• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

So I bought the expansion pass. I'm trying to do blizzard mountain first. As I understand it, I have to have 3 festivals open.

I do, but Blizzard mountain is still locked and tells me to play more.

Is there something else I have to do?

You need to have the Outback festival unlocked, the fast travel point to BM is there.

drotahorror

You need to have the Outback festival unlocked, the fast travel point to BM is there.

From Turn10's FAQ
Some of my menu items are greyed out; I can't access the Car Meet or Blizzard Mountain.
Unlocking the full menu requires career gameplay progress. Blizzard Mountain becomes accessible when you select your third Festival Site. (200,000 fans)^

Judging from the FAQ, I don't need the Outback festival.

Thats a bug with the PC version at the moment, they're working on a fix right now for it

So Blizzard Mountain isn't accessible on PC?

willbsn13

From Turn10's FAQ

Judging from the FAQ, I don't need the Outback festival.

So Blizzard Mountain isn't accessible on PC?

For some users yes, at the moment it's not accessible. Over on the forums a few devs said they're working on a fix, no idea when it'll come though unfortunately

drotahorror

For some users yes, at the moment it's not accessible. Over on the forums a few devs said they're working on a fix, no idea when it'll come though unfortunately

I'm thinking it's because I didn't do the outback festival for my 3rd one. It was the only option that it gave me but on my map I saw another one so I went to that one.

I bought a $40 gift card for this and it's broken though. Nice.

I did make a "Money, Money, Money" blueprint for Goliath, you can only use the Ford GT and it was six laps, and using the Triple XP and Double Money perks, as shown here.

It is really the XP that I need now to level up faster, it's about 90,000 now for me to level up and it takes ages, I did try and blueprint a Goliath with some perks and even this 'Forza Horizon 3 - 250,000XP in 10 MINUTES - The New Best XP Method' which I couldn't get to work,

I haven't done any Goliath runs for a while now, using the Money, Money, Money one I can get about CR-1m and 700,000 XP so I level up about seven times but I have to do this every day for three days to use the perk up and it gets tiring basically, I know you have to work to level up but I am after a quicker way tbh.

Wow, I was doing that highway run thing even before seeing that video. I have a Chevelle though, still saving money for a GT-R or a Huracan. I got all my skills unlocked and I got the game what, 3 days ago max? It helped me a lot.

Poor Chevy isn't the best tool for the job, it handles like a boat, but for sub-500k I couldn't say no.

LoveCake

They've patched out exploits and grinding methods. The level gap also rises, as it takes me over 200k to level up now.

I'm not grinding efficiently in a non HE car, but it's not boring aggressively flying through Goliath in a Regera going for a top leaderboard time clean lap.

So the people like me who not long found out about this are the ones that miss out and suffer :(

Klocker

Wow, I was doing that highway run thing even before seeing that video. I have a Chevelle though, still saving money for a GT-R or a Huracan. I got all my skills unlocked and I got the game what, 3 days ago max? It helped me a lot.

Poor Chevy isn't the best tool for the job, it handles like a boat, but for sub-500k I couldn't say no.

Wait... This bucket list xp xp xp still works?

Wait... This bucket list xp xp xp still works?

No, I don't know about that bucket list in particular. I was doing the highway grind by myself, going one way then back. Should've been more clear.

EDIT: Just created a bucket list for XP and it worked here. Don't know if it is the value it was before, but I got many levels going up and down the highway with my skill bonus car.

Stats- 13:41 minutes, 27 skill points, 92k credits, 137k XP, without using any XP or credit booster.

Qse1Bkw.jpg

I'll try to get a better picture next time (plus a picture of the time I spent), I forgot to turn off the goddamn flash.

LoveCake

I got 560ft with assists on[/URL] and if you follow this guide I'd say it should be a cinch to get

when that time comes, that jump is gonna be the most frustrating jump ever. I can't consistently get around ~145 mph when I get to the jump

I have made a tune myself as I was having trouble getting a consistent 145mph also, using the same route as rss but with the tune I have made I am finding it easier to hit the ramp at a faster speed.

