• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait to pick up mine tonight, my 8GB mem. card and Uncharted: GA! I'm also really excited for GA, because it was made in Bend, which I live pretty close to. :0

Eusis

I wonder if it's a good idea to use the touch screen before getting a filter? No idea if I'll luck out and get Hori's tomorrow, hough if I can borrow a touch screen stylus I guess it won't matter that much.

hodgy100

I tried to redeem my £5 off of Super Stardust Delta and it's saying my code is invalid. Is this because I haven't logged onto PSN on my vita yet? I want to get the game downloaded for when i buy my vita tomorrow.

AmN8XPaCAAA7nx-.jpg

A PC section? Well I know this isn't gamestop because they don't have anything PC wise apart from WoW. Where is this?

DemonNite

For those who are getting discount code problems (few days old now)

Published 16 February, 2012

UPDATE: Sony's James Gallagher has tweeted to say new Vita pre-order discount emails will be sent out tomorrow afternoon.
"For those having problems with your PS Vita pre-order email, you will receive a new email tomorrow afternoon," he said. "Sorry for any inconvenience."

ORIGINAL STORY: Sony is working to fix a website issue that is preventing those who have pre-ordered PS Vita from redeeming a code that grants a £5 discount on a download title at launch.
Eurogamer was contacted by a reader earlier today about the issue, which seems to be affecting a number of gamers who have pre-ordered the inbound handheld.
Those who pre-ordered Vita were required to register at a special website. This website did work - dishing out a code to unlock PS Home content and other goodies offered in exchange for a promise to buy the console.
The idea was that the £5 discount code would be sent out at a later date. Games included in the offer are Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings and Escape Plan.
This week the emails were sent, but unfortunately the link provided in them directs users to a site that requires you enter the voucher code a second time. And this website is reporting error codes when users try to do just that.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's James Gallagher said this afternoon that Sony's engineers have identified the problem, and promised that new emails will be sent with another link that will take you to the discount selection page.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...to-fix-ps-vita-pre-order-discount-code-errors

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it was worth a shot, I tried to stop by Best Buy tonight after work, and tried to beg for my Vita early. No luck. :p

On the upside, the salesperson at least told me he had my Vita set aside w/ my name on it, so as soon as the clock hits 10am tomorrow, the Vita will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine.

sullyj

Confirmed pickup at Gamestop of 3g package in the morning. Check
Confirmed UPS delivery of Rayman, Hot Shots Golf & Lumines sometime tomorrow. Check
Screen Protectors & Cradle ready to go. Check
Day off confirmed. Check

Awww yeah!

Looks like a crazy launch. I'm not seeing this in North America.

Sonyland.

Vita is probably going to struggle for the first year or two but I have been surprised before. As long as a steady stream of PSN games come along with a steady release of good games, ports or not, I will be happy. Would rather play on this screen rather than the current generation consoles on my 61". Sick of the IQ.

Eusis

is there any sort of coating to protect the screens like on phones, or is it cheap like a ds.
It sounds like there's a coating, but it's a plastic screen rather than something like Gorilla Glass, nevermind the back panel which apparently has no protection. If you can get a screen protector it'd probably be safest, at least until a few months have passed to see if anyone has had scratching without one.

Takao

Banned
Actually an AR Flower game would be nice. Basically turn any scenery into a field of grasses and flowers, and fly through it.

Actually, AR Gardening is coming in Pocket Gardens.

A PC section? Well I know this isn't gamestop because they don't have anything PC wise apart from WoW. Where is this?

Europe.

Looks like a crazy launch. I'm not seeing this in North America.

It's because Europe actually bought PSPs, and SCEE treated them with a tonne of advertising.

Well with Hori screen protector it's almost like it's naked, from my experiences with it on the PSP.

My Hori screen protector is shipping hell yeah.

Ive capitulated. was planning on waiting but a sexy new handheld is too much to bear. So tomorrow Im heading to my local Gamestop and trading in 4 games to get $100 credit towards a wifi model. $149 for a new Vita isnt a bad deal, right?

jony_m

is there any sort of coating to protect the screens like on phones, or is it cheap like a ds.

Audίoboxer;35351448 said:
Would like to know this because usually I avoid screen protectors, like it naked.

I def does not have as good oleo-phobic coating as the iPhone 4/4S

Original PS screen protector is pretty good and has superior coating.

syoaran

GAME in London.

GAME is like our version of GameStop.

EDIT: whoa, beaten SO BADLY

Total lack of irony, but they re-did the PC section last week and its a lot larger than it was before.

Well I'm glad the midnight launch got some turn out; always nice to see midnight launches going well ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom