• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Eye of Judgment - The Official Thread

Remy

Thanks to everyone who linked to videos, it's great to see the game in action.

I preordered off Amazon with four extra boosters. Can't wait till next week.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Madman said:
So any idea why TTP was banned?

He made a "Gabe Newell is fat" joke in the form of a pic.

BEFORE the mods made the rule that any GN fat jokes=bannage.

Stupid, but what can ya do.

spwolf

chubigans said:
He made a "Gabe Newell is fat" joke in the form of a pic.

BEFORE the mods made the rule that any GN fat jokes=bannage.

Stupid, but what can ya do.

us europeans are kind of not sensitive on shit like that - you can make jokes all you want (hairy women in france helloooo!), so I think its a bit of culture difference too.

Wollan

Gamespot Review is up:

The Good:
(Achievements: Innovative, Outstanding Visual Design, Unique)
-Unique use of PlayStation Eye creates an interesting mix of real card battling and onscreen action
-Solid mechanics are easy to pick up but subtle enough to keep you coming back for more
-Dramatic visuals and sound.

The Bad
-If you don't have a buddy to sit down and play with, the hardware can be more trouble than it's worth
-No single-player campaign.

Link

From Official site:

EOJ1.jpg

EOJ2.jpg

EOJ3.jpg

EOJ4.jpg

About Playstation Eye:

The next generation camera made specifically for the Playstation 3. Playstation Eye.

Stay connected with your family and friends using video chat on the Playstation 3. The Playstation Eye has a fast frame rate for pristine video quality and contains a built in four microphone array. Chat with up yo six people at one time and even share photos while you are chatting. The Playstation Eye is engineered to perform well in low-light conditions and includes a zoom lens for close-up and full body options.

Technical Specifications:

Audio Features:
- Omni-directional four microphone linear array
- 4 channel ADC IC chip
- 16 bit at SNR 90db, up to 48Hz audio sampling rate

Video Features:
- 56 or 75 degrees field of view zoom lens
- Fixed-focus, 1ft to infinity (manual adjustment not required)
- 640x480 at 60fps
- 320x240 at 120fps
- 8 bit or 10 bit dynamic range
- USB 2.0 high-speed transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression

Wollan

Unlike normal card games though these ones have correspoding 3D representations that are fully animated and voiced. I'm guessing there's a ton of man hours that have gone into these. A fully fledged FF game doesn't have have much more.

Ferrio

Banned
Wollan said:
Unlike normal card games though these ones have correspoding 3D representations that are fully animated and voiced.

True, but gameplay sounds like it'll be a lot more limited. Have they said how often they're going to release new cards?

Ten-Song

Damn my current lack of spendable money for games... I'm so torn as to getting Guitar Hero III or this... I used to be a huge trading card game nut, so the idea of a physical card game that can still be played online is like geek heaven to me.

Wollan

If I remember correctly there's going to be a new set released in 4-6 months after this initial release. I'm guessing we will see something in March-May period.

Loudninja

GameSpot 10/19/2007 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
IGN 10/12/2007 8 out of 10 80.0%
GameZone 10/16/2007 8.3 out of 10 83.0%
Game Revolution 10/15/2007 B- 75.0%

Really 7 and 6 scores means its a good game.This game could have flop

carlos

the lack of single player campaign is disturbing....I HOPE finding people to play with online is easy, since the ps3 online situation can get a bit desolate :/

Pharmacy

Banned
carlos said:
the lack of single player campaign is disturbing....I HOPE finding people to play with online is easy, since the ps3 online situation can get a bit desolate :/

I can imagine this being a big seller all over the place, dunno why, I just have this feeling

carlos

I hope it becomes a big seller, I'm just worried about how many people will still be playing a couple of weeks after release (with all the competition from the other xmas releases). For that same reason, I'm wary of picking up rock band....

And cheating could be a big letdown;supposedly printing out the cards from the web will still let them be recognized.
I imagine the best players will only be so because they have all of the cards (illegitimately) at their disposal.

lets wish for the best ;)

Wollan

I doubt it will sell much at all initially but.. it will sell across a long period of time. A game without a bang release but with marathon legs. And the main revenue stream will be all the cards they release over time for people to purchase (probably a new batch each six months or so). It won't just be located in your usual game store but will be featured promply in all the tabletop..etc special stores.

derder

carlos said:
I hope it becomes a big seller, I'm just worried about how many people will still be playing a couple of weeks after release (with all the competition from the other xmas releases). For that same reason, I'm wary of picking up rock band....

