• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Wow. I really did touch a nerve. The fact they even consider a poll for a new char without finishing the current roster shows their lack of vision. But you, who seemingly has everything they want, follows behind in goose step formation, freely accepting any garbage Namco produces because "fuck it, I got what *I* wanted"! If anyone is ungrateful, it's fans like you who want "everything free, and we want it now".

Anyways, personal attacks huh? I guess I shouldn't expect more from a modern day fan. The resort to name calling always signifies a loser in any situation. Congrats.

i highly disagree with the bolded .
Harada shouldn't forced to bring old character first ... if this say more about their vision to actually bring content , their fans like rather than bringing the roster up with old faces.
They actually made the character after giving us a choice ... i think their objectives was to actually have time ( and money ) to think and bring new things in tekken , i mean the roster in TTT2 is huge , what is the point of doing a copy paste job ?

Tekken rev limited roster actually make it very easy to see what works and what doesn't ..i welcome new characters , new ideas, new experiences .. this game is a giant laboratory , not a 60$ retail release after all.

i highly disagree with the bolded .
Harada shouldn't forced to bring old character first ... if this say more about their vision to actually bring content , their fans like rather than bringing the roster up with old faces.
They actually made the character after giving us a choice ... i think their objectives was to actually have time ( and money ) to think and bring new things in tekken , i mean the roster in TTT2 is huge , what is the point of doing a copy paste job ?

Tekken rev limited roster actually make it very easy to see what works and what doesn't ..i welcome new characters , new ideas, new experiences .. this game is a giant laboratory , not a 60$ retail release after all.

I understand this point of view and their reasoning for these choices. I just disagree with them. Part of the experiment isn't just new chars, but tweaking current ones.

And yes, I will clearly admit my bias on this because I think certain chars are core to the series. And yes this includes Yoshi and Hei, both of whom are still absent from the playable roster.

Anyways, thanks for the civil response.

Erigu

It's official. Harada needs to be fired. Putting this absolutely retarded character in the game, even spending ONE SECOND developing her, before classic chars like Yoshi is beyond reason.
Sorry, but this confirms that Harada is a sellout IMO. First the disgraceful dropping of TTT2, then this game, and now this event. Unforgivable.
I see that Harada is above reproach here, a god that walks among men.
I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. I'm just not afraid to speak up about it. Even in a temple of worshippers.
Seriously, do you realize how you sound?

TheWriter

My first reaction was "I'm so sorry I voted for her."
Then I was intrigued. I'm going to buy her, haven't spend time on this game in ages so I could really start fresh with her. Seeing her ingame model makes it clear that her design isn't really any worse than Devil Jins.
But I'm really not liking the face of hers, it's so much like Lilis. She isn't her long imprisoned sister by chance?

Degen

Eliza is actually Lili's alter ego like Jin/DJ and the "imprisonment" story is an extended metaphor for a mental block

we have to go deeper

Degen

yeah... I should probably point that out in the Eliza thread

December 19 isn't even possible for the US release date because it's not a Tuesday lol

Doomshine

Merry Christmas motherfuckers, Bob is coming to TR on christmas eve.

GguW2Mr.jpg

AAK

GrayFox wanted me to post this in the TR thread:

Her charged fireball may be unblockable. Eliza's portrait is the artwork, looks out of place.

GrayFoxPL ‏@GrayFoxPL 17h

Eliza's ground fireball can be blocked both crouching and standing. Not a threat, but.. She can follow up fireball with qick auto dash up.

Amount of BS seems random. Ticket =10xBS but Arcade only? Info says you can unlock costumes for Eliza. Eliza shows up randomly in Arcade.

Revolution Eliza notes: 335mb 20 000 Blood Seals to unlock Clear Arcade Mode = 1-50 BS Win Online Fight = 1-50 BS. Lose = 1-10 BS

GrayFoxPL ‏@GrayFoxPL 16 Dec

Revo A.King: 3+4 still good pick up tool. Rest of the moves seem to work the same on normal and ch like in Tag2.

Revo A.King: Juggles ending with air throw or f+2,1 instead of bound. Good air throw damage. ss+2,1 gives fake bound ff+2 seems safe now.

Revo A.King: ub+1 knocks down on normal and ch uf+3 opponent falls on his back instead of face on ch db+3 ch, ws+4, f+1+4 - :\

Thank you for the continuous updates man. Sorry to see you banned :( hope it gets overturned!

Erigu

Clear Arcade Mode = 1-50 BS Win Online Fight = 1-50 BS. Lose = 1-10 BS
I'm pretty sure it varies more than that, and I'm not sure the issue of the fight actually matters (as long as you're not disconnected, as that results in zero point). I remember winning an online fight and getting just 1 point, than losing another and getting 100 points.

