• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Animal Crossing New Leaf

tumblr_monj1gL2zN1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

:p

This thread is representing the Vita really well. Tearaway and God Eater 2 appear to be the best looking games on any handheld system yet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is representing the Vita really well. Tearaway and God Eater 2 appear to be the best looking games on any handheld system yet.

Dammit, I've know searched the entire thread for pics of God Eater 2? WHERE?!?!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say Killzone looks better than both but the trend seems to be that games running at native res look a mile better than those that don't and Tearaway/GE2 are native.

BTHR Zero X

Anyone know which games on the 3DS Support Screenshots through Miiverse? I have tried Pokemon Y and it can not post screens

Robin64

Can we screenshot games that don't have communities? Obviously Nintenmods will be pissed if you go posting them elsewhere, but is it OS or game by game?

You can't, I'm afraid. Trying to post in a community that isn't for the game you have loaded doesn't give the screenshot button.

Robin64

Anyone know which games on the 3DS Support Screenshots through Miiverse? I have tried Pokemon Y and it can not post screens

Alright, I've made a list of the 23 3DS games that can currently post screenshots to Miiverse. You might not have all of them in your region yet, though.

Aikatsu! My Two Princesses
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Disney Magic Castle My Happy Life
Gaist Crusher
Harvest Moon - The Tale of Two Towns
Inazuma Eleven 3
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party: Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros. 2
One Piece Unlimited World R
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Skylanders SWAP Force
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can we screenshot games that don't have communities? Obviously Nintenmods will be pissed if you go posting them elsewhere, but is it OS or game by game?
If you can take a photo through different means I don't see why not. Miiverse is just the easiest way for most people.

EDIT: Misunderstood.

BTHR Zero X

Alright, I've made a list of the 17 3DS games that can currently post screenshots to Miiverse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Harvest Moon - The Tale of Two Towns
Inazuma Eleven 3
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Skylanders SWAP Force
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

awesome thanks Robin64

God Eater is native and so it's very clean, but it has some texture & geometry swaps that are really obvious & not far in the distance - compare here and here.

Toukiden looks better overall i think, but my screens don't show it... hard to capture with this guy slamming you all over the place!

Toukiden
PX5wqY8.jpg

God Eater 2
kItzBn1.jpg

Phantasy Star Online 2
pLfTu7d.jpg

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've got my two young kids a 3DSXL and a Vita for Chrimbo. Looking at these screen shots. I'm frothing at the mouth waiting to play some of these games.

The Killzone pics on Vita especially looks fantastic.

Cha

Killzone Mercenary.
ibrUCJ6bQWC0J8.jpg

Toukiden looks better overall i think, but my screens don't show it... hard to capture with this guy slamming you all over the place!

Yup, Toukiden was gorgeous.
i30O0LOwhyHqu.jpg

I know I'm gonna sound stupid, but how do I take a screenshot on the Vita? And how do people save them online?

Press the PS and START BUTTON at the same time. Doesn't work for psp games or ps1 games. To save online, either copy them to your computer, and then upload to an image hosting site (Like Minus.com) or post them directly to twitter from your vita.

I don't own a 3ds and am super confused and curious about the miiverse communities and screenshots posts. Would this be the wrong thread to ask for a brief rundown of how taking 3ds screenshots work?

Great Thread !

Please don´t spoil Ace Attorney 5 for me. I would literally rip my hair out ... I still feel a bit burned after the fucking Destructoid review spoiled the final AA2 case in the very first sentence.

k, thanks !

Top Bottom