisfied that the occurrence was not malicious, and that it was a genuine mistake which the retailer has gone to great lengths to prevent from happening again.

"From what I understand of it, it was an honest and genuine mistake. I'm disappointed that it happened because of the turmoil it creates, but I totally understand that in every organisation sometimes it's tough to manage every particular aspect of your supply chain and everything, to the nth degree, so that something won't go wrong at some point."

"I don't think there was any malice on the part of Argos at all, it was just an honest mistake. Argos reacted incredibly quickly to the mistake, they issued us with a detailed summation of why the mistake happened - mistakes like that, we have to be somewhat flexible."

Guess no one told Neil that Argos have been selling games early using the same exploit for years, and they've just neglected to do anything about it.

madmook

What is this "skulls" stuff they were talking about on the last podcast (with the level designer)? Are they just easter eggs scattered throughout the levels for people to find? Will they be required for anything, will they unlock stuff, or are they just for the hardest of the hardcore to care about?

RumFore

Banned
Are you guys sure Newegg is not pulling your leg about FedEx holding the game until the 25 and instead are just saying this so it appears they are not breaking the street date? Check your tracking and see the schedule delivery date cause I cant imagine FedEx holding a over night package for 5 days.

I just talked to NewEgg. Apparently my package has a FedEx tracking number and FedEx site says Estimated Delivery by 10:30 AM Today. Well, its 11:30 here already so I am going to go home during lunch and check.

But NewEgg said that due to some system glitch, my status did not get updated from Step3nor did I receive a ship email.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
RumpledForeskin said:
Are you guys sure Newegg is not pulling your leg about FedEx holding the game until the 25 and instead are just saying this so it appears they are not breaking the street date? Check your tracking and see the schedule delivery date cause I cant imagine FedEx holding a over night package for 5 days.

BELIEVE.

madmook said:
What is this "skulls" stuff they were talking about on the last podcast (with the level designer)? Are they just easter eggs scattered throughout the levels for people to find? Will they be required for anything, will they unlock stuff, or are they just for the hardest of the hardcore to care about?
Skulls were easter eggs in Halo 2, hidden about the levels. You had to do some really intricate stuff to get ahold of em too, and they'd change the game in some way until you shut the console off IIRC. Like all headshots cause explosions, all mobs are super elite or w/e, some wicked vampire mode, invisibility as MC, and other stuff. They seem to be much more prominent in this game, with lots of different skulls altering difficulty and affecting the meta-game.

madmook said:

That's what they did in Halo 2, they were hard to find, then you got some kind of crazy reward till you ended the game. Some would change physics, some made the game crazy hard, one even just made the enemies say funny lines.

This time around they are like unlockables, once you find them you can choose to apply their affects at the start of the game. Using skulls provides multipliers for campaign scoring, so you need to them for achievements and general awesomeness.

So yea, you will be hardcore to find them, but now they are basically difficulty modifiers that you get rewarded / punished(Not sure are there skulls for easier play and do they affect scoring) for using.

Can't fricken wait. First game I get full gamerscore confirmed?

RumpledForeskin said:

Yes, I called FedEx and they confirmed they do not have the package at all. NewEgg has printed a label and slapped it on my box, and it is sitting in their warehouse. I convinced NewEgg to refund my shipping, but could not cancel the order. I still have the option of refusing the package but at this point I might as well keep it.

Cocksucker newegg rep I got on the live chat won't refund my shipping, because he says they can only do it if the item is delayed from the 25th. I explained that since the page for Halo 3 doesn't list any sort of release date, but instead said in stock, that this is their goof.. and it continues..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
brokenwatch said:
Yes, I called FedEx and they confirmed they do not have the package at all. NewEgg has printed a label and slapped it on my box, and it is sitting in their warehouse. I convinced NewEgg to refund my shipping, but could not cancel the order. I still have the option of refusing the package but at this point I might as well keep it.

LE for 119.00, no tax is a good deal.

Dirtbag

brokenwatch said:

you should refuse it out of principle.

N.A

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Can you tell how many pieces of armor still need to be unlocked?

Total spartan armor count:

Head: 10
Left Shoulder: 7
Right Shoulder: 7
Body: 6

Edit:

Elite armor count:

Head: 5
Left Shoulder: 5
Right Shoulder: 5
Body: 5

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
DoctorWho said:
Can you tell how many pieces of armor still need to be unlocked?
Here it is:

It comes with Mark VI, C.Q.B., and E.V.A. unlocked for everything.
Head has ten total, left shoulder has seven total, right shoulder has seven total, and body has six total. Those are totals, including the three that come unlocked already. I've unlocked the Scout helmet, the Scout body piece, and the Hayabusa body piece.

Edit: beaten, but I named two new pieces that I've unlocked.

Also, I was just playing around in Forge, and I laid down a two-way teleporter node, and then created another, which I was carrying around deciding where to place, and I bumped against a wall and actually flew through the teleporter node that I was holding. And it came with me through itself. I then proceeded to have a massive brain hemorrhage.

t4ng0

siamesedreamer said:
Don't bother. They told him they won't sell anymore until the 25th.

Figured as much but I'd still be interesting in knowing where, since nothing of gaming significance ever happens in Wisconsin.

I went in to the gamestop on state st. in madtown, and the manager wouldn't even confirm if they had halo 3 in back(they of course did)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom