• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: A space related game might be revealed at the PS4 Spike TV event tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keihart

omega_boost_front.jpg

Omega Boost 2 please.

Have polyphony step outside their comfort zone again

I came here to post that.

That would be so awesome, and since Kojima doesn't seem to care for more ZOE this would be perfect.

Concept17

The only way Naughty Dog could disappoint me is if they started making a new Crash game. It's one of those games that was great for its time, but no one would care today.

aeroslash

Wasn't Naughty Dog teasing something about being on the NASA or something like that a few weeks ago? I don't know which game can be, but maybe they are the developers..

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Santa Monica has been working on a Sci-fi multiplayer game for a while. God of War Ascension's in-game secret teaser said "When the earth stops, the journey begins."

Could be a massively multiplayer Colony Wars. Space battles that seamlessly transition to planet surface battles, like what everyone wanted Starhawk to be. Santa Monica has experience with MP now thanks to Ascension, and they know how to do scale with characters running around on huge interactive bodies.

(Don't know if CW counts as one of their most popular franchises, but people just say that kind of shit without justification sometimes.)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Okay.

First of all, there is no reference to it being an 'old' franchise.

Here's the transcript:

Kevin: Ooh. I know a spoiler

Emily: I heard something was happening Thursday

Kevin: I got a little inside secret

Kevin: About a certain franchise that Sony has

Emily: Is this going to be announced on Thursday because I heard a thing that might be announced Thursday

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony’s favourite franchises?

Emily: Hmm-hmm.

Kevin: Is this an area we have charted before in our discussion?

Emily: <laughs> <claps>

Brian: Are we talking about ‘Bandipoop’?

Kevin: Yep! That’s what we’re talking about.

Kevin/Emily: <Laughs>

Kevin: You’ve heard about it?

Emily: I actually ran into a guy on the street last night who was talking to me about it but that was the first I’d heard of it was this random guy on the street.

Kevin: I think I can reveal...I’m trying to remember what I can say...because once this kitten lept out of the bag, once the jack in the box popped out - ‘oh I can’t wait to talk about that’. But now I don’t know if I can.

Emily: You’re really giving everyone blue balls right now.

Kevin: Yeah...umm...some people were talking about space. Space, I’m gonna say that. Did you like Gravity? I love space. That’s all I need to say on that one.

So...I guess, Naughty Dog's space game? Uncharted goes to space?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
A bunch of guesses in this topic, but the only Sony titles that come to mind that involve space, and really involve space, is Colony Wars and Omega Boost. And I would be pretty darn happy with either.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The best thing about this thread is that I would be satisfied with any one of these single possibilities. Even fucking Jumping Flash.

Derrick01

Banned
3 games by Psygnosis from 97 to 2000. All good. No idea how one could have missed those.

People saying Crash are already wrong. Has nothing to do with space and isn't exclusive to Sony.

Yeah I don't know either if it was as big a deal as people in this thread are making me think it was. Given how into gaming I've been for over 20 years now I've at least heard of most somewhat known to well known IPs but even though I had an OPM subscription around the time you listed I never heard of it. No one I knew heard of it either or else I would have too.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Pretty sure its Colony Wars, but the fanboy in me is wishing for a new Warhawk.

frayne182

Banned
I have a feeling many of the games mentioned wouldn't hold up in todays standards. Lets be honest. Who would actually buy Parappa and Crash?

Both would be games I'd most likely skip unless they are cheaper downloadable games. Full price forget it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oh, and I think the title should be changed to reflect 228 ... they don't talk about it being an old franchise at all, it seems to heavily point at Naughty Dog and 'a favourite franchise' and space.

sn00zer

Well looking at all of the Sonyy OWNED space games, none would make a huge splash if they cme back...there is one ASSOCIATED with Sony though....let the hype train begin.....
Zone_of_the_enders_2nd_runner.jpg

zoe_2nd_runner_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom