• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

GrayFoxPL

Before I forget.

A.King
Invincible - f+1+4
Criticals
f+2, 1 - second hit
df+1+2
db+3

DU or somersault elbow are not criticals. Elbow looks more punishable.
Has some "evil" entry quote about breaking bones or smth.

JUN

Invincible - 1+2

Criticals
f+2
db+4
uf+4,3 - second hit
ff+3

She's strong, still has super long juggles.

AAK

I do not usually play games just for the trophies, but that is why I continued playing Tekken Revolution after learning about everyone having one invincible move. Those moves break the balance that Tekken had. Even with all the juggling in Tekken 5 onward that I do not like because it changed the way I considered Tekken for the worse, the fundamentals have remained balanced until TR. Once I got 95% of the trophies, I stopped playing.

1000+ games later, my conclusion is that Invincibles are just noob killers. When I finally face a legitimate opponent, they only work if you make a successful hard read. The same thing applies in TTT2 where Lili makes a matterhorn hard read. It's just that players in TTT2 don't abuse it like in TR because they're smarter and in general have a higher skill set. The new Okizeme makes a significantly more profound effect on the game than invincibles ever did.

Before I forget.

A.King
Invincible - f+1+4
Criticals
f+2, 1 - second hit
df+1+2
db+3

DU or somersault elbow are not criticals. Elbow looks more punishable.
Has some "evil" entry quote about breaking bones or smth.

JUN

Invincible - 1+2

Criticals
f+2
db+4
uf+4,3 - second hit
ff+3

She's strong, still has super long juggles.

Yo thank you! And that is crazy surprising about DU not being a critical... Looking at that list, none of the moves are launchers. The 4th move has to be a launcher... so it could be:

Capital Punishment, Death Sandwich, WS+4, CD+1

GrayFoxPL

No problem.

I got cpu A.King to minimum health and started blocking. He did barrage of different moves and I thought: "What? None of these are criticals?"

Wait! I think 4th critical was f+2+3 the ram. I had a flashback right now, but don't believe my memory 100%.

Edit: Btw this "update" had no download meaning it's the same update as the lee one, they just unlocked the characters.

AAK

No problem.

I got cpu A.King to minimum health and started blocking. He did barrage of different moves and I thought: "What? None of these are criticals?"

Wait! I think 4th critical was f+2+3 the ram. I had a flashback right now, but don't believe my memory 100%.

Edit: Btw this "update" had no download meaning it's the same update as the lee one, they just unlocked the characters.

f+2+3? I don't think Armor King had that move... I think it was exclusive to King. Maybe it's a new move for TR?

I also just realized that Paul, Steve, nor Jack have launchers as criticals... so I guess it is believable that AK doesn't have a launcher critical either.

I also find Jun's d/b+4 as a ctitical super weird. That's a freiking poke.

GrayFoxPL

f+2+3? I don't think Armor King had that move... I think it was exclusive to King. Maybe it's a new move for TR?

I also just realized that Paul, Steve, nor Jack have launchers as criticals... so I guess it is believable that AK doesn't have a launcher critical either.

My memory shows me a clip where A.King does cd+3 I duck and think. "This is critical? No." Then he wallsplats me with the ram charge. But maybe I mistook f+1+4 for it, I'll check this stuff better tomorrow(greets for Chow Yun Fat).

Doomshine

Jack's ws+1 is a crit and maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought shredder kicks were crits.

AAK

Jack's ws+1 is a crit and maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought shredder kicks were crits.

Hmm.. Paul

Invincible: d+1+2

Critical: Death Fist, Demo Man, f,f+2:1, ??? Maybe you're right?

EDIT: Just checked, his last invincible move was the low sweep from FC. The one that looks like Miguel's d/b+1 but with a greater swing.

Doomshine

Hmm.. Paul

Invincible: d+1+2

Critical: Death Fist, Demo Man, f,f+2:1, ??? Maybe you're right?

EDIT: Just checked, his last invincible move was the low sweep from FC. The one that looks like Miguel's d/b+1 but with a greater swing.

Oh ok, well I guess that's technically a launcher.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry it took so long, but I just met A.KING online.

A.KING 4th critical - ff+2

Not sure of the command. Looks kinda like df+1 but with right punch. Tried Tag2 found this.

Edited. Messed up commands.

Edit2. Messed up again. Run through Tag2 commands for AK and found ff+2. More logical then ws+2. Sorry guys.

AAK

Interesting, thanks for the confirmation! Looks like AKing does indeed have no Crit Launchers.

But there is one thing I did realize with Aking.... If you land a combo with him and he takes you to the wall... He has a chance to land his ground throw! Damn, A ground throw leading to the wall push garnering you a free b+1,2 with frame advantage forcing them to guess the new mixup? If that Aking player is stacked on power, those are pretty much one hit kill 50/50's!

I'm also curious what kind of combo Aking has to resort to from CH d/b+3 if he doesn't have bound.

GrayFoxPL

Interesting, thanks for the confirmation! Looks like AKing does indeed have no Crit Launchers.

But there is one thing I did realize with Aking.... If you land a combo with him and he takes you to the wall... He has a chance to land his ground throw! Damn, A ground throw leading to the wall push garnering you a free b+1,2 with frame advantage forcing them to guess the new mixup? If that Aking player is stacked on power, those are pretty much one hit kill 50/50's!

I'm also curious what kind of combo Aking has to resort to from CH d/b+3 if he doesn't have bound.

Yeah, they want to emphasize him as a heavy striker in Revolution. I'm pretty sure they changed lots of frames and properties. I only blocked his moves but it felt there's more guard push, stun. I can imagine in exchange for no critical launchers he got better frames for his moves.

DEATH™

The question is, if you take your opponents to the wall... AK's wallcarry stinks even with bound...

Also, its been said his options are crappy after CH db3. I wanna test it later though what I can get...

AAK

10 tickets for day 100? Damn, I have around 45 days of logging till that happens.

I don't think they menage to finish Vampire by end of the year.

I don't mind, let the content be stretched. I believe it might come out in Summer time or something. Hopefully after that maybe in September to November 2014 the Tekken team will finally be finished with Smash Bros. Then maybe in December 2014 they can hopefully reveal TxSF. But I think E3 2015 would be more realistic to expect TxSF's unveiling.

AAK

Regardless, it still isn't stopping the cosplayers from going wild about her:

tekken___scissor_paper_stone_by_vaxzone-d6vtak0.jpg

Those horns are really something huh?

Rant mode ON

It's official. Harada needs to be fired. Putting this absolutely retarded character in the game, even spending ONE SECOND developing her, before classic chars like Yoshi is beyond reason.

Sorry, but this confirms that Harada is a sellout IMO. First the disgraceful dropping of TTT2, then this game, and now this event. Unforgivable.

/salt mode off

AAK

The Tekken community dropped TTT2 long before Harada did.... I guess we should just accept it now but the Tekken Revolution gamestyle and art direction is the future of the series. TTT2 is and forever will be Virtua Fighter levels of active. As speedkicks says, the word to describe TTT2 is stale.

GrayFoxPL

The Tekken community dropped TTT2 long before Harada did.... I guess we should just accept it now but the Tekken Revolution gamestyle and art direction is the future of the series. TTT2 is and forever will be Virtua Fighter levels of active. As speedkicks says, the word to describe TTT2 is stale.

What? Is this the state of ttt2 in USA? Because in EU ttt2 > Revo in online.
Tbh ttt2 is likely most active online fighter after Street Fighter. Revo is active, but I see it slowly dying in eu region, most lobbys I see are made by players outside Europe.
VF online is dead, can't see similarities with ttt2 where I wait 10 sec between matches.

If you meant offline state then sorry for ranting, lol.

Vampire looks better then expected. POWA WAVE!

Rant mode ON

It's official. Harada needs to be fired. Putting this absolutely retarded character in the game, even spending ONE SECOND developing her, before classic chars like Yoshi is beyond reason.

Sorry, but this confirms that Harada is a sellout IMO. First the disgraceful dropping of TTT2, then this game, and now this event. Unforgivable.

/salt mode off

Lol tekken rev is there for them to try new things while they are preparing for their next game.

Let them try new ways to handle 3D fighting ...
This character has plenty of new concepts ( like the ground attack ) Does it work ? we don't know. at least they are testing it to see if they can make it work.

I don't even see what you're so salty about .

GrayFoxPL

Rant mode ON

/salt mode off

irrDQDb1nK3jL.gif

You don't know what you're talking about. Harada is not a boss of anything other then Tekken project and has NamcoBandai bosses above his head.
He fought like a lion with them to bring tons of free dlc to TTT2. He wanted to prove a point to Namco Bandai but he lost since sales weren't great. That's why we got Revolution as a part of Namco-Bandai's huge F2P series push.

Vampire Girl was choice of the fans and they promised to develop whatever character won the poll, so they did. So what is your outrage about? Yoshi? They bring 2 characters every month, so cool down, like you see, every character is coming sooner or later.

So before calling Harada a sellout maybe you should talk to all your friends who didn't buy TTT2, game with huge content Harada fought so hard for with business suits for fans, even as ungrateful ones as you.

GrayFoxPL

Some gifs. I'm very impressed that she isn't some cheap Lili clone like I thought. Nice job Tekken team. (Tekken x Street Fighter can actually work!)

isIX7zTLGgYAr.gif

i2uy8LrAv17bS.gif

imDyOWSp7ftEi.gif

ivjYrHieEWZ6E.gif

ibtdRa2W3IzcEd.gif

AAK

Those hair bangs and horns just make me hate the character design.... But alas just gotta wait and try her out. It'll be a while before she'll be available for NA.

irrDQDb1nK3jL.gif

You don't know what you're talking about. Harada is not a boss of anything other then Tekken project and has NamcoBandai bosses above his head.
He fought like a lion with them to bring tons of free dlc to TTT2. He wanted to prove a point to Namco Bandai but he lost since sales weren't great. That's why we got Revolution as a part of Namco-Bandai's huge F2P series push.

Vampire Girl was choice of the fans and they promised to develop whatever character won the poll, so they did. So what is your outrage about? Yoshi? They bring 2 characters every month, so cool down, like you see, every character is coming sooner or later.

So before calling Harada a sellout maybe you should talk to all your friends who didn't buy TTT2, game with huge content Harada fought so hard for with business suits for fans, even as ungrateful ones as you.

What characters are your mains again? Are they in the game? Just trying to gain some perspective on the raw nerve I touched. Also, I see that Harada is above reproach here, a god that walks among men.

I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. I'm just not afraid to speak up about it. Even in a temple of worshippers.

The fact is, I've weathered the storm of "bad Tekken decisions" before. I've played every one since the first, when they were new. In the arcades, even. I've seen the good ones (Tag1), and the bad ones (T4), then was relieved when it got back on track with 5.

I know from your limited perspective it seems I'm ungrateful, but I've been more loyal for far longer than most of these "fans", and probably spent 10x the money in the long run. I've earned an opinion on this, and I'm sorry if it offends you.

GrayFoxPL

What characters are your mains again? Are they in the game? Just trying to gain some perspective on the raw nerve I touched. Also, I see that Harada is above reproach here, a god that walks among men.

I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. I'm just not afraid to speak up about it. Even in a temple of worshippers.

The fact is, I've weathered the storm of "bad Tekken decisions" before. I've played every one since the first, when they were new. In the arcades, even. I've seen the good ones (Tag1), and the bad ones (T4), then was relieved when it got back on track with 5.

I know from your limited perspective it seems I'm ungrateful, but I've been more loyal for far longer than most of these "fans", and probably spent 10x the money in the long run. I've earned an opinion on this, and I'm sorry if it offends you.

You've gone batshit angry because they actually delivered on something they promised to do. It's like you've thrown out of your mind the campaign for a new character and poll we all voted and talked over here for long.
But you are so outrageously offended that they made a new character but didn't give you Yoshi, yet. Thats childish. You clearly don't give a fuck about anything other then this to the point that over that little thing you're willing to spit in Harada's face during your comical outburst of rage. What a loyal fan you are. Yeah how dare they work for a second on something that isn't to your liking. Pathetic.

You've gone batshit angry because they actually delivered on something they promised to do. It's like you've thrown out of your mind the campaign for a new character and poll we all voted and talked over here for long.
But you are so outrageously offended that they made a new character but didn't give you Yoshi, yet. Thats childish. You clearly don't give a fuck about anything other then this to the point that over that little thing you're willing to spit in Harada's face during your comical outburst of rage. What a loyal fan you are. Yeah how dare they work for a second on something that isn't to your liking. Pathetic.
Wow. I really did touch a nerve. The fact they even consider a poll for a new char without finishing the current roster shows their lack of vision. But you, who seemingly has everything they want, follows behind in goose step formation, freely accepting any garbage Namco produces because "fuck it, I got what *I* wanted"! If anyone is ungrateful, it's fans like you who want "everything free, and we want it now".

Anyways, personal attacks huh? I guess I shouldn't expect more from a modern day fan. The resort to name calling always signifies a loser in any situation. Congrats.

GrayFoxPL

Wow. I really did touch a nerve. The fact they even consider a poll for a new char without finishing the current roster shows their lack of vision. But you, who seemingly has everything they want, follows behind in goose step formation, freely accepting any garbage Namco produces because "fuck it, I got what *I* wanted"! If anyone is ungrateful, it's fans like you who want "everything free, and we want it now".

Anyways, personal attacks huh? I guess I shouldn't expect more from a modern day fan. The resort to name calling always signifies a loser in any situation. Congrats.

isIX7zTLGgYAr.gif

How hard did you weep while writing this post?

Yes I'm a modern day fan if today was 1996 when I played Tekken 2 for 11 hours a day and I played one of the only arcades in Poland that had Tekken 1 in 1995. And there was nothing in 1995 in Poland, lol.

No one will believe you ever were a fan from the beginning since you're acting like a self important brat with little too big ego and oh I-must-think-so-hard reply that couldn't touch anyone who finished grade school.

Top Bottom