• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Erobics and Wii Diet = Nintendo Health Training

With Nintendo reportedly doing a Wii Diet Game of sorts, its only a matter of time, that Wii (A)erobics will follow. I think it even goes hand in hand with Wii Diet. The idea basically for Wii (A)erobics is that you hold a pair of Wiimote, one for each hand, that simulates a pair of dumbells, you follow on screen movements of course to the tune of dance (A)erobics music , twitching the wiimote to the desired angle, much like dance dance revolution, instead of directional arrows, its angular position of the wiimote that simulates the dumbells, and another group of non-gamers will be added to Nintendo. Click link for similar report.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725652p1.html

d0a454d8f6.jpg

thanks to FutonForensic of Gspot Forums

Mmmkay

'Erobics'... Can I be blamed for reading that as Erotics?

I'd forgive you but you spelt it incorrectly four times.

Anyway, on topic, it sounds like a great idea. Maybe they'll do some dumbbell shell adapters? Having positional data means that the 'game' can motivate you if you slack off.

Ashodin

future_pinoy said:
With Nintendo reportedly doing a Wii Diet Game of sorts, its only a matter of time, that Wii Erobics will follow. I think it even goes hand in hand with Wii Diet. The idea basically for Wii Erobics is that you hold a pair of Wiimote, one for each hand, that simulates a pair of dumbells, you follow on screen movements of course to the tune of dance erobics music , twitching the wiimote to the desired angle, much like dance dance revolution, instead of directional arrows, its angular position of the wiimote that simulates the dumbells, and another group of non-gamers will be added to Nintendo. Click link for similar report.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725652p1.html
YARR
THERE BE AN A ON THAT THAR "EROBICS" MATEY.

"YAERRROBICS"!

I mean, Aerobics. ~cough~

Mmmkay said:
'Erobics'... Can I be blamed for reading that as Erotics?

I'd forgive you but you spelt it incorrectly four times.

Anyway, on topic, it sounds like a great idea. Maybe they'll do some dumbbell shell adapters? Having positional data means that the 'game' can motivate you if you slack off.

For some reason others spelled it as such, much like some British English to American English things. Here a site as a example

http://www.karafitnfashion.com/downloads/index.htm

which gives me another idea for a Wii Game. Wii Martial Arts.

Imagine doing a Kata Dance with a Wiimote to the tune of Traditional Japanese percussion music. The list now goes on and on. Wii Taebo, Wii Boxing, Wii Teakwondo,
Wii Aikido ......

Calidor

future_pinoy said:
Imagine doing a Kata Dance with a Wiimote to the tune of Traditional Japanese percussion music. The list now goes on and on. Wii Taebo, Wii Boxing, Wii Teakwondo,
Wii Aikido ......

doing Kendo/Iaido katas with the wiimote = priceless :D

Speaking of which, I know Nintendo would never do it ... but I think "erotica" software would be a huge hit on the system, especailly if it's priced cheaply.

Amir0x

Banned
Wii Diet gets to join such prestigious non-games as Yourself! Fitness and EyeToy Kinetic. Innovation wins again.

Core407

Banned
I think I'm going to have to turn off the lights and lock the door when playing the Wii. I just get this vibe that the people playing these games are going to look like complete morons with all the movements and what-not. (See DDR)

I know GAFfers are very creative, will someone create a Home TV Shopping Ad for the Wii, using the Aerobics theme, who do you think is going to be the perfect model for this type of thing ? Richard Simmons ?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Smiles and Cries said:
Are the IGNwii guys getting Scoops from GAF again?

Well they just say a Bloomberg report and dont source there news, Yeah its on IGN BELIEVE IT!!! Oh wait thats also Neo Gafs tags, Shit IGN your ****ed now.

a one and a two and a three, left and right, front, front, back, back ...

aboutimg.jpg

compliments and thanks to -Jammo- from Gspot Forums.

:lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Maybe 7 years ago or so I bought the domain name erobics.com (along with 3 others) in an attempt to sell them for profit :lol :lol :lol

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
future_pinoy said:
a one and a two and a three, left and right, front, front, back, back ...

aboutimg.jpg

compliments and thanks to -Jammo- from Gspot Forums.

:lol

it'll be tingle for sure

Top Bottom