• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon PS4 12 hour discussion stream

Did Gies seriously

SERIOUSLY

just say that he doesn't need to update the Killzone review to account for MP because he EXPERIMENTED with it?

Don't sweat it. Gies is one of the guys who scored Halo 4 a 9.5. That was basically the last time I read one of his reviews.

Victrix

*beard*
I have never had a group of people turn me off from watching them faster than a political talk show

So uh, congrats to polygon I guess

VanWinkle

Chris Plante is such a moron. Why is everything a joke to him? Does he not realize his job is games, not to make fun of everything relating to them?

Replicant

but for people who take their work and integrity seriously this sort of accusation is deeply offensive.

iLZqQllWvgBJx.gif

At Polygon? There's no such thing.

BeerSnob

The disparity between their professional-looking website and their actual immature demeanor is most amusing.

Especially when they broach the topic of professionalism in journalism and how they would never be taken in by favoritism or bribery. Then they allude to the fact that they can't vouch for the rest of the industry.

Nzyme32

A quote from this stream: "I can now finally say that I thought the ps3 triggers were rubbish". As if that wasn't possible to say for how many years. And that's the last time I ever use polygon for anything

BBboy20

It is depressing I want to watch these other streams while my need to hear this stupid shit Polygon is saying is more important.

SpeedNut

This is my first experience with Polygon, and well, um, I don't know. We got the weekend bender aftermath child of Gilbert Godfried, some guy who's all about talking up Eneloop batteries, some video editor, and facepalm guy for the roundtable.

Not sure I'd watch again. Maybe just that video guy, but whenever he moves on to another site.

4/10.

Serick

Married Member
Why is it that every time any of them try to present a positive of the system Gies feels the need to chime in and downplay it?

LifEndz

Still can't believe they gave the system a 7.5 I mean...the system? Based...what are they....I just don't even know.

WeeBey

Neo Member
Surely a website that claims to be impartial and objective, that reviews multiple games across multiple consoles should be casstratrated when they show clear as day signs of bias. Whatever the cause of said bias is irrelevant, be it money, or preference or anything in between. The moment you stop doing your job properly as a reviewer, i don't see what purpose they have being included in anything from metacritic scores, review discussions or, as people have requested...GAF itself.

I don't know if reviews can be objective in every respect. A lot of the disagreement I read on neogaf is on subjective matters. I'm not saying they never make mistakes but banning them for those mistakes seems harsh.

Gaz_RB

lol classic sony to undercut the competition??

Did the PS3 not happen? The vita?

man I only lasted like 5 minutes on this stream, fuck these dudes.

H2Yo

So I have an Ouya and don't like it much, Polygon gave it a 5/10.
I was interested in getting a PS4, but they gave it a 7.5, only 2.5 points higher than an Ouya. Should I forget about it?

Jeff-DSA

Polygon accusing of Sony getting a camera because Microsoft has one. They do know that Sony had a camera well before Kinect was a thing, right? The EyeToy was way before Kinect.

nib95

Banned
Did Gies seriously

SERIOUSLY

just say that he doesn't need to update the Killzone review to account for MP because he EXPERIMENTED with it?

The guy is an idiot. Gaming journalism ladies and gentleman. The vast majority of the journo's that have reviewed Shadow Fall have barely spent any time with the game's mutliplayer, which is arguably it's bread and butter. What an absolute joke.

WeeBey

Neo Member
So I have an Ouya and don't like it much, Polygon gave it a 5/10.
I was interested in getting a PS4, but they gave it a 7.5, only 2.5 points higher than an Ouya. Should I forget about it?

I know, sarcasm. But maybe read the reviews.

Mr. F

Banned
Polygon boggles my mind. Half the site is made up of personalities like Chris Plante, Russ Frushtick and the McElroys who actually seem to have a semblance of enthusiasm for their jobs, and the other half is Gies, Chris Grant, etc. who are so deadpan and cynical it makes anything they do or say kind of insufferable.

The site's editorial voice feels at odds with itself, reminds me of the PS4 unveiling stream where it was unbearably self-serious and pretentious until Justin showed up.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Please stop giving these clowns clicks.

Geis and crew running damage control for ea pr during sim city was enough to make it a banned site IMO.

So glad to see what many people think about the personalities of Polygon. The only thing redeemable is their reporting/just text arm of their site.

Seriously, Arthur is negative personality. I think the only time I have seen him smile is when he makes a sarcastic joke that only he understands.

Polygon accusing of Sony getting a camera because Microsoft has one. They do know that Sony had a camera well before Kinect was a thing, right? The EyeToy was way before Kinect.

Jesus Christ. Polygon needs to be banned. The amount of shit those twits have spewed today from the Killzone review, to saying IW is lying about lighting differences, to behavior and dumb as fuck statements made while streaming should be more than enough garbage from then to come to a decision.

VanWinkle

EVERYBODY DOES HAVE VOICE COMMANDS! It works through headset.

And they keep saying how the camera will never be bought because it isn't included. They pretend Kinect didn't have this same problem, and not only that, but the thing was released FOUR YEARS after the system! I'm not saying EVERYBODY is going to have a PS Camera, and I think Sony should have done WAY more with UI navigation, but the thing is half the price Kinect was and coming at launch day.

H2Yo

Don't get me wrong, If Giantbomb makes a marathon stream about Xbox one or Ps4. I would watch it in a heartbeat.

I remember when Giant Bomb changed their site layout, Arthur tweeted to Ryan saying something like "Welcome to the future" or something like that and Ryan responded "Dude, we had this design locked in before Polygon was even a pile of cash". Made me laugh.

Legitimate question, what does it take for a website to get banned on NeoGAF? I see people suggesting other websites have been banned for far less but I've never been around to see the demise of one.

Top Bottom