• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Windows 10 graphical settings revealed

qb_pc_gfx_options1.jpg

qb_pc_gfx_options2.jpg

By popular request, we decided to share the Windows 10 version graphics settings that you’ll be able to tweak to get the most out of your gaming set-up. With options varying between on/off, minimum, medium, high and ultra, you can adjust the graphical fidelity of Quantum Break to your liking and experience the game even in 4K resolution. Check out the screenshots below to see all the options.

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pc-settings-revealed/

Irobot82

What is lock to 30fps? Is that cutting it to 30fps or is the cap 30 but it'll go below it? Can this game to 60+?

Looks good except maybe "effects" being lumped together, although it's good that AA is it's own option unlike some games which lump any post-processing effects and AA under a nebulous "effects" setting :p

Vuze

> AAA On/Off
> no texture AF?

:vv

Looks good apart from that, HUD toggle is sweet as well.
Considering this is a 16:10 screenshot, I assume that AR is supported as well. 21:9 would certainly look amazing.

Stealth edit: lol, totally forgot this is UWA so presumably no injections or driver-level AF? kek

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
What is lock to 30fps? Is that cutting it to 30fps or is the cap 30 but it'll go below it? Can this game to 60+?

I'm sure it is just capping the game at 30 so people do t have to deal with it hovering between 30ish to 40ish fps. I am sure I will turn it onnwhen I play because I doubt my 980ti can handle this game at 3440x1440.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it's like other PC games with this setting, it's a frame cap option for people who have hardware that can't hit 60 FPS, but want it to run smoothly.

Zedox

These were already leaked. Anyway, what's concerning is the lack of any option to turn off VSYNC.

We all know this is an issue with UWP. (said to be fixed by MS later this year...we'll see when though, I presume with the Redstone release).

SerTapTap

Is there a "standard" AA for universal windows apps? Or should I just assume "AA On" is FXAAx2 like most games that only offer a single option.

Does forcing AA with GPU drivers still work for these apps?

Begaria

Not sure I understand the Fullscreen mode. It's asking between fullscreen and windowed, but doesn't UWA just run at borderless fullscreen anyways?

Genio88

Awesome, i hope they'll send the Windows 10 codes as soon as possible, i'd like to play it on PC from start to finish, at least for the first run.
Also it would be great to have some benchmarks of the game before release, wondering if my i7 4770k and Gtx 980 OC will be able to max all those settings out at 1080p maintaining a solid 30fps at least

scitek

Then I'm good. The last thing I want is variable framerate.

Well, UWP games are forced to always run in borderless windowed mode, which means triple buffer vsync, and without the ability to cap the framerate and not have it be a choppy mess, a variable framerate is the best you're likely to get.

AA setting is BS.

What quality do you want? On or off?

Chobel

Well, UWP games are forced to always run in borderless windowed mode, which means triple buffer vsync, and without the ability to cap the framerate and not have it be a choppy mess, a variable framerate is the best you're likely to get.

So it's not Vsync'ed?

Kudo

"Lock to 30fps", isn't that a cap?

Actually I think the reason it's on/off for AA because they use a solution that'd only work with their upscaling tech (seen on X1) and I wonder if that is making it over to the W10 store app...

Justinh

Gemüsepizza;199112754 said:
Anti-Aliasing "On" / "Off"?

Sigh.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they said what kind of AA they were using. I guess it's 4x MSAA? Be nice if there were different options too.

Chobel

Triple buffer vsync, not double, which means it will vary between 30-60 and not stay locked at 30. The framerate lock in Gears Ultimate was awful, and made the game look choppy when used:

I don't trust this to be any different.

Fuck! :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age

For your first question, depends on your rig. It shouldn't perform worse with the 30 FPS cap on, but plenty of games have shown to dip below 30 FPS with in game FPS limiters turned on even if your rig never falls under 30 without the framecap. Game has a hard-cap at 60 FPS, unfortunately. Makes no sense for it to be that way though, FPS caps should be left to the user :lol.

Edit: Potentially false.

Top Bottom