• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

LoveCake

Honestly, I've been avoiding learning how to drift since the game came out. Every time I've tried to incorporate it into my racing, my times just end up being slower and my turns have been sloppier. I guess it's time to start learning. Got any examples of a hot wheels drifting setup? (Thanks for the vid, btw)

I did all the HotWheels drift zones with the Porsche 918 and the ones I couldn't three star with that I did with the 1974 Toyota Celica GT with Don Joewon Song tune.

I would advise not to learn to drift on the HotWheels tracks, one reason is because off the weird surface and the second because most turns are banked.

I have never been any good at drifting, but I have got better, one thing to remember is even when drifting is that you still need to slow down into the corners.

As far as I am concerned, any tune that Don Joewon Song has done, look at the speed he is going when drifting, it's mostly 70mph to 90mph.

You just have to learn it, once you get a feel for it then you have it and get better at it.

Been switching a lot between PC and xbox one, PC version seems great now at least. Getting 144 fps (gsync) consistent on a 1080 with the dynamic mode setup. I have an elite controller on both so no problems switching back and forth, and the sync is fast for the save stuff.

Really nice way to highlight how great cross-play is on the Windows platform. Got up to 40 stars on my xbox and then the rest up to goliath on my PC.

Fox Mulder

I love when the game just shits itself.

Just had a complete console crash out of nowhere on lap 9 of a 10 lap Goliath to push me to lvl 1000.

I love when the game just shits itself.

Just had a complete console crash out of nowhere on lap 9 of a 10 lap Goliath to push me to lvl 1000.

I feel you man :(

I had heard about the game's tendency to crash on really long races, but it still blows.

In other news, I've started working my way through the HW championships, I have to admit it's pretty nice to do the preset ones, gets me to drive some different cars after sticking with the 918, 959 and same old HE cars for so long. Broke out my Maloo again, and much fun was had.

Klocker

Quesion... On Blizzard mountain, does that snow race track (with blue lines in upper NW corner) open up races on it when you get to the last leg of the King of mountain?

The Stig

so on the hot wheels expansion.

once i got to s1 class i cannot win. i'll drive perfectly with no sliping, bumps etc and then out of nowhere 3 or 4 AIs fly by me.

its as if a rubber band AI just wakes up and pulls us together. doesnt matter the car.............. or the opponent difficulty level. i think this expansion really tightened the rubber band

Fox Mulder

They're on different physics.

You see it in the regular game, but the hot wheels tracks have long turns and corkscrews they have an advantage on.

You should still beat them on unbeatable with top speed though.

Severely disappointed with the GTR Black edition, spent millions getting the HE and after more than three dozen setups there's not a single one that makes this car decent. Grip setups with terrible understeer, drift builds that make the car go in circles.

Back to my Chevelle I go, hopefully the M4 HE won't be this disappointing.

Severely disappointed with the GTR Black edition, spent millions getting the HE and after more than three dozen setups there's not a single one that makes this car decent. Grip setups with terrible understeer, drift builds that make the car go in circles.

That sucks to hear, especially since the regular GTR Black is a pretty great car.

E: THANK YOU FOX MULDER!!! <3

That sucks to hear, especially since the regular GTR Black is a pretty great car.

Some cars sometimes just won't match with the driver's style. That's probably what's happening here, I really tried but there are enough good cars that I like to drive instead of wasting my time with this one.

Mohasus

The worst part of the Hot Wheels Expansion is that the Mini Cooper '65 HE is terrible for it. :'(

Hands down the most fun car to drive in the game. Hopefully the other Mini Cooper HE will be too, if it ever appears in the game.

The worst part of the Hot Wheels Expansion is that the Mini Cooper '65 HE is terrible for it. :'(

Hands down the most fun car to drive in the game. Hopefully the other Mini Cooper HE will be too, if it ever appears in the game.

Center of gravity is too high and rally springs too bouncy. Best cars for HW in my experience are the ones with lots of downforce.

rrs

I got one of those, I could cook a config up sometime today. Also, I've had to make my own drift builds for cars because the usual builds are just ass

Tinúviel

Love this car.

carrera178uol.png

carrera2yhuuy.png

I got one of those, I could cook a config up sometime today. Also, I've had to make my own drift builds for cars because the usual builds are just ass

Wow, I would appreciate that if possible. If you do not have enough time no problem, I understand.

Rip Paul.

Got a chuckle out of this, thanks.

Not at the loss of Walker, of course, what with his having been a swell guy and all, but I can't roll my eyes hard enough at how any and all mention of the Carrera GT prompts reflexive condolences for his untimely demise.

KRaZyAmmo

So I checked out Stevio2175's tune and I was actually able to get above 550ft a lot more consistently (although sometimes I still come up short). I think I can use his tune to get the Huracan HE.

Castaway

Tinúviel;237405978 said:
What is this legendary painter thing exactly?

The more downloads, uses, and likes a painter or tuner receives for all the designs or tunes they've shared, the higher their Painter or Tuner rank. The highest rank is legend.

The higher your rank, the more you can charge for cars in the auction house. Some people complain this isn't fair (and those probably aren't the people who have earned a higher rank for their creations, and get to benefit from it).

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem. The car will more than likely be made available again in a future #Forzathon event.

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem.

Uh you do know that not everyone played at the same time, right? Many came after certain cars were gone / unobtainable, so there's no way to go around that if you want certain cars.

Just tried the setup, amazing how it actually turns now. Thanks a lot.

Fox Mulder

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem. The car will more than likely be made available again in a future #Forzathon event.

Sometimes I'm lazy and don't bother doing an event. If you want a 918 now, you're only option is to throw down big cash.

I also wouldn't confidently claim that cars will be available in future events. They've only done that like once.

Gaenor

Banned
Hmmm, I can't find any street races on my map. I've maxed out 3 out of 4 festival sites (still need to do Surfers Paradise).

What am I missing ?

LoveCake

Hmmm, I can't find any street races on my map. I've maxed out 3 out of 4 festival sites (still need to do Surfers Paradise).

What am I missing ?

Challenge some drivatars by driving behind them and hitting (X) to Head-to-Head races (you can just drive to the finish as there are no checkpoints in these races), that should trigger the street races which ultimately unlock the Midnight Battles (there are checkpoints in these races) where you can win the opponents car.

So I checked out Stevio2175's tune and I was actually able to get above 550ft a lot more consistently (although sometimes I still come up short). I think I can use his tune to get the Huracan HE.

Not that far away, hope you get it.

What you need is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Don Jowong Song Edition, I do agree I got the one below for a few million CR's and it's not spectacular, but it's still very nice to drive, I think that what happens is that people tune cars up to S2 where there isn't a need to, if the tune is good then you can have more fun in a A or S1 class than in a S2-998 I have found.

m5BbRPYl.jpg

Look for Don Jowong Song in the tunes, I think that is his design as well.

I don't know, I have seen the CGT going for CR-250,000 buyout and anything less than CR-1m is getting snapped up faster then the CGT goes from 0mph to 1mph, on the bidding they are going for around CR-1.5m, once this weekend is over they will rise in price I think, not to the levels of the 918 though, but I don't understand why anyone would have a buyout set so low, it makes no sense at all.

Tinúviel;237377436 said:
Love this car.

I agree!

This is my S1 CGT.

Nc439Syl.jpg

Top Bottom