And cheating could be a big letdown;supposedly printing out the cards from the web will still let them be recognized.
I imagine the best players will only be so because they have all of the cards (illegitimately) at their disposal.

I'm probably going to print out the cards instead of buying them. The game has certain deckbuilding rules, its not that bad...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
But they said there will be a copy protection, did I miss something?

Xisiqomelir

Wollan said:
Gamespot Review is up:

The Good:
(Achievements: Innovative, Outstanding Visual Design, Unique)
-Unique use of PlayStation Eye creates an interesting mix of real card battling and onscreen action
-Solid mechanics are easy to pick up but subtle enough to keep you coming back for more
-Dramatic visuals and sound.

The Bad
-If you don't have a buddy to sit down and play with, the hardware can be more trouble than it's worth
-No single-player campaign.

Link

Honestly that's an idiotic docking. Is there ANY CCG with single-player?

Wollan said:
The game is obviously geared for tournament and competitive play.

Hmm i wont be playing with friends my friends arent down with card games infact im not sure i am never really played one. As long as you can play the ai then im fine and then i can take it online.

So now that we know what's in the theme decks, which do you think is the better one? I was pleasantly surprised to know they include ultra rares (which may be very hard to get from boosters) so I think I'll be picking at least one of those up. Now the question is which one.

Dazzyman

Hi guys I will be up for playing this when its released in UK on Friday (Dazzyman gamertag)

Couple of questions though as Im new to cardbattles...

I want to create a half descent deck so is it better to buy themed decks ie one of each or the booster packs?

supermackem said:
Hmm i wont be playing with friends my friends arent down with card games infact im not sure i am never really played one. As long as you can play the ai then im fine and then i can take it online.

Single player is my main concern about the game, I don´t care about story mode, but come on, the only battle mode for 1 player is quick match, why they don´t put a single player tournament against de AI.

Wollan

I can see the criticism for that. They could have done something relatively simple in that you played through a tournament in name of one of the five factions with ending movies for each of them to unlock.

Anyways, luckily the online/tournament is rock solid. Download top players replays, ranking ladders, kingdom alignments, worldwide play, choose to play against expertest, normal folks, training..etc..etc.

spwolf

carlos said:

CCG's are played forever, this is not n FPS that simply goes away... they have small but dedicated communities.

tehbear

Ferrio said:
Those the only cards available? That's kinda depressing if so.

Also decks are smaller (30 cards), and field is much more limited. You aren't playing swarm decks in this game I guess! :lol

As for strategic variance, field placement already gives this a huge dimension of strategy beyond the norm (even more than other more limited field games like Lycee). As Wollan said, if it does sell decently you can expect the typical TCG milking process of too many expansions too fast, but I doubt we'll see them that fast since they'd have to do CG for it.

I might hop on the EoJ train, but I won't hold out hope this is popular enough that Wizard actually pumps out many expansion sets.

I might hop on the EoJ train, but I won't hold out hope this is popular enough that Wizard actually pumps out many expansion sets.

There's at least one coming 6 months from now though, which I feel is the right amount of time to wait for an expansion. I hate the every 3 month expansion, 'cause it's very hard
and fucking expensive
to keep up with the game, but every 9 months the game starts getting stale, so I think 6 months is about perfect.

But let's get back to the theme decks people. Do we know what the ultra rares in each do? If anyone could provide some linkage it'd be awesome, since I need to figure out which one I'm gonna get.

White Cubic has an ability that lets you play any other monster for no cost. Of course, anyone with a brain is going to kill the Cubic asap...

Captain N

If anyone wants to play against me on day one feel free to add me. Captain_N

I think I'll be picking up some booster packs on day 1 as well.

Belfast

Ferrio said:
Those the only cards available? That's kinda depressing if so.

Smaller expansions seem to be par for the course with CCGs these days. Gone are the days of Magic sets regularly featuring 3-400 cards!

Captain N

Belfast said:
Smaller expansions seem to be par for the course with CCGs these days. Gone are the days of Magic sets regularly featuring 3-400 cards!

isn't Wizards of the coast helping with the cards? I'd love to see them bring out more cards in the future and hopefully it'll be sometime after the new year.

nasero

AranhaHunter said:
I'm kinda dissapointed with the reviews so far....

I wouldn't be, but I'm ignoring all reviews on it because the standard review system doesn't really work for this type of game.

Top Bottom