• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he's got McCoy handcuffed. Not an easy task given mega-shallow benches.
You really going to keep Andre Brown until Week 10?
Why not? There isn't really a need to drop him, People have so much dead weight on their benches it's ridiculous. I don't need multiple kickers, second D (yet), or a second TE (barely have a 1st TE). If you don't use a guy 2 weeks in a row and it's not a result of Defensive player will shut the guy down/handcuff/stash drop I drop them. Brown is pretty much my IR stash.

And of course McCoy is back and rips off a 30-yarder. nvm minx88 you fine.

I can only follow the game on yahoo's game channel, but can someone tell me if Bowe is even playing tonight?

why the fuck does donnie avery have 100 plus yds and 6 catches and bowe zero??

UberTag

I can only follow the game on yahoo's game channel, but can someone tell me if Bowe is even playing tonight?

If you've owned Bowe in the past, you'd know this kind of thing should be expected by now. He vanishes in games all the time. He's a well-paid decoy.

Avery is running short curls/crossing patterns, Bowe running deep. Alex Smith can't throw deep.

Avery is running short curls/crossing patterns, Bowe running deep. Alex Smith can't throw deep.

I'm enraged that Bowe has 0 fucking catches...but at least he isn't hurt..But damn..absolutely nothing...

I have an easy matchup this week in my keeper league, but with performances like this by Bowe, Lacy not playing, and having to start Bobby "make it" Rainey (that's how desperate I am. I need my legit starters like Bowe to actually do something), I may lose a game I should win.

But thank you for letting me know though.

Gonna crib and paraphrase a Ubertag post from last season
Last year in No Quitters 3, 8 teams made the playoffs and had the opportunity to take home all the $$. Those 8 teams were...

FirstPlaceLoser (9-4)
Good As Gould (9-4)
Dinner Out (9-4)
PrimeTime (8-5)
Long Island Broskis (7-6)
Bail Kings (NeoGAF) (6-7)
Peyton's Creaky Neck (7-6)
Hookers And Blow (7-6)

Of these eight teams, only Dinner Out & PrimeTime were 0-2 after their first two games.
They did NOT lose in Week 3.

In No Quitters 2, the same story played out. 8 playoff teams...

Ember Island Players (11-2)
Alex Anderson (9-4)
GaleSayers Explosion (9-4)
Romo Wittenhispants (9-4)
Bail Kings (NeoGAF) (8-5)
Whizzinators (8-5)
Da Big Blue Crew v.2 (7-6)
Dinner Out (7-6)

Of these eight teams, only GaleSayers Explosion & Dinner Out were 0-2 after their first two games.

In No Quitters 1. 6 playoff teams... out of a 14-team league.

Dinner Out (10-3)
Witty Nicknames (10-3)
Hookers And Blow (9-4)
2Legit2Bitch! (8-5)
Team Konex (7-6)
Turf Masters (7-6)

Of these six teams, only Turf Masters were 0-2 after their first two games.

Teams have had a crack at the money from 1-3 and even 1-4... but NEVER from 0-3.
If you're an 0-2 team after this weekend, you cannot afford to lose next week.
In No Quitters 4, 8 playoff teams, 16 team league.

Dinner Out (9-4-0)
Long Island Broskis (9-4-0)
Sinistar (8-5-0)
New Orleans Phoenix (8-5-0)
FPL-Defending Champs (8-5-0)
Hookers And Blow (7-6-0)
Bail Kings (NeoGAF) (7-6-0)
I'm Doin' It Like Eli (7-6-0)

Redneck Rivers (cloudy), Puddles of Win (Puddles), and Bail Kings (NeoGaf) (crazymoogle) started out 0-2. Amazingly Bail Kings (NeoGaf) lost week 3 but went on a 6 game winning streak, and eventually made the playoffs. He is the only person in No Quitters League history to do this, and IMHO one of the toughest, smartest competitors I've ever had the misfortune of playing against.

Bottom line, you go 0-3 you better look to make a deal with someone ASAP. Because if your team isn't good enough to win 1 of the first 3 games, it's not good enough to win 7 of the next 10 w/o a major shakeup.

minx

So my phone totally fucked up my trade. It needs to be canceled. I did not want McGahee and I was offering Blackmon not a Gordon. My message to him detailed thoughts on Blackmon which he clearly saw and still realized I had accidentally included Gordon.

So my phone totally fucked up my trade. It needs to be canceled. I did not want McGahee and I was offering Blackmon not a Gordon. My message to him detailed thoughts on Blackmon which he clearly saw and still realized I had accidentally included Gordon.
errrr.. there's no message on the trade screen. Also you might want to PM Cloudy and send him a message via the league e-mail.then.

Enron

Banned
Looking pretty good for me this week in the battle of unbeatens. So long as julio doesn't get a couple of rushing TDs or something I should win. Sorry Frankman!

UberTag

My team royally shit the bed this week.
Might be curtains for my fantasy season. I should have pulled the trigger on a trade before today's games.

Enron

Banned
I had a feeling Kaepernick wasn't quite as good as his showing last year. He was one of the guys I had on my list to avoid at all costs.

The fantasy gods hate me. Ray Rice, SJax and now Finley all go down within the first three weeks. I have decent RB depth but need Finley to play next week. Ugh.

I lost yesterday when Bush sat out and the Giants O-Line failed Eli Manning. It was kinda annoying because Eli had such a cakewalk matchup and his projection was so conservative... I'm not going to lament on the 31.76 on my bench by Antonio Brown, starting DeAndre Hopkins at the Flex over Brown seemed like a good idea. After all, Brown was facing a killer matchup and with Johnson facing LaDarius Webb I figured Hopkins would rack up targets... I forgot one important thing: NEVER TRUST MILT SCHOOB.

That trade malfunction didn't help either.

UberTag

My goose is already cooked in No Quitters 4 but I'd still like a monster game out of Peyton to boost his trade value.
With that being said, I'm sure tonight he'll get himself a season-ending injury.

Electing to take a 0 at the QB position and tank for waiver priority this week. I'm sure this decision will come back to bite me in the ass later but I feel it's worth it right now.

My goose is already cooked in No Quitters 4 but I'd still like a monster game out of Peyton to boost his trade value.
With that being said, I'm sure tonight he'll get himself a season-ending injury.

Electing to take a 0 at the QB position and tank for waiver priority this week. I'm sure this decision will come back to bite me in the ass later but I feel it's worth it right now.
? I dunno how it'll help you're pretty locked into your spot *sees games and spot*

OH ...

dammit :(

Cloudy

Banned
Not sure why anyone would want to trade Peyton right now. He is arguably the best QB but there's no doubt he has the best receivers

UberTag

Not sure why anyone would want to trade Peyton right now. He is arguably the best QB but there's no doubt he has the best receivers
If I can get multiple players with value for "arguably the best QB" in the league with "no doubt the best receivers", I will gladly make such a deal.

Perhaps you should package that QB you traded a kicker for with a couple players and see if I bite.

Cloudy

Banned
Nah, I'll probably keep Rivers on the bench next week tho lol

ps: What the hell, I'll send an offer including Ben

rinker

oof
RmWJHUc.png

UberTag

Whoot... benching Peyton leapfrogged me ahead of my arch-nemesis Dinner Out, The Hibachi Grill and Redbull Express GAF in waiver priority. Had the Raiders trusted more in Seabass's trusty leg, I'd have potentially bypassed SirGarbagemen as well.

If I lose out on the playoffs because of a 25.51 point differential or less, you can all point to this week and laugh at me. I'll deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom