• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Fireblend said:
Uhh... no? When was the A.C. villager confirmed? If you're gonna talk about the yellow alloy, you should know it's been confirmed that the model is based on Mario, and has been proved several times.
This is the best evidence:

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

The kanji in the bottom right box is "sen" which translates to "special" or "exclusive". It's likely that this sticker has a exclusive set of users, most probably an AC character. I don't know why the AC character would need magic attack, but then again we don't really know what magic attack means in this game yet ;)

plufim

BrodiemanTTR said:
Ooh, how about the fact that he's been an established part of this community about three years longer than you and is willing to risk a permanent ban on a roster "leak" that isn't even outlandish or spectacular (no names, just numbers) and isn't linked to his blog to bring in hits?

ooo, permanent ban on a forum? Wow, serious buisness.

He has not given any reason I can see, but hey, I'm a newbie so my opinion is equal to dirt.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
RagnarokX said:

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

The kanji in the bottom right box is "sen" which translates to "special" or "exclusive". It's likely that this sticker has a exclusive set of users, most probably an AC character. I don't know why the AC character would need magic attack, but then again we don't really know what magic attack means in this game yet ;)

Something like a fire flower maybe?

Scribble

RagnarokX said:

Hmm, I don't know. I'm betting that there are A LOT of stickers from non-PC-series, so I'm sure that some of them can be still exclusive even if they don't hail from the same series.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
ShockingAlberto said:
On one hand, I really want Takamaru

On the other hand, I keep thinking "Ugh, another guy with a sword?"

Yes, but its not just any sword, its a katana and that along with him being a samurai(apprentice) makes him unique. Plus hes got shuriken along with loads of coolness.

teekay

MarkMan said:
No third party characters that haven't already been announced... I'll debunk what I know when I see it, but other than that, I don't wanna get crucified for anything...

Nintendo is serious business.

And I will absolutely not reply to any PMs.

Unless it's a PM with sexy pictures, but even then, I'll probably just look at it longer.
Did we ever definitively clarify whether this meant that there are no more 3rd party characters or that he just won't reveal them?

I can't help but feel that the final roster leak is going to be anticlimactic and mainly because of Dojo. A lot of people have been assuming that there were going to five to ten unannounced characters that weren't revealed via Dojo. As it seems, Dojo very well might blow its entire load before the game is even released. Maybe Dojo should have been used as an outlet to reveal stages, items, and modes instead of characters. The final result would have been much, much more surprising.

I don't think we'll see Falco, another variation of Link, one of the Fire Emblem characters. Mewtwo doesn't have a good chance either.

Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ganandorf are definitely going to be in it.

Game and Watch and Jigglypuff have a pretty good shot, but not as good as the above three of appearing.

New characters? Definitely an Animal Crossing character. The probability seems high for this.

Is it possible that Nintendo delayed SSBB to steal the thunder away from the PSP?

I know that's a very strange thing to think about, but March could feasibly the first time in years that the PSP would beat the DS in sales for that respective month. The PSP has its, arguably, two largest titles ever coming out that month, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

So, if Brawl was released in the same month it would most likely negatively impact the sale of these games, and would keep the hype focused on Nintendo's consoles yet again, and would give Nintendo another chance to gloat about its crushing victory over the PSP.

plufim

BrodiemanTTR said:
It seems you read about as well as you write.

Huh? You said he was willing to risk a permanent ban. And then I used sarcasm to point out that in the grand scheme of things, that's not something that matters.

farnham

Banned
Well there are rumors that the 1 week delay of SSBB is aiming at the release of DMC4.. i could see a chance that nintendo of america is doing the same

Short Round said:
Is it possible that Nintendo delayed SSBB to steal the thunder away from the PSP?

I know that's a very strange thing to think about, but March could feasibly the first time in years that the PSP would beat the DS in sales for that respective month. The PSP has its, arguably, two largest titles ever coming out that month, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

So, if Brawl was released in the same month it would most likely negatively impact the sale of these games, and would keep the hype focused on Nintendo's consoles yet again, and would give Nintendo another chance to gloat about its crushing victory over the PSP.

That's like a PS3 game coming out to counter a DS game. They aren't exactly in the same market (well they are and they aren't).

I'm pretty sure the delay was to ensure the online servers don't crash hardcore for the first month Brawl is out, and that they'll have enough copies to go around. March seems to usually be a general top month for game releases and sales too, I don't know why.

Scribble

It would be neat if Man God could tell us how many were cut from Melee exactly, so we at least know how many newcomers to expect.

HotByCold

Banned
My guess.

Returning Characters 19

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus&Zero Suit Samus*
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Peach
Sheik
Game and Watch
Mewtoo
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

Newcomers 15

Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikmin & Olimar
New Fire Emblem Character
New Star Fox Character
New Mario Character
New Franchise Character

Total 34 characters

*I've counted Zss and Samus as one character since the only way to access ZSS is via the smashball.

[Nintex]

My prediction:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus&Zero Suit Samus*
7. Zelda
8. Bowser
9. Donkey Kong
10. Yoshi
11. Ice Climbers
12. Peach
13. Sheik
14. Ness/Mewtoo
15. Jigglypuff
16. Luigi
17. Captain Falcon
18. Ganondorf

Newcomers
19. Pit
20. Wario
21. Ike
22. Pokémon Trainer
23. Diddy Kong
24. Meta Knight
25. Snake
26. Lucas
27. Sonic
28. Tails
29. King Dedede
30. Pikmin & Olimar
31. Ridley
32. Star Wolf
33. Black Shadow
34. Star Fox Character
35. Mii

Scribble

HotByCold said:
I'm pretty sure I didn't...

Just recounted and everything is the way it's supposed to be.

It's just that, according to the 'droplet' of info, the roster will be 35 characters.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
plufim said:
Based on what? Only thing we know is he's a writer for High-score online, a pretty small gaming blog (assuming he still is, he may no longer do so). He's really given us no more reason to believe him than "attentionwhore37".
because I know he isnt the kind of dude to do this shit just for attention.

Dascu

MarkMan said:
Nope, not me. I'm MarkMan. :lol

Not Markman, PORTRAITofRUIN, or any other names out there lolol...
Right. I just read something on GameFAQs that there was some confusion about you and PoR regarding leaks of Castlevania info.

Rindain

Banned
My predictions for a 35 character roster:

Veteran Fighters: 18
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ness
Luigi
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers: 17
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikmin & Olimar
Ridley
Animal Crosser
Geno
Krystal
Windwaker Link (replaces Young Link)
Takamaru

Man God said:
STOP

DO NOT PASS GO.

DO NOT COLLECT $200.

You did not just say that the guy who steals information and posts whatever the fuck he wants without any proof (ololol, not the starters for fourth gen, april fools sixth months after!) is credible. Serebii Joe is one of the least credible sources for information possible. All his pokemon info is cribbed from other, better sites, that which isn't made up outright.

Thank you.

That Serebii guy is just some guy who runs a Pokemon fansite, nothing more.

Lately he's been going around smashboards with this huge ego, acting like his shit doesn't smell.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
HotByCold said:
My guess.

New Fire Emblem Character

I think Marth is in.

*IF* there's a third playable Fire Emblem character I'm guessing the Black Knight/
Zelgius
. It would be a physical character and not a mage, so no Micaiah.

I wonder if there are other Fire Emblem AT's besides Lyn. You can have the magic users here. Maybe Roy has been relegated to an AT position. I'm hoping they've made a Laguz character an AT - hopefully a dragon, maybe a heron.

I'm fine with 35 characters. I just hope there aren't too much clones.

And about the maps.. 40 is a really good number. Specially because there is a map editor and you can make thousands of maps :)

Narag

Reno said:
Chiming in to say "MarkMan is right"
:D
I hope you doing so gets people off MarkMan's back. The fizzled witchhunt on him is eerily reminiscent of when you put the VF5 online rumor forth last year. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Oh if people wanna doubt what MarkMan is saying, they can always put their money where their mouth is and wager something on it. :)

Personally, I wouldn't though, knowing what I know. :eek:

tabsina

Isn't sheik the same as zelda? why is she counted in most lists as a separate character? it is like listing Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle separately

Don't worry about ignorance here guys, I'm seeing worse at other forums... like, someone was arguing that the Banjo etc being in the credits because of the screenshots of other games showing them was "a guess" and "ignorant", because his Nintendo Power just says "All characters owned by their respective companies" and no specific details so, therego, no need for the credits for just pictures in Famitsu, Brawl Central lies etc etc.

HotByCold

Banned
Scribble said:
It's just that, according to the 'droplet' of info, the roster will be 35 characters.
Bah. I try to ignore rumors, oh the irony, and make up guesses myself.
It's funnier that way. :)

Grecco

I dont think there was a level in the N64/GCN smashes without a character from them in the game right? Why would there be an Animal Crossing Level and not a character from that game too?

My prediction:

Veterans-

1. Mario
2. Princess Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Pikachu
6. Jigglypuff
7. Mewtwo
8. Link
9. Princess Zelda/Sheik
10. Ganondorf (with Ganon as a transformation character)
11. Kirby
12. Donkey Kong
13. Samus Aran
14. Fox McCloud
15. Yoshi
16. Marth
17. Captain Falcon
18. Ice Climber
19. Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers:

20. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
21. Pokémon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Young Link
24. Meta Knight
25. King Dedede
26. Ridley
27. Wario
28. Animal Crosser
29. Ike
30. Pikmin & Olimar
31. Lucas
32. Pit
33. Lolo
34. Advance Wars rep
35. Sonic
36. Solid Snake

...Damn, one too many.

Can't pick which one to drop. :S

But hey, almost half of my roster is newcomers! :D

My roster prediction:

Veterans
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Link
6. Zelda/Sheik
7. Ganondorf (de-cloned)
8. Kirby
9. Pikachu
10. Mewtwo
11. Jigglypuff
12. Samus
13. Fox
14. Falco (de-cloned)
15. Captain Falcon
16. Ice Climbers
17. Donkey Kong
18. Yoshi
19. Mr. Game & Watch
20. Marth

21. Pit
22. Meta Knight
23. King Dedede
24. Wario
25. Ike
26. Pokemon Trainer
27. Lucario
28. Diddy Kong
29. Lucas
30. Captain Olimar
31. Ridley
32. Wind Waker Young Link
33. Krystal

34. Sonic
35. Snake

That's a lot of characters. I guess it would be futile to expect a Belmont at this point. I can just imagine how awesome it would be to wield a whip via the smash controls.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
evilromero said:
That's a lot of characters. I guess it would be futile to expect a Belmont at this point. I can just imagine how awesome it would be to wield a whip via the smash controls.
BELMONT IS IN DAMMIT

DON'T MESS WITH MY DREAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom