• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: 1up/EGM Info (3d graphics, 2d game)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sorry, did I miss something? I thought it was just Ryu, Ken, Dhalsim, and Chun-Li returning. Sakura is too?

The more new faces and less returning characters, the better. These characters have been in far too many games already.

haunts said:
no, i never played it. i heard it was fun though.

:lol

Dude, remember when I beat you and that Jun guy in 3s with Elena? How did that ever happen? :lol

Zapages

All I know is that I could own people in Capcom vs SNK 2... :) That's my game to rule... Hopefully it plays like that with its ability to chose fighting patterns and then create your own. Now that was fun.

Lyte Edge

Zapages said:
All I know is that I could own people in Capcom vs SNK 2... :) That's my game to rule... Hopefully it plays like that with its ability to chose fighting patterns and then create your own. Now that was fun.

So you want roll cancelling? :/

JRPereira

Made an avatar out of that smushed-looking makoto:

Feel free to use.

sf3_makoto_smush.gif

Zapages

Lyte Edge said:
I want it to be more like the Alpha games or like SSF2T.

It doesn't matter to me that much... As all SF series are unique and you kind of have to adjust to their different type of gameplay. Like SF 3 has it own style, SF Alpha/Zero has its own and SFII/SSF2/SSF2T have their own styles.

MisterHero

jett said:
The animation certainly shits on any other 2D game.
The incredible quality of SFIII can be exceeded, but it's not like 2D games aren't any cheaper to make than they used to be. Otherwise more companies would've tried I'd think. :p

Yoboman

Lyte Edge said:
Sorry, did I miss something? I thought it was just Ryu, Ken, Dhalsim, and Chun-Li returning. Sakura is too?

The more new faces and less returning characters, the better. These characters have been in far too many games already.

:lol

Dude, remember when I beat you and that Jun guy in 3s with Elena? How did that ever happen? :lol
Ono said to expect many familiar faces. You should read the EGM article if you can

After reading the complete article it's definately coming to Wii. The producer said that he wants to release it on as many systems as possible and said he's even considering a ps2 and freakin ds port for crying out loud lol.

qcf x2

camineet said:
just read the entire EGM article. while I am not 100% satisfied with the visual look so far, it could be much worse. it seems to me that SF4 is going to be a 2009 game, not 2008.

what really pleases me is that SF4 is going to be more like Street Fighter II, re-imagined.
I'm glad they're going to include as many of the SFII cast as possible, and have SFII background re-imagined, even if not exactly how they were in SFII, just the fact they're doing this is awesome.

it seems to me that SF4 is going to be the REAL SF3, because SF3 didn't seem worthy at all, as far as characters, style, backgrounds, music, etc. even though SF3 was an exellent 2D game, it wasn't SF to me.

may SF4 long road of development ahead be paved smoothly.

Why would you play SF3 hoping it was like SF2? Why wouldn't you just play SF2? A new game is supposed to play like a new game. Fuck this SF2 reimagined shit. Call it SF2 Reimagined Retro Fanservice Edition if you are gonna do that, not SFIV.

Lyte Edge

haunts said:
i remember nothing of sort. :lol

Oh, I see...so THAT'S how it is! :lol It was right around the time Tekken 5 came out on PS2. I was at your place and we played that and Third Strike with some people, and I ended up beating you both with Elena...SOMEHOW! :lol

Skilletor said:
You're right. It only pisses on that.

Yeah. Look, I love SNK games. LOVE THEM. But as good as the animation in games like Art of Fighting 3, Last Blade 1 and 2, and Garou MOTW are, SF3 is still better. Garou is more technically impressive given the hardware it's on though.

Yoboman said:
Ono said to expect many familiar faces. You should read the EGM article if you can

I live in Japan...can't go and pick up an issue where I am, unfortunately.

Did they say anything about the character count? Having say, 10 old characters returning and 10 new ones would be cool.

camineet

Banned
qcf x2 said:
Why would you play SF3 hoping it was like SF2? Why wouldn't you just play SF2? A new game is supposed to play like a new game. Fuck this SF2 reimagined shit. Call it SF2 Reimagined Retro Fanservice Edition if you are gonna do that, not SFIV.

SF3 wasn't supposed to be SF2, that's not what I am saying. it's just that SF3 was so far removed from SF2, i couldn't like it as much. on its own the SF3 games are amazingly good, technically. but they didnt capture the world like SF2 did. SF3 should've done that.

I am sorry if you don't like the idea of SF4 being SF2 re-imagined. I always wanted that, and was almost sure it would never happen, but, it is, at least to some extent, happening. now if you don't like that idea, you're gonna just hate it. fine. but for those of us that wanted a new SF that pays homage to SF2, SF4 is starting off in that direction as far as characters and backgrounds.

please let Guile be there with a re-imagined airbase with F-16s, please oh please

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
just hope it won't be too similar in actual gameplay mechanics, although I see that as being unlikely.

ShinAmano

Speaking of Thrird Strike...anyone care to go a few rounds this weekend? My GT is my name...

Also where do you pick up the sweet annimations for the SF characters without the BGs? I have built a SF site that i have never got around to hosting...everything from bios - moves- art...one of these days...

Looks like they might be flipping the animations for characters facing left, as Ryu and Ken's feet and torsos tend to be both pointing towards the screen in most of the shots. In other words, a right handed punch would become a left handed punch when facing the opposite direction. This should help with the 2d mechanics issues if that's what they're doing.

le.phat

its a shame that another sprite based series has given in. that said, is probably the best effort of 2D-to-3D so far. the new style looks very expressive and energetic. oh, and lets not forget fucking awesome.

rager

Banned
I for one like the direction SFIV is going. I have been playing SF games since the beginning, probably before some of you were even born. And I enjoyed SF3 even though there were some aspects of it that I did not like and are glad they will not be in SFIV (air fireballs and parries, if you like em good for you).

My favorites have been the SF2 and SFA series, I love the chess game style of play instead of the over the top crazy combos, I hope they don't go overboard with that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Color me stunned, I wish those were the leaked pics.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
LEAVE IT ALONE LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!

DO NOT TOUCH YOU PHOTOSHOP GAF

DONT DO IT

NOOOOO!!!!!
Ok. I love it the way it is anyway.

ShinAmano said:
Speaking of Thrird Strike...anyone care to go a few rounds this weekend? My GT is my name...
Sure, you'll get quite few free wins from me though lol.

The other day I played a guy with the gamertag Atari26O0. On three occasions he kept disconnecting right before losing. I mean, he was a terrible player anyway, what with me of all people obliterating him with the likes of Sean, Remy, Ibuki etc, but still, what an ass.

This was my first bad experience with 3S online since I got it. It sucks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Something about those new screens just seems "off". The more I see, the more weird the game looks. Why couldn't they just show the damn game the way you would play it? =(

ShinAmano

_dementia said:
Sure, you'll get quite few free wins from me though lol.

The other day I played a guy with the gamertag Atari26O0. On three occasions he kept disconnecting right before losing. I mean, he was a terrible player anyway, what with me of all people obliterating him with the likes of Sean, Remy, Ibuki etc, but still, what an ass.

This was my first bad experience with 3S online since I got it. It sucks.
Don't worry I have never quit a game before...and you are in luck i have not played in months so i am sure i am rusty ;)

Aeris130

8b4lmp4.gif

Looks pretty good otherwise.

There's still time left before the release there's still time left before the release there's still time left before the release

Top Bottom