• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Manbig

I've learned that the fighting gets worse from players the high you go.

Also, anyone have tips on Kuma? Haven't really been playing him a lot since T3 but I just unlocked him and wouldn't mind picking him up.

Random f,f+2.

When at range 0, mix up his Hellsweep and Twin Pistons.

Oh, and don't forget the Hunting Stance gimmicks.

That's about all I know (and about all you need for 99.9% of the competition)

Random f,f+2.

When at range 0, mix up his Hellsweep and Twin Pistons.

Oh, and don't forget the Hunting Stance gimmicks.

That's about all I know (and about all you need for 99.9% of the competition)

Thx. I think just knowing those few things help.

I actually would have an easier time playing Kuma if he didnt have a stance... it's weird but I always have a harder time playing stance characters.

Been messing with some fun with Dragunov's f+3, df, to either 1+2 or 2, and maybe 3... it's a nice way to close gaps for me and throws off the opponent thinking I can't transition from my f+3 into anything else... it's great cuz it auto goes straight into any moves that use a QCF motion.

Hit highest rank

well, better start playing again!

bnr_update.jpg

Lee and Christie Monteiro added to the roster.
Highest rank cap raised to 23 DAN (Suzaku).
"Premium Daily bonus" added, you can achieve 1 a day by using a premium ticket in any mode.
New bonus for players that achieve the highest rank and keep a 10 win streak added. You're opponent has to be no less then 2 rank below yours to count in the streak.
New Premium Effects and character costumes added to the PSN store.
Additional daily bonus for logging in over 110 days.

Manbig

No love for Marduk. :(

Also, it's a joke that they added those premium tickets that people have to pay for, but never fixed the frequently occurring lag bug that breaks rooms.

GrayFoxPL

well, better start playing again!

bnr_update.jpg

Lee and Christie Monteiro added to the roster.
Highest rank cap raised to 23 DAN (Suzaku).
"Premium Daily bonus" added, you can achieve 1 a day by using a premium ticket in any mode.
New bonus for players that achieve the highest rank and keep a 10 win streak added. You're opponent has to be no less then 2 rank below yours to count in the streak.
New Premium Effects and character costumes added to the PSN store.
Additional daily bonus for logging in over 110 days.

YEEEEEES!

irB0vOQi2itEH.gif

I was just about making a post: "I stopped playing, waiting till they add Lee".

I'll be back on Revo when Excellent Lee lands.

Gimme trailer!

Doomshine

Couple of things I've seen in the new update...

Miguel glitch not fixed, new stage (oil rig) and you now fall face up after a balcony break instead of the awkward face down bound from before.

GrayFoxPL

I wasted so much money on this today. :(

Lee impressions:

Invincible:
Mist Flash (new move) df+3+4
It's a kick that looks like ff+4 but left kick and with spin. Pretty sure they mashed in animation frames from ff+3 and ff+4. Is stationary, doesn't move character an inch. Looks cool.

Criticals:
f+2,1
ff+3
db+3+4
d,db+4(blazing kick)

Changes:
ws+2,3 is back to T6 version :(.
I only connected with ff+3 but it was super hard!
After fc, uf+4(somersault) and doing ws+2,3 it was possible to continue juggle.
Even if ws+2 whiffs and 3 hits on normal or ch opponent still flips and flies away out of range.
Only plus it gives big frame advantage and pretty high wall splat near wall.

Maybe dudes with better and faster execution can connect jabs after this?

D+4,4,4,4 is more useless then ever.
Forth 4 is always blocked even if previous 4,4,4 hit. Opponent can even invincible after third 4. No need to block.

wr+3,4 still gives (fake) bound. If first 3 was whiffed or blocked the 4 follow up still gives bound on hit.
Of course the move only splats if opponent is already airborne.

Old ff+1+2 is now f+1+2
Revolution Zwei notation changed to df+1+2,3

1,2,4 may not be natural combo. Dude blocked 4 when I hit him with 1,2,4. Hope I just held 4 a frame too long. This would be retarded nerf.

ub+3 send opponent flying low(no juggle), ch has the old techable sitdown stun.

Mist step works as always. Mist step wall carry combos work.

Gameplay impressions:

I played tones of Tag2 Lee and lately I leveled up with him. I came with the same mindset to Revo Lee.

They kinda fucked him up :(.

Blazing kick is critical but before you scream broken let me tell you this:

They changed juggle properties after it hits. Usually you go UF+4 the delayed damaging hop kick then just 1,2 f mist step or b+2 f mist step etc.

You can't do it easy here. After the delayed(floating) hopkick opponent falls further away and out of range of jabs. It's still possible to combo with 1,2 but you have to hit with hopkick at specific high(and there are like 3-4 hight levels where hopkick will make opponent fall differently) or you have to be really blazing fast with dash jabs.
It's bit easier to hit with b+1,1~f mist step cancel after hopkick then 1,2.

After blazing kick you can still use 4,u3 then 1,2 mist step for big damage but 4,u3 must hit opponent perfectly high. Still feels easier then hopkick combo lol.

To minimize risk I recommend ff+4 instead of hopkick, makes for easy 1,2 or b+2 mist step combo after it.

Yeah you can wall carry with him like before but damage scaling hits him hard so wall combos after long wall carry took away like 4 pixels of health.

df+3+4 has kinda bad notation. About 3 times opponent was running at me with a jump kick so I did df+3+4 and... Lee goes into hitman and gets kicked in the face.
iPAkJiNgoWQbq.gif

Playing him like in Tag2 gave me a series of loses. I had to buy reset drink and take away all points from Jin to beef up Lee because he did no damage. Still gave me loses.

Mist step mixups, b+4 traps etc. You can throw in the thrash. The retarded invincibles just make Tag2/T6 Lee playstyle almost absolute.

I got so pissed.

Then I understood how they want me to play Revo Lee...

Hold to your chairs.

f+2,1 and ff+3

This is all you need to play and win with Revolution Lee.

ff+3 is like deathfist now but better. I'm not kidding. When I beefed Lee from Jin resources to 111 power and 80 vigor. Ch critical ff+3 took 48-49% of my opponent's health bar. This is at 111 imagine 200.

f+2,1 is no worse. Probably best punish next to ewgf but 100 times easier to use. Punishes so much shit with such ease it's ridiculous. It's critical, ch hits most of the time. Does 35-40% and above damage.

I'm not joking around.

It's like the game told me: "Dude, why are you doing all this fancy useless shit when one hit with f+2,1 and ff+3 is all you need".
And it's true.

I turned on Retard Lee Mode and guess what? Started winning with those 2 moves.

So yeah I'm disappointed. It's not all bad but they did everything to dumb down Lee to those 2 moves. Fancy juggles still look cool but then you see half of opponent's health bar gone from ff+3 and ask: "What was the point again?"

As far as general feel goes I think they've changed some frames of moves here and there but I can't tell you for sure. Can't count frames. Some stuff feels slower, some faster by a tiny margin. General damage feels lower. 3,3 definitely doesn't kill anymore etc.

I'd rather have Lee beefed up from all sides by a little bit then nerfed in almost everything but 2 moves that are made godly :(.

ibnMWAnZ0ZH7rl.gif

Quick Christe impressions:

Annoying as fuck.

Some criticals:

df+3+4

4~3(?) (double leg sweep)

f+3+4(?) the forward cartwheel everyone does on downed opponent.

Sorry I'm guessing notations, don't use her. ><

Still juggles like crazy tough.

She felt more dangerous to fight against then in Tag2. More frame advantage maybe.
iZQ4jC3Zbd0UC.gif

Edit:Game has new menu music!

GrayFoxPL

CPU Christie did the invincible on me and it looked like it was a sped up version of the unblockable.

One dude was playing her in ranked. He killed me with relaxed stance, ff+3 went over it. K....

I won the second time by spaming fff+3,4 and f+2,1 (advanced tactic adjustment :p)

DEATH™

She looks good.

All the girls have this young teen face mod. Xiaoyu looks like 3 year old though.

She looks ok... Believe it or not, people of asian descent look younger than that on their teens... I guess I'm pretty used to it, but some people won't lol

GrayFoxPL

DEATH&#8482;;88196191 said:
She looks ok... Believe it or not, people of asian descent look younger than that on their teens... I guess I'm pretty used to it, but some people won't lol

I know I love asian cinema. But let's be honest no one in Tekken looks asian it's just game's artstyle, but Xiaoyu looks like a baby, they just went too far. She was always designed as a schoolgirl but at least she looked kinda adult in Tag2. She's 20 or 21 so it's about time, but no in Revo she suddenly got face of an infant even by Tekken's "Forever Young" standards.

Edit:
imAiJJGfFhvk5.jpg

Lulz.

GrayFoxPL

Yo Boss post, thanks for the impressions! :)

I NEED to know, can invincibles hit Christie out of Relax????

Thanks!

That's a really interesting question.

Like I said Lee's ff+3 whiffed on relax and that shit hits on knee level.

Lee's invincible looks like mid-high kick without any forward movement and I'm almost sure it'll whiff, but Jin's d+1 or Paul's d+1+2 are likely to hit. I'll try to look for it tomorrow.

DEATH™

Yeah you're right... Looking at them side to side, they went a tidy bit too far...

Makes me love TTT2 faces more too :p

(But in all seriousness, Rev design is tad bit too anime... It's nice to have the "heavenly" light filter and the reanimation on the intros but I wish they did that to TTT2...)

Wait, when did she become 20/21?

I think she's 19 on T4/T5/T6 since those tourneys happened almost simultaneously. She's around 19-20 at least now...

Erigu

DEATH&#8482;;88215539 said:
I think she's 19 on T4/T5/T6 since those tourneys happened almost simultaneously. She's around 19-20 at least now...
She's still in highschool, so I doubt it.

EDIT: Just checked, and in that particular school, she could be a student and still up to 20. Still, I believe she was 16 in Tekken 3, and Tekken 4 was 2 years later. So... 18? Maybe 19?

GrayFoxPL

She's still in highschool, so I doubt it.

EDIT: Just checked, and in that particular school, she could be a student and still up to 20. Still, I believe she was 16 in Tekken 3, and Tekken 4 was 2 years later. So... 18? Maybe 19?

19 in T6 and in Tag2 she looks few years older. Even if it's non canon. In T7 she'll probably look even older then her Tag2 model that is upgraded from T6. There's no reason her face got reverted to child in Revolution other then some T3 nostalgia from Tekken Team and maybe some crazy fans.

DEATH™

19 in T6 and in Tag2 she looks few years older. Even if it's non canon. In T7 she'll probably look even older then her Tag2 model that is upgraded from T6. There's no reason her face got reverted to child in Revolution other then some T3 nostalgia from Tekken Team and maybe some crazy fans.

This explains all...

:lol:

the whole face thing makes me think they are going back to like what the girls were looking like more when they were first made... though nina dosnt look like her PS1 days at all for good.

I know I love asian cinema. But let's be honest no one in Tekken looks asian it's just game's artstyle, but Xiaoyu looks like a baby, they just went too far. She was always designed as a schoolgirl but at least she looked kinda adult in Tag2. She's 20 or 21 so it's about time, but no in Revo she suddenly got face of an infant even by Tekken's "Forever Young" standards.

Edit:
imAiJJGfFhvk5.jpg

Lulz.

Personally, I always liked the female faces in TTT2 better. They are more realistic looking and detailed imo. It's pretty funny that DOA5 went the more realistic route with their female models and Tekken went more anime with their female models.

GrayFoxPL

I hit out christe out of relaxed even with Lee's invincible but they've pushed a button.

Crazy fact: with fff+3,4 Lee can jump over Law's invincible and bound him. Trololol.
It's not even rare. When you knock Law down and run at him Law player mashes invincible it's the perfect timing for fff+3,4 Lee totally avoids the hit box and bounds Law with fff+(3),4

Did it like 20+ times, not hard to score.

GrayFoxPL

Easy Death. In the real thing she blinks and shit.

Well, she doesn't shit but that would be best character entrance ever.

Btw. Turbo Battle is hilarious, only missing Benny Hill music.

Doomshine

Ok so I fought some more Feng players and f+3,4 is not even -14?? Who the the hell thought this was a good idea? I have to punish with jabs as Miguel!

Kumubou

Btw. Turbo Battle is hilarious, only missing Benny Hill music.
When's TTTT? :< I like how they keep adding all of these random modes like it but they never released the original mod. (They should have made it part of Tekken Hybrid imo).

Ok so I fought some more Feng players and f+3,4 is not even -14?? Who the the hell thought this was a good idea? I have to punish with jabs as Miguel!
:blink: What? Why would they do that? Did someone make a typo when entering the move's properties in the game or something?

GrayFoxPL

:blink: What? Why would they do that? Did someone make a typo when entering the move's properties in the game or something?

But I get hit way less with it here then in Tag2. Like there's more time to react?

I'm not that ballsy but I'm almost sure you can sidestep after blocking first 3.

I hope they'll patch something for Lee:

db+3+4 is grass snake, nice annoying low

d,db+4 is blazing kick but...

d,db+3+4 is blazing kick too!

iNt7V98I5HGd1.gif

When I want to go for grass snake i get random BK ><

During a fight it's like a lottery I don't know what will come out! Harada pls fix the command so BK doesn't come out with 3+4 but only 4.

Lot's of gift points during Moku Festival.
276000 gift points. Unlocked 2 other characters:
Kuma - of course...
Feng

Edit:
There's a first picture of Vampire Girl on avoidingthepuddle.com

It's not a scan but a photo of a paper so I don't know if it's allowed.

She looks like Anna with horns and weren't they redesigning her to not look like that? I dunno lol.

Top Bottom