• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Unironically agreed. Ansem with his Guardian is still probably the best/most fun final boss fight in the series, IMO. DDD's and KH2's final bosses are way too scripting-heavy (especially KH2's), and BBS's final bosses, while epic in terms of the story climax, can all kinda be spammed to death (yes, even Terra's final boss) - those feel like really great flashy duels but aren't actually that intricate in terms of gameplay.

ON GUARDIAN!

It's just a little frustrating that nobody fucking stays dead in KH. It makes the fights feel meaningless.

TheMink

Unironically agreed. Ansem with his Guardian is still probably the best/most fun final boss fight in the series, IMO. DDD's and KH2's final bosses are way too scripting-heavy (especially KH2's), and BBS's final bosses, while epic in terms of the story climax, can all kinda be spammed to death (yes, even Terra's final boss) - those feel like really great flashy duels but aren't actually that intricate in terms of gameplay.

KH2 has the best boss fights. The KH1.

And just btw, always talking about KH2FM+
Never refering to vanilla.

KH2 has the best boss fights. The KH1.

And just btw, always talking about KH2FM+
Never refering to vanilla.

Sure, in general, but KH1 Ansem is still a better fight than KH2 Xemnas. They're both equally drawn-out final boss sequences, but KH2's final Xemnas battle is way, way too heavily scripted.

Tsunamo

Why couldn't the ReMix have a CE? Artbook is nice, but would have been awesome if it was bigger, came with an awesome figure, music cd. Man I'd be all over that.
I wouldn't expect a figurine included as a pre-order bonus to be very high quality (unless they did it in the form of a more expensive collectors edition), but something like a random formation arts figurine would have been neat.

On the topic of soundtracks I wonder if they'll do a 1.5 OST release.
Please don't tell me this is a thing now.
It is. Just when you thought after DDD Nomura couldn't drag the series story even further down this happens.

I'd link to the site that translated the quote but it hosts scans.

I wouldn't expect a figurine included as a pre-order bonus to be very high quality (unless they did it in the form of a more expensive collectors edition), but something like a random formation arts figurine would have been neat.

On the topic of soundtracks I wonder if they'll do a 1.5 OST release.It is. Just when you thought after DDD Nomura couldn't drag the series story even further down this happens.

I'd link to the site that translated the quote but it hosts scans.

Oh Nomura you stupid man.

I hope Padington-sempai is working hard on the OT. Less than a week till that should go live! >:)

And as I said before I bet the 1.5 and 2.5 remixed OST gets released as one kinda like they did with BBSFM+Re:Coded+Days.

TheMink

Sure, in general, but KH1 Ansem is still a better fight than KH2 Xemnas. They're both equally drawn-out final boss sequences, but KH2's final Xemnas battle is way, way too heavily scripted.

Ah yes, i would definitely agree there.

Still, jumping on buildings and crap is awesome haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is the OT gonna be live soon? When is KH HD released?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Next week should be OT time. KH HD releases sept. 10 in the US and 13 in EU.
Super excited! I've only played the original KH and that was when it was released. I remember really liking it (especially the graphics and music) so this will be very interesting. Shit, it's been such a long time! It'll be like playing it for the first time.

The press got copies of the game a while ago AFAIK so it has been around.

Will watch tho :lol.

Super excited! I've only played the original KH and that was when it was released. I remember really liking it (especially the graphics and music) so this will be very interesting. Shit, it's been such a long time! It'll be like playing it for the first time.
Especially with all the Final Mix+HD ReMix additions! Well while I certainly have played the original game way too often :lol. High time to put the old (crappy ;-;) original PAL copy to rest. He has served me well over the years *salute*

Tsunamo

Oh, it's almost releasing! :O

I was trying to plat KH1, but I haven't turned my PS3 on in about 3 weeks. dat FFXIV.
I've been trying to platinum Re:CoM (prettymuch just need to finish up two playthroughs for Sora and Riku now) but I don't have the motivation to. I suppose if the trophy lists are shared then it'll be easier to get around to it.
And as I said before I bet the 1.5 and 2.5 remixed OST gets released as one kinda like they did with BBSFM+Re:Coded+Days.
That would be great. I've already got the full OST of 1/Re:CoM/2 along with Birth By Sleep Final Mix + Re:coded + Days so a 1.5 and 2.5 complication OST would go nice with my collection.
You're in for a treat! I replayed it after not doing so for years not long ago and that feeling I felt for the first time when playing it came back, it's a really fun adventure to go through.

