• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
If you like Magic, I say get Magic 2014, but be aware that the RNG still sucks. The biggest addition are the freedom to actually remove lands now and the sealed slots where you can make 2 decks. Buying additional slots cost as dlc up to 20 slots now. If those features don't interest you, skip the game.
Can't help you on the others.

can you add lands and remove other cards?
It's a travesty and not worth the name Hitman.

what if you just want a TPS with a bald guy and some sneaky shit?

Jedi2016

I hope people give Lords of Shadow a chance.
I've been eyeballing it for a while, and I saw it was already on sale, I figured it would get an even better daily/flash discount. So yeah, I jumped on it. No idea when I'll get around to playing it, but at least it's in my collection now.

Turfster

I still have my three spares. There's no logo, and I can't trade them until January 23rd, but they haven't disappeared.

motorrock0wd35.jpg

I got that "no trading because you've been a bad boy" thing yesterday too. It's basically the steam website being confused. As long as you have the "send gift" key, you can send it.

Derrick01

Banned
Came home and saw Splinter Cell as a deal, thought I was finally going to be able to play it, but then saw that price. You're out of your minds Ubisoft.

I hope people give Lords of Shadow a chance.

They should, it's the best god of war game of last generation. Up there with GoW 2 in overall quality.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Someone said that the DayZ devs "didn't want a lot of people playing it." Why is this? Too buggy atm?

Dean Hall, the lead developer, is very honest about the state of the game. It's an alpha release, not a finished game and he wanted to make sure no one was expecting something more.

I don't really miss them because of the big one I mostly got all those the first few years they did sales but it seems that Publisher packs are no longer a steam holiday/summer sale thing?

Just wondering.

lol reminds me, if anyone wants blacklist, i have a uplay code from nvidia that ill give ya for $10 or less, just pm me ;)

how is trine 2? I know its fucking gorgeous, but is the game fun? I thought the first one was ok/good.

Gvaz

Banned
Absolutely.

fucking finally. Some of the cards in the 2013 Act of War deck are garbage situational shit and I hate them. It needs like 3-5 more lands instead honestly because the rng likes to fuck me.

Also I would hate the "boss fights" much less if they weren't one trick ponies that ALWAYS on the first turn or three get their game defining creature or artifact that you can never remove because they have 234324 of them instead of the legal limit of 4. It's game breaking.

Keirnoth

Banned
It must be quite disappointing to craft an Unparalleled item only to discover it's for a game no one plays or cares about.

Hardcore fuckin' LOL. The fuck "I don't know" in that screenshot. You know exactly why and you had to have seen it coming from several thousand kilometers away.

that sucks :(

The issue here is if you actually followed the development of the game after release the (admittedly ignorant or at the worst stupid) devs realized that pulling assets from another game was a bad idea and were actually releasing patches at a very rapid rate to remove and/or modify the potentially infringing material. I think part of the issue is a ton of people saw TotalBiscuit's video and played armchair copyright lawyers by reporting the game to Valve. It's almost like 4chan's /b/ army, but just as uninformed.

They actually patched out a lot of this stuff in an almost daily basis (Larry's voice isn't there anymore), but I guess it was too little too late for them.

The thing is, unlike a lot of cheap crappy knockoffs, the core gameplay was pretty solid - controls were great, weapons had a lot of variety, cars handled well and were very responsive to turning, etc. It was just ruined by the dev team's poor handling of the assets. You could tell a lot of effort was placed into making the game exactly like the original, which was what of course did them in.

ezekial45

Banned
Has anyone tried playing Max Payne 3 recently? I finished downloading this morning, but it said that it failed to connect to the server. Is there a fix, or do I have to wait it out.

Miker

They had an Autumn sale this year, so maybe there's a chance for a spring sale? Or did they have one last year as well?

I think you mean the Autumn/Thanksgiving sale that happens every year. I used to buy a bunch of stuff during that sale in the previous years, but this year I learned my lesson and didn't buy anything because it's the same price (or lower) in the Winter sale.

But yeah, Steam really needs a big Spring sale. It seems like an obvious thing to do, given that there's no big sales between January and July.

Dean Hall, the lead developer, is very honest about the state of the game. It's an alpha release, not a finished game and he wanted to make sure no one was expecting something more.

Technically the game is pretty solid. Surprisingly solid for an alpha, in fact. I can honestly say the only issues I have with it right now are questionable design choices, like the pitch black nights that are completely devoid of color.

kAmui-

How is Reus? From what I've seen it looks kinda interesting but at the same time it looks like it could get really repetitive.

Turfster

Has anyone tried playing Max Payne 3 recently? I finished downloading this morning, but it said that it failed to connect to the server. Is there a fix, or do I have to wait it out.

R*'s DRM servers probably had a meltdown again.
Give it a few days.

How is Reus? From what I've seen it looks kinda interesting but at the same time it looks like it could get really repetitive.

Really, really grindy.

Can't decide on Arma 3... it's the only thing on sale today that's on my wishlist, but it's still hard to justify at that price, especially given the fact that I'm not even sure if I'll enjoy a game like that.

How's Contagion? It's from the same guys who made ZPS, right?

I grabbed it on the previous sale for the same price that it's going for now, played it for a bit and i was pleasantly surprised.

Guns sound and feel good and there are some neat features like bullet penetration so it's fun when you get to deliver headshots behind wooden doors, etc.

Movement also has feedback so i actually felt like i had weight when i was moving around and as far as the visuals go it looks pretty good.

The zombies are the oldschool Romero type ones so some of them just stand facing a wall until you get close, others try to run, some of them bang on doors until they bring em down, etc

There's also a stamina bar and you'll have to scavenge for ammo and weapons and try to reserve them a bit although you do actually get quite a few and ammo is not as scarce as say DayZ. Also, according to my experience with the game, each time you play a map different weapons spawn so one time you might find an MP5K another a TEC-9, etc.

For its current price it's a no-brainer in my book.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got that "no trading because you've been a bad boy" thing yesterday too. It's basically the steam website being confused. As long as you have the "send gift" key, you can send it.

Apparently the trading restriction doesn't apply, anyway. I sent an offer to my secondary account and it went through just fine, though admittedly, since Steam won't load on my laptop, I didn't try to accept it, but I assume that if the trading restriction were actually in place that the gifts wouldn't have shown up in the window.

Mattiator

Hello all this is an extra key that came on instructions in my Metro Last Light retail version. I cannot guarantee it will work, but from what I read all around the retail came with two instructions and both keys will work.
Thanks and happy holidays!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro Last Light -- MB-5CBC25229C0EB07E - Taken by ambar_hitman. 70 entrants total.

Turfster

Does Hard Reset get considerably better beyond the demo area?

I gave up in the second level after a monster popup closet in a narrow corridor that bounces you back into flames and makes everything explode around you.

Apparently the trading restriction doesn't apply, anyway. I sent an offer to my secondary account and it went through just fine, though admittedly, since Steam won't load on my laptop, I didn't try to accept it, but I assume that if the trading restriction were actually in place that the gifts wouldn't have shown up in the window.

Yep. It's the website being confused, like when it says you don't have cookies enabled in the client, or it can't find something in your inventory to sell.

I have yet to receive snow globes for the first 20 minutes or so of the sale. Spent $30+ and still no cards.

Put in a ticket with Valve moments later and they haven't bothered to respond. Seems I'm likely fucked

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Technically the game is pretty solid. Surprisingly solid for an alpha, in fact. I can honestly say the only issues I have with it right now are questionable design choices, like the pitch black nights that are completely devoid of color.

It would be cause for concern otherwise? I think you mean there is a paucity of other night conditions outside of pitch black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom