• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

KRaZyAmmo

The same here, I have rss's tune and after playing that jump for an hour this evening I managed 550ft twice and three quarters of that hour were rewinds, even just a nudge on the stick to the left or right can add or subtract a few feet, I think it can be done but it's going to take some time and patience on the day, if you don't have the Huracan HE already then it's well worth it, if you do have the car is it worth it for a couple of million credits in the auction house, I am the latter, but I am going to still give it a dam good go.

Did all the #FORZATHONS just now also.

Nope I never got the car. Even during wheel spins. So I'm gonna get this as long as it takes!

shagia

How did you guys get to the point where you're sitting on all this cash?

I'm currently not balling (because I'm always buying expensive cars for the sake of tuning them, I have maybe $2.7 million banked lol) but long sessions of multiplayer very much gives me a million every day or two days under the condition that I keep placing 3rd or above in XP championships (and if these lobbies are filled with players which they usually are, if not I look for another lobby)

shagia

i never would've thought being told im a mad driver and being complimented on a tune would've felt so good, i love this game lol

shagia

actually, I have a 918 I don't care for

do any of you want it? i'll pass it for cheap, I don't have any use for it so it just sits

shagia

I thought me and Lima had the auction down but a squatter literally took it in a split second

giphy.gif

Lima

What the actual fuck. We went into a party, timed it and shit and someone still managed to pick up the 918 before me. People actually sit at the 918 auction house page waiting to snag a cheap 918 what the hell. Well Fozzie save me.

terrible

Banned
What the actual fuck. We went into a party, timed it and shit and someone still managed to pick up the 918 before me. People actually sit at the 918 auction house page waiting to snag a cheap 918 what the hell. Well Fozzie save me.

Prepare to see that exact car show up in the auction house with a shitty tune and camo design for $5,000,000 in a few minutes.

shagia

Prepare to see that exact car show up in the auction house with a shitty tune and camo design for $5,000,000 in a few minutes.

ughhh christ, it's normally always a camo livery too. If that car ends up on the auction house with my name as the original owner I'm taking full blame

Arc07

If anyone not getting the GT2 after beating a rival? Beat six rivals so far with no achievement.

edit: None of the Forzathon achievements are unlocking for me. I did a ton of burnouts for the "Burn Free" achievement and nothing.

Klocker

I've got a few of those. I can put one up for cheap for you. But you'll have to act fast to pick it up. Yesterday I bought a 918 for 10M to sell it to Petran. Had set the buyout to 1.3M. It was gone in seconds and he missed out on it. Not even mad. :) We could probably do the Jag since it's not as expensive. Let me know and we'll work out a time we're both online.

Hey Zorbs that'd be great sending a pm
Thanks!

Klocker

If anyone not getting the GT2 after beating a rival? Beat six rivals so far with no achievement.

edit: None of the Forzathon achievements are unlocking for me. I did a ton of burnouts for the "Burn Free" achievement and nothing.

Maybe try restarting your game?

Edit: dp sorry

Mohasus

holy fuck this legendary tuner/painter thing is bullshit

I saw some 918 going for 10M and tried to sell my extra one.
Max Buyout 1,2M...

At least I could sell my sesto elemento for almost 3M easily.

Quote for some fun exploit

Klocker

holy fuck this legendary tuner/painter thing is bullshit

I saw some 918 going for 10M and tried to sell my extra one.
Max Buyout 1,2M...

At least I could sell my sesto elemento for almost 3M easily.

Quote for some fun exploit

Yes I found that out the hard way also lol.

Thought I was cashing in on my Ford 5 window and turns out the big numbers are legendary painters. They are buying them all up for 100k and selling for huge money.

Fox Mulder

That's crazy. There's not even a website for the auction house like with forza 2 if I recall correctly.

Just put some random car up for 10 million or whatever and I'll buy it.

RawNuts

They added Safe and Sound in the Blizzard Mountain update, and whatever the intro song is to Hot Wheels on the Hospital records station.
They're probably not too concerned with adding music when Groove is integrated anyway.

willbsn13

Just a random point

The first showcase now has 3,883,546 entries (from the rivals leaderboard)

Not bad!

EDIT: Also the Hot Wheels Expansion has 227,000 entries already (from the first b-class race, Epic Stunt Sprint on the rivals leaderboard)

zorbsie

This legendary tuner/painter thing is bogus. I've put 500+ hours into the game but I can only sell the 918 for max 1.3M. Do we even know what the requirements are to reach legendary status? What an awful way to ruin the auction house. And to add to the issue you can't gift money/cars to people. Ugh.

On a positive note those numbers look really good Willbsn13. Well deserved.

Got the game recently, is there still a GAF community going? I don't want money or cars, just people to hang out with.

Read the last pages and Forzathon is still bugged here.

shagia

This legendary tuner/painter thing is bogus. I've put 500+ hours into the game but I can only sell the 918 for max 1.3M. Do we even know what the requirements are to reach legendary status? What an awful way to ruin the auction house. And to add to the issue you can't gift money/cars to people. Ugh.

I think I've moved up a status level in my tunes, so I'm convinced it's a combination of getting likes and downloads. Does removing a tune / design not lower the price you can initially sell something for? Either way it's disappointing, I'm hoping they can make a secure gifting system for the next Forza games, that and just improve on the Auction House.

It feels primitive, the same way Forza 5 felt for me personally, even with the quick actions and advanced search features. Lack of refreshing, loading auctions is actually a bit of a pain, and there's no way to view them outside of the game it's self which is seriously something they should consider again.

Side note: does horizon 3 have a competitive scene or is that just a pipe dream

Lima

On a positive note those numbers look really good Willbsn13. Well deserved.

Yeah this confused me as well. I tried to put up a car for fozzie to buy for 10 mil but I can only set it to like 50k higher than the list price.

How the hell is a man supposed to make money like that.

LoveCake

Yeah this confused me as well. I tried to put up a car for fozzie to buy for 10 mil but I can only set it to like 50k higher than the list price.

How the hell is a man supposed to make money like that.

High buyout cars must be a HE car.

Strange, ended up kinda not liking using the Ford GT HE for my Goliath runs. Even though I managed to go 20s per lap faster than my Viper, the handling felt off. While I could hammer down and not even brake with the Viper during some sectors, the GT had me breaking a lot more.

Maybe it is the configuration that I got, dunno.

Lima

I love how things just go like that, someone tried to sell a 918 to his friend. The buyout price was 1.3 mil and 24 hours remaining. Fozzie had just bought my car for 10 mil so I was looking to buy a 918 for 10 mil and saw that.

Whew lad
user222437_pic71956_1majid.png

Fox Mulder

Strange, ended up kinda not liking using the Ford GT HE for my Goliath runs. Even though I managed to go 20s per lap faster than my Viper, the handling felt off. While I could hammer down and not even brake with the Viper during some sectors, the GT had me breaking a lot more.

Nothing beats the Regera on Goliath. It's like a fzero car. It makes grinding in a lesser car pretty boring.

I just went for a top 100 leaderboard time to justify making a little less xp and cash with a non HE car.

Nothing beats the Regera on Goliath. It's like a fzero car. It makes grinding in a lesser car pretty boring.

I just went for a top 100 leaderboard time to justify making a little less xp and cash with a non HE car.

I do plan on changing cars after I get at least the most expensive ones (all the HEs that have some use, 918, etc). Right now my only choices for money are the Viper or the GT if I want a sub / near 10 min car. I had fun doing it with the F150 and screamed my lungs out with the Dart (turn, goddamnit), but I'm still in my Min/Max period.

EDIT: I just remembered something, there's a guy in my drivatar lineup that uses a Regera, what a pain. Or at least I think it was that.

rrs

I do plan on changing cars after I get at least the most expensive ones (all the HEs that have some use, 918, etc). Right now my only choices for money are the Viper or the GT if I want a sub / near 10 min car. I had fun doing it with the F150 and screamed my lungs out with the Dart (turn, goddamnit), but I'm still in my Min/Max period.

EDIT: I just remembered something, there's a guy in my drivatar lineup that uses a Regera, what a pain. Or at least I think it was that.
sounds like me, although I don't like driving it since I need traction control or the car spins out 24/8

TheKeyPit

Banned
So, what's up with the ridiculous speed on some Drivatars in Hotwheels? I'm driving my Lambo up a looping full speed and from all of a sudden I get pushed by an SUV. WTF? Every time.

Why didn't they think about changing the brake line's color? Red on orange is a perfect fit...

So, what's up with the ridiculous speed on some Drivatars in Hotwheels? I'm driving my Lambo up a looping full speed and from all of a sudden I get pushed by an SUV. WTF? Every time.

Why didn't they think about changing the brake line's color? Red on orange is a perfect fit...
Haha yeah the rubber banding is really bad on some of the races.

Fox Mulder

Drivatars use different physics and benefit from the long turns in this environment.

LoveCake

Not entirely true. The 918 is not a HE car. The highest buyout for it that I've seen is 20M. When I went to sell a double of mine the highest I could put was 1.3M. That was not cool.

The HE cars do have a higher limit as a default from what I have seen, and yes the 918 has a high buyout, I wonder if it's certain cars that have a high limit, maybe due to the amount of them about?

I use the Ford GT HE also.

I did make a "Money, Money, Money" blueprint for Goliath, you can only use the Ford GT and it was six laps, and using the Triple XP and Double Money perks, as shown here.

It is really the XP that I need now to level up faster, it's about 90,000 now for me to level up and it takes ages, I did try and blueprint a Goliath with some perks and even this 'Forza Horizon 3 - 250,000XP in 10 MINUTES - The New Best XP Method' which I couldn't get to work,

I haven't done any Goliath runs for a while now, using the Money, Money, Money one I can get about CR-1m and 700,000 XP so I level up about seven times but I have to do this every day for three days to use the perk up and it gets tiring basically, I know you have to work to level up but I am after a quicker way tbh.

Fox Mulder

They've patched out exploits and grinding methods. The level gap also rises, as it takes me over 200k to level up now.

I'm not grinding efficiently in a non HE car, but it's not boring aggressively flying through Goliath in a Regera going for a top leaderboard time clean lap.

I had a question about the new expansion... and it's a dumb question.
In the loop sections, if you're not travelling fast enough, can you fall off?.. and is it possible to stop upside down and take some photos?

Fox Mulder

I had a question about the new expansion... and it's a dumb question.
In the loop sections, if you're not travelling fast enough, can you fall off?.. and is it possible to stop upside down and take some photos?

You can fall off, I doubt some D class cars can even make the loops.

drotahorror

Guess I had to travel there.

Only problem is is perpetually loads. I don't have any issues at all with the game, Windows 10, but Blizzard Mountain just won't load.

Top Bottom