971533_10151561208525841_638218573_n.jpg

I was hoping the Days Dub/Translation would be better, but I get the feeling it's going to be worse based on this.

Mr. Fix

While KH3 will undoubtedly have far fewer post-game/super bosses than KH2 FM, I'm hoping that in addition to the new Sephiroth fight, they add another super boss:

Xxd58QY.jpg

Gilgamesh really does seem like such a solid fit for the series, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet. KH DDD's superboss was a step down from what KH normally offers.

Oh, and fingers crossed for Disney worlds that don't feel completely lifeless. I'm guessing that it was due to hardware limitations that they ended being shallow post-KH2.

While KH3 will undoubtedly have far fewer post-game/super bosses than KH2 FM, I'm hoping that in addition to the new Sephiroth fight, they add another super boss:

Xxd58QY.jpg

Gilgamesh really does seem like such a solid fit for the series, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet. KH DDD's superboss was a step down from what KH normally offers.

Oh, and fingers crossed for Disney worlds that don't feel completely lifeless. I'm guessing that it was due to hardware limitations that they ended being shallow post-KH2.

I could see Gilgamesh being a fun superboss, but let's hope you're wrong and KH3 still has plenty of optional boss fights.

I've been trying to platinum Re:CoM (prettymuch just need to finish up two playthroughs for Sora and Riku now) but I don't have the motivation to. I suppose if the trophy lists are shared then it'll be easier to get around to it.

Apparently any trophies you got with the japan version will be transferred to the western version.

I guess that means they didn't ''fix'' the difficulty trophies stacking either. Oh well.

Tsunamo

Apparently any trophies you got with the japan version will be transferred to the western version.

I guess that means they didn't ''fix'' the difficulty trophies stacking either. Oh well.
Hooray! Now I can finally platinum Re:CoM!

That's a shame about the difficulty stacking though. As I said before I don't mind it in the original Kingdom Hearts due to it requiring two playthroughs to get some of the trophys anyway (unless you can do a proud run with basic equipment in under 15 hours, if someone out there can props to them) but with Re:CoM they should stack, it's not needed at all.

So my first playthrough of KH1 HD will probably be a 100% run so I'll get most of the trophies. Take shield/discard sword seems like the way to go since I'll get Lucky Strike early. Would there be any benefit to discarding the staff?

Sorry for my absence!!!! Been super busy.

HOWEVER! Been working on the OT and i was hoping to get some Title suggestions

I still think ''Icecream thread'' is funni :(

If you need avatars I have a bunch.

Edit: of course if you want to do a consistent joke with previous threads then ''Sora is everyone in HD''

I still think ''Icecream thread'' is funni :(

If you need avatars I have a bunch.

Edit: of course if you want to do a consistent joke with previous threads then ''Sora is everyone in HD''

Hahaha those are both great.

Yeah Avatars would be awesome

EDIT:Does anyone know if it is 1080p? Is it 30 or 60 FPS?

RPGCrazied

Have they shown the artbook yet? I know we've seen concepts of it, but I'd like to see the real thing. Is it even hardback?

Gotcha, thanks man.

Also, does anyone have the KH1.5 Changes list?

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Changes

- Fourth Menu slot changed to Summons.
- Special Attacks & Field Actions (Sonic Blade, Ars Arcanum, etc.) moved to Triangle button.
- Newer character models for Sora, Kairi and Ansem, among others
- Zero EXP (Sora & All party members do not gain EXP) Ability added
- Combo Master (Sora can continue a combo even when he isn't locked on to a target) Ability added
- Camera Control changed to right analog stick, ala KH2 & KH3D (w/ Circle Pad add-on)
- Music remastered and recorded with live instruments
- Proper scene skip implemented

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories Changes

- Having clear data from 358/2 Days unlocks keyblade themed cards from 358/2 Days in-game.

And in case it's necessary, these are the changes from vanilla KH1 to Final Mix:

- All additions from US/PAL versions (Ice Titan & Sephiroth boss fights, Night on Bald Mountain theme for Chernabog boss) added
- Recolored Heartless
- New Heartless Added:

- Gigant Shadow (Encountered in Neverland)
- Stealth Soldier (Encountered in Hollow Bastion)
- Black Ballade (Encountered in Deep Jungle)
- Sniper Wild (Encountered in Traverse Town)
- Pot Scorpion (Encountered in Agrabah)
- Grand Ghost (Encountered in Monstro)
- Chimera (Encountered in Halloween Town)
- Jet Balloon & Missile Diver (Encountered in Neverland)
- Pink Agaracius (Encountered in Deep Jungle)
- Neoshadow (Encountered in End of the World)

- "Unknown/Xemnas" optional boss added
- Diamond Dust & One Winged Angel Keyblades added
- New ultimate weapons for Donald & Goofy: Fantasista & Meteo Strike for Donald, Massive Bumper & Seven Elements for Goofy
- Keyblades rebalanced:

- Lady Luck's strength lowered from 8 to 7
- Olympia's strength raised from 9 to 10. It's crit rate is lowered by 1/3, and it's crit strength is halved
- Metal Chocobo's strength lowered from 10 to 9
- Divine Rose's strength raised from 10 to 13
- Fairy Harp's crit rate & strength halved
- Wishing Star's strength lowered from 4 to 2
- Oblivion's crit strength cut in half
- Ultima Weapon's strength raised from 12 to 14. It's crit strength was halved.

- Donald & Goofy's Weapons rebalanced
- Ultima Weapon is more difficult to synthesize
- New accessories
- Event Skip added
- Previously missable Trinity in Halloween Town was moved to make it accessible at any time
- Some Dalmatian chests locations changed
- Sora, Donald & Goofy's abilities revised; Sora's abilities rearranged & learned at different levels
- AP Cost for numerous abilities rearranged
- New Abilities for Sora:

- Slap Shot
- Slide Dash
- Stun Impact
- Hurricane Period (Localized as Hurricane Blast in 1.5)
- Zantetsuken
- Ripple Drive
- Gravity Break
- Encounter Up (Raises Encounter rate)

- New Ability for Goofy

- Evolution (Same effect as a Mega-Potion)

- New Misc. Abilities:
- Leaf Veil/Bracer
- Tech Plus

- Stats for Sora, Donald & Goofy rebalanced:

- Sora gets more AP and HP, but less Attack and Defense Boosts
- Donald and Goofy get slightly more AP; Takes longer to automatically revive in battle

- Beginner difficulty added; Starts Sora off with stat boosts and EXP boosting items.
- Expert Mode upgraded to Proud Mode.

You are missing the most important! New gummi blocks, new gummi blueprints and gummi missions! :3

Tho maybe all the balance changes are lil too deep for the OT? Final Mix changes should totally be in the OP imo tho.

Also isn't Combo Master allowing continuing combo if you don't hit the enemy? At least that is how it was in KH2.

Yeah, the balance changes aren't really necessary, I just copied and pasted from the list I had already. The extra content should definitely be highlighted, though.

Seven Force not messing around yo

I... may or may not have gotten bored a few months back and compiled a list of the the regional changes between KH games. >___>

Not even going to lie, the extra Gummi Ship missions completely slipped my mind. That should probably be added in, too.

How could you forget the new Gummi Wheel block!
7Y53MyO.png

HOW?

Anyhoo it's tuesday already over ere. Where is the OT Paddington? Where is the OT dude?

Where is it?

Edit: seriously tho: one more thing I noticed about your list. It's missing the new cutscenes in FM.

Seda

Excited to replay these games, have to beat Dream Team first this week though.

Wow Divine Rose's strength was raised? I always use that keyblade for some time when you obtain it.

Excited to replay these games, have to beat Dream Team first this week though.

Wow Divine Rose's strength was raised? I always use that keyblade for some time when you obtain it.

Yeah. It's practically the best balanced endgame keyblade that isn't Ultima Weapon.

Tsunamo

HEDIT:Does anyone know if it is 1080p? Is it 30 or 60 FPS?
I know it's not 1080p native, but I do believe it supports 1080p upscaled with a good form of AA. Looks not jagged at all and really crisp on my 1080p/i TV.
I'm not too knowledgeable on tecnincal stuff regarding resolutions though so I probably didn't get that right.
The 4th command slot being a summon slot isn't really a change.

Today I learned that the summon slot was originally the 4th slot in the Beta Kingdom Hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmlrmYoGS6w&html5=1#t=148

Check at 1:08
I've seen that beta trailer so many times and never noticed he that, good find. Still though, it was moved from the original game so it is a change that would be worth mentioning in the OT OP

I'd love to hear more plot details for the original story of Kingdom Hearts one day, it looked very interesting.

Gummi missions are making me not platinum this game. Screw them.

Yeah. It's practically the best balanced endgame keyblade that isn't Ultima Weapon.
I sometimes wonder why you would even need the UW when you have the Rose. At its status of non special keyblade, it's kinda broken.
It's like you have this amazing cake, and the UW ends up being just the cherry, because the cake was damn good already.

I hate cherries, but the analogy works...

Top Bottom