Just search - jump airport (or check my storefront) and see if it is any better?

No, I don't know about that bucket list in particular. I was doing the highway grind by myself, going one way then back. Should've been more clear.

EDIT: Just created a bucket list for XP and it worked here. Don't know if it is the value it was before, but I got many levels going up and down the highway with my skill bonus car.

Stats- 13:41 minutes, 27 skill points, 92k credits, 137k XP, without using any XP or credit booster.

I'll try to get a better picture next time (plus a picture of the time I spent), I forgot to turn off the goddamn flash.

I will have to have another look at this.

Klocker

Cool. Thx

KRaZyAmmo

I have made a tune myself as I was having trouble getting a consistent 145mph also, using the same route as rss but with the tune I have made I am finding it easier to hit the ramp at a faster speed.

Just search - jump airport (or check my storefront) and see if it is any better?

I will have to have another look at this.
I just got your pm and saw this post. I'll be sure to try it out. Did you also happen have stability control or traction control on with your tune? Is it possible to do with all those off?

rrs

Not bad! Wonder why people are getting rid of them so cheaply, I mean they are essentially one of a kind!
The audience for older cars isn't as close to the one for supercars, or someone selling the car for money to get something else.

It's comical how I can get a TVR for chump change on the auction house, although that is also a wheelspin car

LoveCake

I just got your pm and saw this post. I'll be sure to try it out. Did you also happen have stability control or traction control on with your tune? Is it possible to do with all those off?

Either.

Just got a 918 for 1.2m buyout, I guess that's a good deal? Also bought the '82 911 Turbo 3.3 for 30,000.

A bargain!

Not bad! Wonder why people are getting rid of them so cheaply, I mean they are essentially one of a kind!

On now some guy has five for sale all with a buyout of CR-20m and they are all highest bidder CR-10m.

LoveCake

I have made a slight change to the gearing, the tune is now called - jump airport 2

I don't know how to do videos, so here are some photos, these parts are key.

ReOylqyl.jpg

From this point on, these trees you need to be about 140mph, and you will have to keep re-winding back to this point a number of times because of this next part

LsQV4eol.jpg

Try and keep as flat as you can, and you need to hit the ramp heading slightly to the left, as in the video rss has made

ut93bB7l.jpg

Even the slightest nudge to the left or right can make a big difference to the length of the jump, I have been getting 550+ a couple of times.

I have tried to make the car stick to the ground so the wheels keep in as much contact as they can, I hope this helps people.

KRaZyAmmo

I have made a slight change to the gearing, the tune is now called - jump airport 2

I don't know how to do videos, so here are some photos, these parts are key.

ReOylqyl.jpg

From this point on, these trees you need to be about 140mph, and you will have to keep re-winding back to this point a number of times because of this next part

LsQV4eol.jpg

Try and keep as flat as you can, and you need to hit the ramp heading slightly to the left, as in the video rss has made

ut93bB7l.jpg

Even the slightest nudge to the left or right can make a big difference to the length of the jump, I have been getting 550+ a couple of times.

I have tried to make the car stick to the ground so the wheels keep in as much contact as they can, I hope this helps people.
Is this with traction control and stability control off?

Did the stunt jump with the AMG, 553+. Used Big Alan's setup, RRS video and all aids on (traction, abs, stability).

Thanks for the help, just gotta wait now.

LoveCake

Is this with traction control and stability control off?

I have tried with TC and SC on and off, it is better with both turned on.

It is not 100%, you just need to keep tweaking the run up, I have got over 550ft then re-wound and gone again doing what I did before and I got 540ft, something was ever-so slightly different.

Closer to the time there will be more tunes, videos and guides.

I'm having a terrible time finding a car that feels "right" turning on some of these curves. It's getting kind of frustrating.

Don't let the way AIs drive on the long curves fool you, they don't drive on the same physics which is BULLSHIT. Even the best handled cars will have to brake and control the throttle unless it is a B class hot hatch.

Fox Mulder

I'm having a terrible time finding a car that feels "right" turning on some of these curves. It's getting kind of frustrating.

Hot wheels tracks?

Just power through like a pinball, as top speed is more important than handling or braking correctly with the expansion.

LoveCake

Did the stunt jump with the AMG, 553+. Used Big Alan's setup, RRS video and all aids on (traction, abs, stability).

Thanks for the help, just gotta wait now.

Same, was able to do it without too much trouble with rewinds and those instructions.

Which tune, the jump airport 2 one or the jump airport?

Need more details, on this:

Is it the HotWheels tracks?

What car or cars are you using?

What tunes are you using?

Are you a drifter or a racer and by racer I mean, "slowing down, hitting the apex and then accelerating out of the turn" emphasizing on grip?

Cyanity

Banned
Which tune, the jump airport 2 one or the jump airport?

Need more details, on this:

Is it the HotWheels tracks?

What car or cars are you using?

What tunes are you using?

Are you a drifter or a racer and by racer I mean, "slowing down, hitting the apex and then accelerating out of the turn" emphasizing on grip?

Yes, I was referring to the hotwheels tracks. I've tried a few vehicles, such as the BAC mono, the Jaguar street racer I forget the name of, an old toyota, and a couple of hot wheels vehicles. I've only unlocked the S1 tracks so far. As for driving style, I've been playing with grip tunes and trying to drive through the races without hitting walls (and failing spectacularly, lol)

Yes, I was referring to the hotwheels tracks. I've tried a few vehicles, such as the BAC mono, the Jaguar street racer I forget the name of, an old toyota, and a couple of hot wheels vehicles. I've only unlocked the S1 tracks so far. As for driving style, I've been playing with grip tunes and trying to drive through the races without hitting walls (and failing spectacularly, lol)

Don't beat yourself up over it, it's almost impossible to race clean with the terrible AI anyway.

Maybe try turning on the braking line for a bit? Some of the corners are pretty tricky to find the line for.

LoveCake

he best car I found for S1 is a Ferrari F40 the second best is the Lamborghini Diablo, both with 4WD.

It is ok to hit the walls, side on slightly or with the rear corner of the car, do you have the driving line turned on? I have it for breaking zones only, you don't want to go in at huge speed, it is much better to brake then hit the wall.

I am from the grip side, what you need is to get into drifting for Horizon games, you don't need to be a drift master, but you need to learn to drift progressively, so the rear of the car steps out slightly.

The best way I can advise to learn how to drift better is with this car and tune on the drift challenge just outside the desert site
or anywhere else, have a look at some of the other comments from members in the comments after that post.
It is a monster, but it will help you get better at holding a car around and through corners, once you can get the 'feel' then you can do it with every car on any track and surface, you don't need to become a drift-king, but it really does help, the track surface on the HotWheels track is weird and even the top players/drivers are having to adjust from what I have heard and seen.

Cyanity

Banned
he best car I found for S1 is a Ferrari F40 the second best is the Lamborghini Diablo, both with 4WD.

It is ok to hit the walls, side on slightly or with the rear corner of the car, do you have the driving line turned on? I have it for breaking zones only, you don't want to go in at huge speed, it is much better to brake then hit the wall.

I am from the grip side, what you need is to get into drifting for Horizon games, you don't need to be a drift master, but you need to learn to drift progressively, so the rear of the car steps out slightly.

The best way I can advise to learn how to drift better is with this car and tune on the drift challenge just outside the desert site
or anywhere else, have a look at some of the other comments from members in the comments after that post.
It is a monster, but it will help you get better at holding a car around and through corners, once you can get the 'feel' then you can do it with every car on any track and surface, you don't need to become a drift-king, but it really does help, the track surface on the HotWheels track is weird and even the top players/drivers are having to adjust from what I have heard and seen.

Honestly, I've been avoiding learning how to drift since the game came out. Every time I've tried to incorporate it into my racing, my times just end up being slower and my turns have been sloppier. I guess it's time to start learning. Got any examples of a hot wheels drifting setup? (Thanks for the tip, btw)

Top Bottom