Degen

Kane does not use the projectile ONE TENTH as much as I plan to.

This is the "True Ogre charged-up db2" for a new generation

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I agree with what Aris said. It's a mess because you're buying a full game here. I'd also pay for a full title of this too. It would be fantastic on a portable device. I'm shocked the Eliza update is taking that long. It would of been perfect for the holidays.

Isn't it easier to rank up in Revo than it is in Tag?

Like twice as easy, if not more. That is why I am above Vanquisher (after winning 150 matches...) and STILL only 1 out of every 5 people use their brain. These people have such a vague understanding of the game, its absurd.

TTT2 on the other hand... I'm scared to play ranked.

I just got to Destroyer in ranked battle. What rank is it where you stop fighting total idiots?

Never. At the highest ranks you will run into people that have mastered online Tekken, with a couple of good players sprinkled in along the way.

It's kinda funny running into good players on TR, they have sometimes messaged me like "wow that was a real Tekken match!" or something similar.

Isn't it easier to rank up in Revo than it is in Tag?

Yeah, It seems easier. I somehow achieved the Avenger rank with my average Lili fairly quick and so far quite a bit of the high ranked Tekken players do not seem so "Tekk" savvy when it comes to Tekken. I mean I see a fair amount of high ranked players doing stuff that beginners rarely do in Tekken Tag 2. They could just be starting out though.

Just wanted to point out that it's pretty stupid to me that the mokujin in arcade don't count for the mokujin counter and you have to beat the 3 on the mokujin rush for that count to go up.

Manbig

DEATH™;94462858 said:
Kane just said after you get eliza bikini, you can collect 140K blood seals to get a boob job...

lol

Somehow this character turned out even more obnoxious than I initially thought.

Gameplay wise I want to try her out though. I'm interested in the fact that they gave her a bare bones movelist. Assuming that it covers all bases, I much prefer this approach than them adding a bunch of useless moves, or moves that already serve the same purpose as other moves, just to make the movelist longer.

Somehow this character turned out even more obnoxious than I initially thought.

Gameplay wise I want to try her out though. I'm interested in the fact that they gave her a bare bones movelist. Assuming that it covers all bases, I much prefer this approach than them adding a bunch of useless moves, or moves that already serve the same purpose as other moves, just to make the movelist longer.

Just like Street Fighter!

AAK

Armor King and Jun are finally out on NA. However, weirdly, I just got 360k gift points but no body was unlocked. Does the 30k gift point counter change at a certain point?

And after viewing the Eliza footage, she honestly doesn't look that interesting to play. I sorta lost the motivation to try and unlock her.

Manbig

Man people are getting angrier and angrier at me in this game. It's getting to the point where I'm forced to either play ranked and deal with the stats, or go to 1 - 2 bar rooms.

GrayFoxPL

One guy had Eliza on second day after she launched. Imagine how many coins he wasted on arcade mode to get her.

Btw when I fought him, there were strange lag spikes. Dunno. She had horrendous recovery on her sweeps btw.

The first day I though there was a system for blood souls, because I only had max 50 for win, etc. The second day I started getting random 100s. So yeah it's totally random. Sorry for inaccurate numbers.

I can't be bothered to collect 20 000 bs. Tag 2 is occupying me all the time. If Baek. Raven or Hei lands next I'll get a bit interested again, I unlocked most of the chars, don't want to unlock Bob by bad luck :p.

Man people are getting angrier and angrier at me in this game. It's getting to the point where I'm forced to either play ranked and deal with the stats, or go to 1 - 2 bar rooms.

Lol, there are healthy amount of sore losers in this game. Now I mostly do ranked matches because I normally get kicked out of rooms after a while.

joeblow

Yeah,I still play. I can't figure out though if we still get Gift Points in ranked matches, or is it Blood Seals only. The game only shows Blood Seals after a win.

AAK

Interesting, thanks for the update Manny :D

Yeah,I still play. I can't figure out though if we still get Gift Points in ranked matches, or is it Blood Seals only. The game only shows Blood Seals after a win.

What is your PSN BTW? I'm wondering if I ever ran into you?

Also... I unlocked Jun... booo. Armor King looks sooo far away :( And I've reached a number of gift points where it now takes 60k per unlock instead of 30k. Looks like I won't be reunited with my T6 main for a damn long time.

GrayFoxPL

What is your PSN BTW? I'm wondering if I ever ran into you?

Also... I unlocked Jun... booo. Armor King looks sooo far away :( And I've reached a number of gift points where it now takes 60k per unlock instead of 30k. Looks like I won't be reunited with my T6 main for a damn long time.

How much gift points do you have?

Top Bottom