• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetku

To keep the Dojo thread from becoming a rumor thread, we should compile and discuss the rumors/prophets here. I will start by listing some of the "prophets" that the smash boards have not debunked yet, as well as their predictions.

NeoGAF's own 'leaker':

MarkMan said:
I will say this, 35 characters, 41 stages. That's it.

MarkMan said:
No third party characters that haven't already been announced...

rapscouter

Rapscouter is possibly the most famous one of the bunch, he was the one who leaked a number of things about Pokémon Diamond and Pearl before it was released. He returns with a number of predictions, however, GameFAQs seems to keep deleting his posts, but I have Notepad files of all his predictions, and I will post them here, instead of posting a link.

For each set, he has stated that three things within are lies.

-Super Smash Bros. will be on the Virtual Console Feb. 4th. (The idea has been tossed around among leakers)
-Blastoise, Zapdos, Luxray, Combusken, and Grovyle will be pokeball pokemon. (Blastoise & Zapdos are likely to return)
-There will be no more delays, this game will be out Feb. 10th. This game is Finished and has been finished the only reason it was delayed is so it didn't conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales. (Surprisingly, we all thought this was a bona fide truth. Not any more!)
-The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week. (1/14/2008-1/18/2008){No third party character}
-Metal Gear Solid will have three ATs, Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot, and someone else who will bring a smile to your face. Revolver Ocelot stands on on side of the level and rapidly fires at everyone other that the person who threw the AT. (Possibly referring to Raiden, who is mentioned by forbrawlbattle & ChaoticImplosion; Cyber Ninja AKA Gray Fox confirmed via the DOJO, Raiden may have been confirmed at JumpFesta)
-Ditto is an extremely powerful pokeball pokemon.
Many people will not be surprised by the third 3rd party character, but many will be.
-Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess. (Sothe was confirmed at JumpFesta; forbrawlbattle said Sothe, Trace & Professor Oak as well)
-Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship are levels in SSBB. (jhonnyturbotti mentions Gangplank Galleon, AKA K. Rool's ship)
-The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him.
-1/2 of the SSB levels and 1/3 of SSBM levels are going to be in SSBB with improved graphics
-There's really a forth third party character that's gonna blow minds, don't who it is because my friend wouldn't even tell me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Falco will return due to his popularity. (Disagrees with ChaoticImplosion; Agrees with ChaosZero)
-Wii Bowling, Wii Shop, and Big Boss Blue's are all music in the game. (Wii Shop Music was confirmed via the Pictochat update)
-Poke Floats 2, and a level based on one of Bowser's airships will be in SSBB. (Poké Floats 2 was deconfirmed by Serebii)
-There will be DLC new levels and possibly items, ATs, and characters.
-The Ditto pokeball pokemon most of you thought was a lie, well if it was and even if it wasn't a lie, let me continue giving you some more information on him, when he comes out of the ball he copies the character that threw the ball, and unleashes their final smash. That's the reason I said he was really powerful.
-Rawk Hawk, Tricky, Twinrova, and kremlings are going to be Assist Trophies.
The boss battles from The Legend of Zelda in the Subspace Emissary are going to be big and epic.
-Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are all the assist trophiess from Sonic that I know of. (Tails was mentioned byChaoticImplosion & forbrawlbattle)
-About 65% of the hidden characters are unlocked in the Subspace Emissary. (Sakurai did say a majority of characters would be unlocked through SSE)
