• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me pick a PS5 game.....Psychonauts 2 or Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I never got around to playing Psychonauts 2 when it first came out and i am considering that one as it looks like a fun platformer. Also i'm thinking maybe the new Like A Dragon game as i like the japanese whackiness of these titles and the fighting stuff. I also like platinuming games that aren't too tedious in that department.

Out of the two, which would you recommend? Thanks!!

tommycronin

Banned
Psychonauts 2 is so much more than a fun platformer. I've only played P2 and have yet to play Gaiden but P2 is well worth your time. Its probably the best platformer plus so much more I've ever played.

Last edited:

acidagfc

Have you played any Yakuza games before? This latest one is sort of a closing chapter for the main character of the series, you would not get much out of it, if you are out of loop.
Get Like A Dragon (the naming is confusing, this one -https://store.steampowered.com/app/1235140/Yakuza_Like_a_Dragon/) instead, it has a new set of characters and does not require prior knowlegde. Plus it should be really cheap now with all the sales around.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
What a weird choice to pick from..uhh

Well, either you've got the itch for a drawn out soap opera beat em up RPG

Or you'd rather collect a bunch of collectathony bullshit in a wacky universe that doesnt mind dipping its toes into the usual pandering

Psychonauts 2 is also the easier Platinum

TheAssist

I am massively enjoying Like a Dragon Gaiden right now. But I fell off of P2. Its a great game, but the artstyle just isnt for me. Walking through Osaka is just one of those magical video game things. Even though I have visited this place so many time in the other games, it still feels, looks and sounds amazing. Plus a great story, great characters and addicting gameplay loop as always.

Both are on gamepass, so if you like both and you have the time and dont already have it, might be worth it to play these two games on it.

Probably unpopular opinion, but I was so happy to be able to play Psychonauts 2 when I bought my Series X, but I ended up really disliking it.

I played 4-5 hours and was so damn bored of everything, I just couldn't continue.
yep. played & finished it, but (& despite who was involved in making it) psychonauts 2 was just a pale, 'domesticated' imitation of psychonauts (another one of those genuinely ingenious games that never needed a sequel)...

Last edited:

Skifi28

Yakuza is great, but there's a dozen other Yakuza games you can get for cheaper I would recommend more than this. Psychonauts 2 on the other hand is very unique.

Top Bottom