• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Psychonauts section coming on the Doublefine website

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fully in support of a Wii version - anything that will get people to play this game.

I try to talk it up to people and you can only scream into the wilderness for so long before you just look like a crazy hobo.

I was lttp on Psychonauts when it was BC on 360 - but I'm a huge fan.

3rdman

Opus Angelorum said:
Looks like plain old Psychonauts to me:

omgwtfbbqinmytits.jpg
Don't you mean, "Looks like awesome Psychonauts to me"? Hmmmm???

3rdman

El_TigroX said:
I'm fully in support of a Wii version - anything that will get people to play this game.

I try to talk it up to people and you can only scream into the wilderness for so long before you just look like a crazy hobo.

I can't begin to tell you how many friends I've tried to turn onto this game and I always get this kind of glazed over look...kinda like when you tell you friends that you like running around naked in your house covered in mayonnaise.

jts

...hate me...
This is one game i couldn't play because of the character design, just so awful, and the same for the boxart/logo. They can bring it to any platform they want, i won't touch it.

E-phonk

Banned
mio said:
This is one game i couldn't play because of the character design, just so awful, and the same for the boxart/logo. They can bring it to any platform they want, i won't touch it.
(neutral) mio
...hate me...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hopefully if its a sequel, the game focuses more on linear platforming levels and less on collectathon aspects and the large hub world. Yeah, I know it's supposed to be more of an evolution of the point 'n click genre that Tim Schafer got his name in making, but those aspects kept me from enjoying Psychonauts as much as I should have.

El_TigroX said:

The game was AWESOME without waggle. The game doesn't even need waggle. Why would they add it in, it won't enhance the experience.

TreIII

snack said:
The game was AWESOME without waggle. The game doesn't even need waggle. Why would they add it in, it won't enhance the experience.

For the sake of people who may want to see it in for a Wii version.

I could care less, as long as there is a "standard" control scheme, as well.

_PsiFire_

TreIII said:
For the sake of people who may want to see it in for a Wii version.

I could care less, as long as there is a "standard" control scheme, as well.
Hopefully, if it IS a Wii version, it sells well so Wii gets a sequel.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
you know, if it was just a website update someone from their company would probably happily quell any of these rumors in response to a kindly written e-mail. i have to imagine that any media outlets who've caught wind of it--kotaku and 1up, at least, as they seem to read the boards as much as i do--have probably sent out a request for some info. if it's bullshit and there's nothing to it, we should hear something prontosaurus

Krowley

The only problem I had with this game was the last level.. It was horrificly bad and almost sunk the game entirley, but in the end, it was definitly worth playing. Very creative platformer, and every level was almost like playing a different game.

I think a wii port would be a good idea, if only to get the game into more homes, but I wouldn't be interested unless they added a lot of content. I doubt if this will be a sequel, just because of the timing.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
P.S. this is on so many blogs, websites and forums, I will laugh when it merely means that the Psychonauts page is not ready yet, and there is no new game.

I will then cry.

Joe Molotov

McBacon said:
P.S. this is on so many blogs, websites and forums, I will laugh when it merely means that the Psychonauts page is not ready yet, and there is no new game.

I will then cry.

Sadly, that's almost certainly what it is. So you might as well start laughing now. :(

LM4sure

Banned
Hope it's a sequel. I loved the first one. It was one of the funniest gaming experiences I've ever had. And the gameplay was a lot of fun too!

Birbo

McBacon said:
grim.jpg

I'm embarrassed to admit its on my pile of shame. It's at the very top though.

It's in my vast pile of awesome games I haven't played for more than a few scant hours as well. I read threads like this and the Beyond Good & Evil appreciation thread (also in my pile) and think, man, I gotta play that! Sadly, I'm a new game whore and am easily distracted by shiny new goodness.

Xav

8fe1240.jpg

It's brighter now on the official website, looks like it's just going to be a Wii port since there are no hints that it will be a sequel. I played about half way through the game on the PS2 and I must say I thought the game was painfully average. Maybe I should of played the Xbox version which is better.

adg1034

Bad news, guys- the naysayers were right:

Subject: Re: Dear grumpy, unpaid intern...

Body: There will soon be a new products page dedicated to the Excellent Game Psychonauts.

That it all. Sorry about the confusion. But thanks for asking!

-Info Cow

33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif
33f5hcw.gif

EDIT: But wait, there's more!

Dear Info Cow,

Thank you for the quick reply. While I am suitably devastated by the lack of new Psychonauts, perhaps those employees working on the new project page will be inspired to revisit that universe sometime in the future.

Ever looking towards the future,

Puzzled in St. Paul

Oh, they are inspired. Just not funded to do so. :)

-ic

madara

Cripes not even a wii port. I would gladly buy fairly thought out wii version of this, Beyond Good and Evil and Skies of Arcadia. Get busy folks!

TJ Spyke

Chris Remo said:
Haha, just got a response from Tim Schafer:

"Jesus.
Don't they read my faq page?"

For the lazy:

Are you guys making a sequel to Psychonauts?

Not right now, but we’d love to someday. If anyone out there has a few million dollars burning a hole in their pocket, and would like to help us make an Excellent Sequel to Psychonauts, please let us know!

So if anybody has some influence at a publisher, tell them to take a chance.

Rolf NB

mio said:
You are broken on the inside.
That being said, I do think the character design, as fitting as it is for the game, definitely hurts the appeal/first impression. With people who are broken on the inside.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'd be willing to give the game another shot on the PSP if they did it right. Get a nice control adaptation, clean up the animations, keep a steady framerate, etc

Top Bottom