-There is a level called Through Time and Space.
-Luigi will be able to jump higher and run faster, but slide sorta like in Super Mario Galaxy. (Luigi confirmation)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-The Frozen Flower, Bob-Omb, and the Red Shell are all items in SSBB.
-Salamence, Hitmochan, Hitmonlee, and Staryu are all pokeball pokemon.
-Saffron City, Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom and Dream Land will return with improved graphics. (Serebii has deconfirmed Saffron City as returning)
-The Soundtrack for this game will be epic, there are supposedly over 200 songs in this game. It will have everything from The Super Mario Bros theme to The Metal Gear Solid theme.
-In Subspace Emissary there will sometimes be guest characters that join up with you, that will not be in the playable character roster. (One_Step87 refers to ATs helping out in SSE)
-Tauroneo, Impa, and Boo are Assist Trophies.
-Some Music from Fire Emblem will be Fire Emblem Theme, The Strong, and Ascent.
-Ganondorf will be returning in his Twilight Princess form, and Fight with a sword, but move very slowly. (Interview w/ Eiji Aonuma, prophets have agreed)
-Green Hill Zone, and Good Egg Galaxy are levels in SSBB. (One_Step87 says both of these)
-An item called Rare Candy will temporarily make you stronger.
-Roy, and Marth are being taken out and being replaced by characters from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. (disagrees with jhonnyturbotic)
-Fire Rods and Ice Rods will be items.
-Rundas, Daisy, Chain Chomp, and Agahnim will be ATs. (forbrawlbattle says he saw a Chain Chomp AT; jhonnyturbotti says this as well)
-Gateway Galaxy, and Chozo Ruins will be levels.
-Ridley is in Subspace Emissary.
-Final Destination is back. (Most leakers have said this)
-Metal Gear Solid will also have a item in SSBB, Magazine throw on the floor and if a fighter walks over it they will become distracted by it.
-Regirock, Registeel, and Regice will be pokeball pokemon.
-Supspace Emissary will take around 2-5 hours to beat depending on your skill level and how many worlds you wanna beat.
-Ness is back and playable, he has NOT been removed. (Most leakers have said this)
-Captain Falcon is back with a new moveset.
-There will be around 65-75 levels.
-Another Fire Emblem level will be in.
-Mewtwo will be returning. (Disagrees with ChaosZero and One_Step87)
-Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon will be pokeball pokemon.(Leafeon confirmed via WHOBBY)
-There will be no rival P.T. in the game. (C'mon Blaziken, Turtwig, and Croconaw I think it was no, if anything it would be Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur, maybe or maybe not, but I do know Blastoise would be in the there.
-Rayquaza will not be the only Pokemon boss in Subspace Emissary.
-The third 3rd party character is from Capcom.
-There will be a level in here that will have SNES graphics. (I have no idea what it's from, but that's how it was described to me.)
-After you get all the cds, you can supposedly upload your own music via memory stick.
-Twilight Fossil- Stallord, and Twilight Igniter- Fyrus are bosses in Subspace Emissary.
-Monty Mole, and Professor E. Gadd are assist trophies.
{-Big Goron's Sword, and Poison Mushroom are items.(Poison Mushroom confirmed via WHOBBY]}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thomp, Birdo, and Magikoopa are ATs. (forbrawlbattle also says Birdo will be an AT)
-Items from Mario Party will be in here.
-Third Party Characters will be in Subspace Emissary.
-There will be a co-op Arcade mode.
-Not all levels will have reps.
-In Subspace Emissary Snake teams up with the more cartoonish characters.
-All Star mode will return.
-Sonic and Link team up in Subspace Emissary.
-Lon Lon milk will be an item.
-There will be a level from Donkey Kong Country 3, and a old school Wario game.
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophey. (ChaoticImplosion decomfirmed him as a playable character)

ChaosZero

On Halloween 2007, a post was (supposedly) made by ChaosZero, describing the Dragoon parts in amazing detail. The funny thing is that the Dragoon Parts were not so much as acknowledged by Sakurai until the 12/28 DOJO Update. Thus, ChaosZero became the first true "prophet" that people stand to believe.

-Character: Sheik (Interview w/ Eiji Aonuma; reason for why Zelda's special moves have not been mentioned on DOJO or CoroCoro cards; Disagrees with Vatro Xu)
-Character: Lucario (Many prophets have said this, including Vatro Xu)
-Character: Ness (Vatro Xu disagrees)
-Character: Wolf O' Donnel (Agrees with ChaoticImplosion & Vatro Xu)
-Character: Falco Lombardi (Disagrees with ChaoticImplosion)
-Character: Ganondorf (See almightgoat for more details)
-Character: Captain Falcon (Agrees with Vatro Xu)
-Subspace Emissary Detail: Mewtwo (implied, if Mewtwo is not returning)
-Stage: Final Destination (Many prophets have said this)
-Item: Dragoon (10/30/2007) (Dragoon Parts update occurred 12/28/2007...

forbrawlbattle

This guy posted a list of 50 out of the large number of Assist Trophies that are potentially in Brawl. The list is a combo of confirmed and unconfirmed, with some interesting results. Here's the link: Gamespot post of forbrawlbattle's AT findings

-Assist Trophy: Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Dr. Wright (SimCity) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Hammer Bro (Mario series) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Nintendogs (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Devil (Devil World) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Knuckle Joe (Kirby) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Stafy (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Jill (Drill Dozer) (1/8/2008) (Confirmed at E for All)
-Assist Trophy: Waluigi (Mario series) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Lyn (Fire Emblem) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Little Mac (Punch Out!) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Excitebike (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Metroid (1/8/2008) (Confirmed at E for All)
-Assist Trophy: Lakitu (Mario series) (1/8/2008)
-Assist Trophy: Bullet Bills (Mario series)
-Assist Trophy: Chain Chomp (Mario series) (rapscouter says this, as does jhonnyturbotti)
-Assist Trophy: Tatanga (Super Mario Land)
-Assist Trophy: Birdo (Mario series) (Agrees with thealmightygoat)
-Assist Trophy: Mouser (Super Mario Bros. 2)
-Assist Trophy: Re-Dead (Zelda series)
-Assist Trophy: Tingle (Wind Waker) (agrees with thealmightygoat)
-Assist Trophy: Stalfos (Zelda series)
-Assist Trophy: Kracko (Kirby series)
-Assist Trophy: Sir Kibble AKA Enemy Kirby gets Cutter From (Kirby series)
-Assist Trophy: ZERO-ONE w/ Snap (Pokémon Snap) (ChaoticImplosion said this)
-Assist Trophy: Professor Oak (Pokémon series) (rapscouter mentions him)
-Assist Trophy: Kumatora (MOTHER 3) (refers to a pink haired girl with a blue & white dress from the MOTHER series)
-Assist Trophy: Duster (MOTHER 3) (refers to a character with a large nose and the snake from Lucas' tether recovery)
-Assist Trophy: Pig Mask Soldier (MOTHER 3)
-Assist Trophy: Claus (MOTHER 3)
-Assist Trophy: Arwings (StarFox)
-Assist Trophy: F-Zero Machines
-Assist Trophy: Advance Wars Infantry and Tanks (Confirmed at E for All)
-Assist Trophy: Sothe (Fire Emblem) (Report from JumpFesta; rapscouter mentions him)
-Assist Trophy: Tails (Sonic series) (ChaoticImplosion & rapscouter said this)
-Assist Trophy: Fiery Blowhog (Pikmin series)
-Assist Trophy: Windy Blowhog (Pikmin series)
-Assist Trophy: Pak E. Derm (Yoshi's Story)
-Assist Trophy: Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo for GCN)
-Assist Trophy: Raiden (Metal Gear Solid series) (mentioned by ChaoticImplosion; referred to by rapscouter)
-Assist Trophy: Doshin the Giant (GCN)
-Assist Trophy: Spire (Metroid Prime Hunters) (referred to as a boulder creature w/ spikes from MPH)
-Assist Trophy: Trace (Metroid Prime Hunters) (referred to as a weird red hunter; rapscouter mentions Trace)
-Assist Trophy: Baby Mario Bros. (Mario series; Yoshi series)
-Assist Trophy: Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
-Assist Trophy: Magikoopa (Mario series; Yoshi series)
-Assist Trophy: Thwomp (Mario series)

Some of it seems likely, but a lot of it doesn't.
If there really is 4 3rd party characters in the game, that would be epic.

Jetku

I definitely agree with many of the prophets/speculators that say Lucario will replace mewtwo. In the games, he is very different, but his moves could be easily reworked to more accurately represent Lucario...especially the shadow ball into Lucario's Aura Sphere.

I also think Sukapon has a great chance as a wtf character.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Pyroteknikz said:
You think that's funny kid?
No, I don't think it'd be very funny for a GAF member to be in Brawl, the novelty'll wear off after three matches. Hope Nintendo reconsiders.

Firestorm

I heard a rumour from a friend of a friend of a friend of a cyborg that Jigglypuff isn't in it

Please stop giving attention whores more attention.

Redd

I hope many of these rumors are true especially the third third party character from capcom. Please please be who I think it is, dont let me down Sakurai.

I heard Crushed's Avatar was going to be in Brawl. This is him doing his Final Smash:

crushedloevcomputargaf.gif

Grecco

Redd said:
I hope many of these rumors are true especially the third third party character from capcom. Please please be who I think it is, dont let me down Sakurai.

Firebrand right?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
doogles said:
This could very well be a Belmont or Alucard. Who else would fit the bill?
Final Fantasy or Resident Evil characters would be likely for this one, although an RE rep seems pretty unlikely given that they tend to use realistic weapons.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I predict Ganon!
I precict Reggie!
I predict a NeoGAF mention!
I predict cheaters!

Fuck yeah I am a PROPHET!

Oh shit, here's the latest gossip.

Ice Hockey characters will be playable.
There will be a Wave Race stage and a Gumshoe stage.
Mach Rider will replace Captain Falcon.
Starman from Pro Wrestling will replace Ganondorf.
Use SD cards to play your own music.

The Hermit

Things that I can bet my nuts that will be true:

Luigi w/ vacuum
Gannondorf Twilight style w/ sword
Falco
C. Falcon
Ridley as a SE boss (NOT PLAYABLE)
Tails as an Assist Trophie

EDIT: Mii will be in some form, most likely as playable, but not so sure in this one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
thealmightygoat posts again, even though he admitted to being fake and posted this on Gamefaqs. I know it's not true but this would be a great roster:
Shortly before my account (thealmightygoat) was suspended on Gamespot, I received a message. All of my messages since were deleted after the suspension, but I managed to save this one. My internet has been down until now, so I can post it. I saved the text and I choose to conceal the name until the person comes out as the one who sent me the info. I know that I’m a fake, but someone gave me actual information. He is well known on the internet, by the way. The source was indeed a VERY reliable account, but I choose to withhold until they come out themselves, which should be shortly.….

Thealmightygoat,

It has been very interesting reading your updates. But, some of them were obviously fake. How do I know this? Well, allow me to explain myself. I’m receiving Brawl information and have chosen to openly withold it. I decided it was time, but to avoid trouble, I want you to post the roster I have been given/told. It will most likely be deleted after a bit, but understand that this is actual info.

I’ve been getting bits of this roster since late December and I have yet to see if this is the final roster. It most likely is, if not it is very close. I didn’t want to reveal it myself and become at risk, but I figured since your credibility has been destroyed, this was the best way to reveal it and have it up for as long as possible. Post this if you can and when you can, and also save the roster.

This is not my fabrication. This is someone else’s and I’m posting it for them so they don’t get in trouble for it. I will most likely be banned if anything so I just want to say it’s been real fun. And I guess we got some new info out of it after all. So look if you want, but think about it first. The surprise would be a lot more fun if you wait. But it’s your choice, and I’m posting this because there is a choice. Make your choice.

***WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS***

VETERANS:
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Donkey Kong
-Samus/ZSS
-Yoshi
-Fox
-Peach
-Bowser
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda/Sheik
-Captain Falcon
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Luigi
-Marth
-Mr. Game and Watch
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Young Link (Cel-Shaded)

NEWCOMERS:
-Wario
-Pit
-Meta Knight
-Snake
-Ike
-Pokemon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Lucas
-Sonic
-King Dedede
-Captain Olimar
-Krystal
-Ridley
-Geno (Not a 3rd Party)
-Isaac
-Micaiah
-Lucario
-Claus
-Sukapon (WTF Character)
-Takamaru
-Ray 01
-Bowser Jr.
-Wolf
-Ryu (Yeah, from Street Fighter.)

Thanks for all the help,

***********(Name Concealed)

This is not my creation. This was given to me, believe it or not. I would have just taken the credit, but instead, I’m giving credit to the one who gave this to me. Trust me, it is a VERY reliable source, one who has lots of prominence. They will reveal themselves soon, believe me. Believe me or don't believe me, I don't care. I stand by this.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40761343

Baiano19 said:

Luigi w/ vacuum
Falco
C. Falcon

I'm hoping you'll be nut-less then. Metroid needs another playable character.

dude

dude
Baiano19 said:

Luigi w/ vacuum
Falco
C. Falcon
I'll hold you to your words, I have scissors.

EDIT: Also, bullshit list is bullshit.

Guled

So some people make some guess, and then everyone calls them prophets. Let me tell you this, if anything gets leaked, it won't be from gameFAQs. They are just attention whores, stop feeding them so we could tell when the real leak comes

Rlan

-Metal Gear Solid will also have a item in SSBB, Magazine throw on the floor and if a fighter walks over it they will become distracted by it.

That sounds absolutely hilarious! :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Baiano19 said:
What do you think of what I posted is unlikely to happen?
Ridley not being playable. He's my most wanted, and expected, character. Everything else seems pretty likely though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Baiano19 said:
There´s even a Ridley music and I would believe it plays during a boss fight...

But we´ll see.
He could be a boss that's unlocked when you beat him. The site did say most characters were unlocked in Subspace.

RoboPlato said:
Final Fantasy or Resident Evil characters would be likely for this one, although an RE rep seems pretty unlikely given that they tend to use realistic weapons.
That was Snake's problem originally, too - "realistic weapons." I like both of your guesses. I'd be happy with Richter Belmont, Alucard, or a RE character.

dude

dude
Baiano19 said:
What do you think of what I posted is unlikely to happen?
Oh, I just though betting your nuts was a little extreme, but if you mentioned it I don't think Luigi will have his vacuum.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Simon Belmont would be the best possible choice. He's already appeared in a Smash Bros. clone with Solid Snake, he and his series started on a Nintendo console, he and his series have had a long close relationship with Nintendo to the point that thinking of Castlevania is practically the same as thinking of the NES, Konami is already on board, his series has incredible music, his attacks and items fit into a Smash Bros.-type game perfectly...

I know some people talk about, "omg but konami already has snake." Uh, so? SSBB isn't an foreign embassy that third-parties choose a single ambassador for. Nobody has ever said that a third-party is limited to one character.

gwiz210

I am gwiz210 the Prophet! All bow down to me!

You heard this here first kids,
Smash Bros: 80s Edition
Smash Bros: Aerosmith Edition
...and U2 will be in the next full installment Super Smash Bros. Tussle

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Crushed said:
Simon Belmont would be the best possible choice. He's already appeared in a Smash Bros. clone with Solid Snake, he and his series started on a Nintendo console, he and his series have had a long close relationship with Nintendo to the point that thinking of Castlevania is practically the same as thinking of the NES, Konami is already on board, his series has incredible music, his attacks and items fit into a Smash Bros.-type game perfectly...

I know some people talk about, "omg but konami already has snake." Uh, so? SSBB isn't an foreign embassy that third-parties choose a single ambassador for. Nobody has ever said that a third-party is limited to one character.
I agree that Simon would be a great choice. Plus, with a whip and some of the secondary weapons (holy water, crucifix, etc) he could have a really cool, unique moveset.

Spruchy

Only Super Smash could generate a thread where people discuss lists of things NOT in the game.

Oh yeah and Rock Band -_-.

Lets go Mega Man!!!

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I have a feeling that Leon is going to be Capcom's character and there will be a Resident Evil stage that will take place in the first Resident Evil mansion. That is sort of cool I suppose.

Jetku

I think that there will be a Canadian delay, but not an American delay..just like Rock Band.

Here is a list of sites and release dates:

Bestbuy.com 2/10/08 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...smash&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1142300186624

Bestbuy.ca 3/31/08 - http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10075836&catid=24348

Toysrus.com 2/10/08 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2813906

Toysrus.ca 4/1/08 - http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...h&parentPage=search&f=Taxonomy/TRUSCA/2510384

Walmart.com 2/10/08 - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6527131

Walmart.ca does not list Brawl.

Gamestop.com / EBgames.com 2/10/08 - http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015

EBGames stores in Canada have a March date for Brawl on their in store computers.

PedroRVD

please!! Dr Mario!! please!!

Dr Mario !!! I have played melee since launch and for all this years he has been my ONLY character....it would break my heart if he does not appear in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom