• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Ilúvatar

Something interesting to note: Flower PS3 and Flower PS4 are counted as two games as far as trophies go for some reason. Does this happen to other games that are one PS3/PS4 (i.e. Black Flag)?

Swishh

Banned
I just want to say im fed up with Sony. I bought a ps4 over the xbone for longevity , and because a lot of my friends will eventually get one.

However, Sony has been pathetic with their ps4 exclusives. They only had frickin killzone and knack.....thats it. Both games are mediocre as per metacriric ratings.

For the next year, all we will have is infamous (never been a fan) , drive club (which i think was ready for launch but purposely delayed until 2014 to make sony's next year line up feel loaded, which its not) , (not even ps4 exclusive and not a baseball fan) , and the order, which is a new ip that we've seen so little of.

This is why the jokes of sony having no games are valid.

Xbox has a HUGE console exclusive in titanfall, halo 5, project spark, sunset overdrive, and more for 2014.

Before you say 'sony is holding back their cards' thats just BS to me at this point. At one point i believed it, but not anymore.

Where the hell are the games Sony? 2014 is looking like crap for sony exclusives, and that pisses me off.

I believe xbone is the better choice for games in the short.term, and and sony in the long term, but many gamers arent patient.

TLG and agent were announced 4 years ago.

Derrick01

Banned
I just want to say im fed up with Sony. I bought a ps4 over the xbone for longevity , and because a lot of my friends will eventually get one.

However, Sony has been pathetic with their ps4 exclusives. They only had frickin killzone and knack.....thats it. Both games are mediocre as per metacriric ratings.

For the next year, all we will have is infamous (never been a fan) , drive club (which i think was ready for launch but purposely delayed until 2014 to make sony's next year line up feel loaded, which its not) , (not even ps4 exclusive and not a baseball fan) , and the order, which is a new ip that we've seen so little of.

Xbox has a HUGE console exclusive in titanfall, halo 5, project spark, sunset overdrive, and more for 2014.

Before you say 'sony is holding back their cards' thats just BS to me at this point. At one point i believed it, but not anymore.

Where the hell are the games Sony? 2014 is looking like crap for sony exclusives, and that pisses me off.

I believe xbone is the better choice for games in the short.term, and and sony in the long term, but many gamers arent patient.

I'm not interested in any of those xbox exclusives, so I guess that has no games either.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm not interested in any of those xbox exclusives, so I guess that has no games either.

Same. Xbone has no games, spread the word!

edit: And lol at Driveclub being ready for launch. The short clips they've been releasing look way better than what they had previously shown before the delay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Wow.

Seriously though, Sony will have plenty of games next year. They announced a similar number to MS at E3, the difference is that MS basically revealed everything while Sony can drip stuff out. I understand it can be frustrating, but I still have confidence that it'll get great support from Sony first party titles - look at PS3 as an example

Andvary

I don't know if you're serious, first of all the console is not even out in Europe, of course they are going to wait to announce more games when is the right time. Second, have you compared the amount of exclusive games from Sony vs Microsoft the last 3 years? There's no contest.

KORNdoggy

Sell your PS4, buy an Xbone. Stop whinging.

There's your solution. If you prefer the xbone games, buy it and get rid of the console you're SOOOOO disappointed with.

I've really never understood these sort of complaints.

i do think its unfair how its ok to wait for games on the PS4 but on the Xbox one its "we dont know yet"

if i had that mentality i woulda never touched the xbox 360 because i never owned the OG Xbox and wasnt interested in much of its games back then.

Swishh

Banned
I don't know if you're serious, first of all the console is not even out in Europe, of course they are going to wait to announce more games when is the right time. Second, have you compared the amount of exclusive games from Sony vs Microsoft the last 3 years? There's no contest.
The last 3 years of the console's life span...

As i said, xbone seems to have better games in the shoet term, and ps4 in the long term. A repeat of last gen.

So buy a Xbone?

Odrion

Banned

Hey, hey buddy. I'm guessing you're forgetting about all those console debut indie games. And don't you want to play the next game by The China Room or Tequila Works?

Jigolo

god damn this reminds me of PS3s launch. this post made me laugh

dude, just because you're not a fan of infamous, driveclub, or mlb the show doesn't mean they don't count as "HUGE exlcusives".

Here are a list of games right off the bat that I can consider huge PS4 exlcusives coming next year for PS4.

SS, #DC, MLB, Uncharted 4, The order 1886. That already surpasses the 4 xbone exclusives you mentioned.

So if you elaborate on the "and more" part for exclusive xbone games, I'd be happy to hear about them.

Pranay

I love how easily dismissed ps4 games and praise Xbox one games.

Halo 5 ? Remember how Gallo 4 was ?
Sunset overdrive - insomnia who are not releasing that many good game these days.
What about games like uncharted , rime, etc and exclusive indie games which are only on,ps4

As i said, xbone seems to have better games in the shoet term, and ps4 in the long term. A repeat of last gen.

Depends on what you like. I am 100000 times more interested in Infamous SS and Driveclub than Titanfall, all of which are "short term" releases.

bigol

well,in the meanwhile every multiplatform game will run and look better than xbox one
so to me ps4 is more interesting than xbox one

Salex_

It's weird that you dismissed all of the PS4 exclusives and didn't even mention Uncharted. You name dropped Titanfall but ignored Everquest Next, Planetside 2, FF14, War Thunder, and any other "console exclusive"? The Order, MLB The Show, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, and whatever Sony announces at VGX will most likely be 2014 as well. I'm fine with the exclusives and it sounds like you just want an Xbox One.

Samyy

Then sell your Playstation 4 now and buy one later
Whats the issue, you don't like their output doesn't mean other people do.
Sounds like you made a mistake for whats right for you.

S¡mon

Banned

I agree: the list of PlayStation-exclusive content is pathethic. Fix it Sony.

Oh, wait...

List of first party PS4 exclusives
  • DriveClub
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • The Order: 1886
  • Resogun
  • Rime
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Uncharted (PS4)
List of 3rd party and indie PS4 exclusives
  • Basement Crawl
  • Deep Down F2P
  • Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage
  • Earth Defence Force
  • The Idolm@ster (working title)
  • Joysound Drive 2
  • Lily Bergamo
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • N++
  • Nikoli no Puzzle 4: Sudoku
  • Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive
  • Pool Nation Extreme/FX
  • Totterno E Mahjong Plus
List of games exclusive to the PlayStation brand (so: PS4 + PS3 and/or PS Vita)
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • Escape Plan
  • Flower
  • Helldivers
  • Hohokum
  • MLB 14: The Show
  • Natural Doctrine
  • Pavilion
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
  • Sound Shapes
  • Super Exploding Zoo
  • Switch Galaxy Ultra
  • Velocity 2X
  • Yakuza Ishin
List of PS4 games (initially) not coming to Xbox One (but possibly to PC and other platforms)
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Blacklight: Retribution F2P
  • Blast 'Em Bunnies
  • Contrast
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
  • CounterSpy
  • Daylight
  • DC Universe Online F2P
  • Divekick
  • Don't Starve
  • Dragon's Prophet F2P
  • DUST 514 F2P
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends Bundle
  • Dez
  • EverQuest Next F2P
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Final Horizon
  • flOw
  • Galak-Z: The Dimensional
  • GlowTag
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • H-Hour World's Elite
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Mercenary Kings
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Onigiri F2P
  • Outlast
  • PlanetSide 2 F2P
  • Primal Carnage: Genesis
  • Project: Heart and Soul
  • Project Phoenix
  • Putty Squad
  • QuickDraw
  • Ray's the Dead
  • Road Not Taken
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Samurai Gunn
  • Secret Ponchos
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
  • SOMA
  • Sportsfriends
  • Starbound
  • Super Motherload
  • Tiny Brains
  • Transistor
  • Volume
  • War Thunder F2P
  • Warframe F2P
  • Wasteland Kings
  • The Witness
* F2P = Free 2 Play
** List does not show exclusive content (such as exclusive Watch Dogs content, Destiny content, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag content, etc.)

Swishh

Banned
Ilúvatar;91136903 said:
Which of Microsoft's launch exclusives were you wowed by, exactly?

Forza 5 is arguably Xbox's second biggest exclusive after halo, and MS gave that as a launch title.

DR3 looks pretty fun as well.

Received scores of 82 and 78 on metacritic, which is better than sony's big titles (not counting resogun because its not a big title)

Killer instinct has the same metacritic rating as frickin killzone

And im not trolling either. These are my honest thoughts as a ps4 day one owner. Ps4 simply has no games im intereted in.

Saberus

OMG.. if serious.. sell it and move on.. sure there is a xbone out there waiting for you.

Majmun

Forza 5 is arguably Xbox's second biggest exclusive after halo, and MS gave that as a launch title.

Received scores of 82 and 78 on metacritic, which is better than sony's big titles (not counting resogun because its not a big title)

And im not trolling either. These are my honest thoughts as a ps4 day one owner. Ps4 simply has no games im intereted in.

Why aren't you counting Resogun? It has more content than KI.

Samyy

Then why did you buy one at launch?
Counting KI but not Resogun?

There's no god damn way it's FF7 right? I mean c'mon. Does square have the resources right now? They've got XV and KH3 to do, so I'm not so sure, but then again I don't know about how much manpower or studios they have.

Swishh

Banned
god damn this reminds me of PS3s launch. this post made me laugh

dude, just because you're not a fan of infamous, driveclub, or mlb the show doesn't mean they don't count as "HUGE exlcusives".

Here are a list of games right off the bat that I can consider huge PS4 exlcusives coming next year for PS4.

SS, #DC, MLB, Uncharted 4, The order 1886. That already surpasses the 4 xbone exclusives you mentioned.

So if you elaborate on the "and more" part for exclusive xbone games, I'd be happy to hear about them.

Uncharted 4 next year would be great, but get back to me when thats confirmed.

Mikeside

Sounds like you should've bought an Xbox One.
None of this wasn't known before launch.

OlympicTechno

Neo Member

Forza 5 may aswell be a Prologue. Killer Instinct is basically a demo. And I don't doubt that you aren't trolling. You'll probably buy an Xbone and hate those games too.

Infamous SS is not a huge game because I don't like that franchise. Kill zone SF and Knack are not good or fun games because metacritic says so. Titanfall is gonna change everything because the game media says so.
If the PS4 doesn't have games, then neither does the X1. Ryse is to Knack like Titanfall is to Planetside 2. Forza is as fresh as Kill zone is fresh.

golem

I understand it can be frustrating, but I still have confidence that it'll get great support from Sony first party titles - look at PS3 as an example

That's the wrong example. The first few years of PS3 were terrible as Sony was busy supporting the PS2. I would almost say to avoid Sony's next gen launches as the more appealing exclusives come much later in their lifespans.

KORNdoggy

Then why in christ's name did you buy it. Did you think sony would have an onslaught of announcement in the single week you've owned the console?

You have a solution. Use it.

Crazy ass meltdown, bra.

Top Bottom