• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you wish for DS?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Over the end of the year I could be starting my own company to develop games for the DS. I got my own ideas (for non-gamers and gamers) but I'm interested to know what's the tipe of game most wanted for the hardcore market.

So I ask you: What tipe of game do you wish for the DS?

Thanks for all of the posters.

KINGMOKU

The system is begging for RTS games, and I would KILL for a Rome Total war DS game.

Its bieng completly ignored when it seems like the system was made for them.

Make those, and take my money.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I want optional button configs. and fully customizable controls if I were to choose to use the d-pad and face-buttons.

Other than that; how about a climbing game?

tanasten

Brobzoid said:
I want optional button configs. and fully customizable controls if I were to choose to use the d-pad and face-buttons.

Other than that; how about a climbing game?

Ice Climber DS?

Deku

Banned
tanasten said:
Over the end of the year I could be starting my own company to develop games for the DS. I got my own ideas (for non-gamers and gamers) but I'm interested to know what's the tipe of game most wanted for the hardcore market.

TBS strategy games are awesome and well suited for the DS

4x Macro Strategy
Civilization-type Masters of Orion-type

Tactical
X-com (UFO) type / Jagged Alliance type

May16

tanasten said:

Some type with really good localization. :D

...Me being a dickhead aside, tactical RPGs, please.

tanasten

May16 said:
Some type with really good localization. :D

...Me being a dickhead aside, tactical RPGs, please.

OWNED...

Again! :dies:

It's curious how many of you ask for strategic games. It's a portable, how many time do you spend continuously playing the DS?

maxmars

I would instantly buy a western clickfest RPG (think diablo / sacred), where you can write your own story and design the level, with quests, dungeons, NPCs you can interact with, and finally an overworld.

It's ok if you have only a limited / finite set of assets, I don't mind seeing one character once as an evil king and the another time as a peaceful inn keeper.

Ideally the game would let you play coop with friends locally or on the net (voice chat a must) and upload your stories on the WFC for others to play.

Brobzoid

Or perhaps some First-person duongeon crawling rpg... Or has that genre died?

tanasten

maxmars said:
I would instantly buy a western clickfest RPG (think diablo / sacred), where you can write your own story and design the level, with quests, dungeons, NPCs you can interact with, and finally an overworld.

It's ok if you have only a limited / finite set of assets, I don't mind seeing one character once as an evil king and the another time as a peaceful inn keeper.

Ideally the game would let you play coop with friends locally or on the net (voice chat a must) and upload your stories on the WFC for others to play.

That would require a big flush rom and a lot of time to manage loads and saves. Don't expect any game like that on the DS.

tanasten

Brobzoid said:
Or perhaps some First-person duongeon crawling rpg... Or has that genre died?

They're coming. Also, I think the DS DOESN'T FIT WITH THE FIRTS PERSON GAMES WELL.

DSRCS.jpg

StarCraft, and Counter Strike DS!

Brobzoid

tanasten said:
They're coming. Also, I think the DS DOESN'T FIT WITH THE FIRTS PERSON GAMES WELL.

My favorite first person rpg is on the SNES, so you're wrong. :p

Shin megami tensei 2 btw.

maxmars

tanasten said:
That would require a big flush rom and a lot of time to manage loads and saves. Don't expect any game like that on the DS.

Is that your way of saying that it's too complicated for you?

Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable
Kevtones said:
Zelda OoT portable

Throw MM in there, too. :D

I want to see SE announce FFVII/VIII/IX for the DS just to see the GAF reaction.

I've said it a million times before, but I want a FF/DQ/Nintendo crossover RPG. I will keep posting this idea until SE makes my dream a reality (so I'll be posting about it forever :( ).

Golden Sun 3. In cel shaded 3D. The first two were absolute classics. Just imagine what they could do with the psi abilities with the touch screen/two screens. This game is destined to be on the DS. But with the recent Camelot news, I doubt it'll ever happen. :((((

I want something original from Kojima.

More Capcom games, and something that isn't Megaman.

And most importantly, for the love of Mary, more 3D action games PLEASE. The system is literally devoid of them.

ethelred

Brobzoid said:

My favorite is on the Saturn, and graphically the DS could certainly handle it (Shining the Holy Ark).

Chris Michael said:
I want to see SE announce FFVII/VIII/IX for the DS just to see the GAF reaction.

No. Absolutely no. :p

Chris Michael said:
I've said it a million times before, but I want a FF/DQ/Nintendo crossover RPG. I will keep posting this idea until SE makes my dream a reality (so I'll be posting about it forever :( ).

That should be on a console, though, not a portable.

Chris Michael said:
Golden Sun 3. In cel shaded 3D. The first two were absolute classics. Just imagine what they could do with the psi abilities with the touch screen/two screens. This game is destined to be on the DS. But with the recent Camelot news, I doubt it'll ever happen. :((((

Ugh, GOD, no. Golden Sun needs to remain 2D and sprite based. None of this 3D nonsense.

Chris Michael said:
More Capcom games, and something that isn't Megaman.

Yeah, that'd be nice. Breath of Fire would fit the style of the system well.

tanasten

maxmars said:
Is that your way of saying that it's too complicated for you?

It's complicated. To code, to design... and the DS hardware wouldn't be very friendly to the game. For a game with that tipe of freedom it's better a system with Hard Disk.

Brobzoid said:

Whoaaaa. Wasn't expecting that old tipe gameplay. Made that way it could work. I was thinking of a Firts Person RPG with controls a la Deep Labyrint or Metroid Prime (those sux).

Besides OoT portable (together with MM, and perhaps a downgraded version of TWW, to complete the OoT-trilogy), Chrono Trigger Remake, the way Square Enix did FF3.

Brobzoid

tanasten said:
It's complicated. To code, to design... and the DS hardware wouldn't be very friendly to the game. For a game with that tipe of freedom it's better a system with Hard Disk.

Whoaaaa. Wasn't expecting that old tipe gameplay. Made that way it could work. I was thinking of a Firts Person RPG with controls a la Deep Labyrint or Metroid Prime (those sux).

H-WHAT!? do you need to be slapped? tripe? tripe? TRIPE?! There is nothing tripe about that game in any way, shape or form. >:'O

tanasten

MasterMFauli said:
Besides OoT portable (together with MM, and perhaps a downgraded version of TWW, to complete the OoT-trilogy), Chrono Trigger Remake, the way Square Enix did FF3.

I choose that one. I will make it.

ethelred

MasterMFauli said:

Needs original games, not ports and remakes.

Only Mother 3 and maybe Ocarina are exempt. And the latter is a huge maybe.

May16 said:
Can I get an "Amen?"

Amen, Brother H.

tanasten

Brobzoid said:
H-WHAT!? do you need to be slapped? tripe? tripe? TRIPE?! There is nothing tripe about that game in anyway shape or form. >:'O

:lol TYPE :lol

I liked the game you say. I got it in original form.

MasterMFauli said:

fauli FTL

and Nintendo, give us a DS version of F-Zero X with Wifi-play!

Brobzoid

tanasten said:

oh, how jolly. I am happy yet again.

I can't find my Ice Climbers gba cart :( quick! someone make a DS version!!

tanasten said:

Lol, he mistook a misspelled word that he thought it was another word, and that word was misspelled, but it was actually a diffrent word that got misspelled, which caused the whole post to be misunderstood.

WEEEEEEEEE :)

MasterMFauli said:

This is kind of straying off topic, I just wanted to point out something on how FFIIIDS likely came to be.

In mid-2004, SE held a poll asking gamers on what games they wanted to see on the DS. I assume FFIII had the most votes, but among the listed games were Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. So if either of those games won the most votes I guess we would've seen FFVI or CT get the FFIII treatment today. :p

Similarly, Capcom had a poll on what games people wanted to see on the PSP. This is interesting, because both SE and Capcom had their polls before or right around when the DS/PSP released. So basically, both companies seemed to have chosen their favored systems pretty much by speculation alone (Capcom with the PSP, SE with the DS).

Top Bottom