• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Zing

Banned
No mention of Monster Hunter in the NA direct? Wow. NoA is committed to completely ignoring anything even remotely associated with the new 3DS.

Edit: hmm. Are people posting here extremely young or just extremely forgetful. How could you not know about Pikpik carrots from the first game?

If there is one thing that I love about the first short, is that this one
(misleadingly)
paints Captain Olimar in a different light as a veggie cannibal, something that the games occasionally touch on.

I still can't get over how gruesome that scene is. I haven't seen the short, but the way the blood stains the side of the blender and drips off the cutting board, and out of Olimar's mouth. It's way dark for something that's a comedic misunderstanding.

Blues1990

I still can't get over how gruesome that scene is. I haven't seen the short, but the way the blood stains the side of the blender and drips off the cutting board, and out of Olimar's mouth. It's way dark for something that's a comedic misunderstanding.

The Pikmin series has been notorious for being a rather macabre video game series, despite appearing to be cute & whimsical on a surface level.

Neiteio

I love the way this Direct opened and closed:

nintendodirect-nov01j5csi6.jpg

Maybe both titles will come out the same month. MM3D is "Spring 2015" and Splatoon is "Q2 2015."

Akiller

I love the way this Direct opened and closed:

nintendodirect-nov01j5csi6.jpg

Maybe both titles will come out the same month. MM3D is "Spring 2015" and Splatoon is "Q2 2015."

Hmm...MH4 Will come out in early 2015 in europe, steam on may so maybe:
-MH4 on march?
-steam on may
-MM3D on april or june?

TheMoon

Hmm...MH4 Will come out in early 2015 in europe, steam on may so maybe:
-MH4 on march?
-steam on may
-MM3D on april or june?

One of these (or two) will be New 3DS launch games. All of them will have N3DS enhancements. Bet on it. Maybe not your house but a nice meal. :D

I'd rather have a Super Mario 64 remake with analog stick control but I'll take a Zelda game I've never played ;-)

Edit: Where is my Metroid and Pikmin 3DS games?

I'd rather have a Super Mario 64 remake with analog stick control but I'll take a Zelda game I've never played ;-)

Edit: Where is my Metroid and Pikmin 3DS games?

I think Pikmin really wouldn't work on a low resolution screen. Playing it in 480i on the GameCube is probably the minimum. The 3DS needs large characters and not so much going on at the same time.

There's probably an unannounced Metroid in the works for the 3DS.

squid

Wait, so WiiU has splatoon and Kirby (in the US) confirmed for the first half of next year. So that leaves yoshi, xenoblade, SMTxFE, Mario party, starfox, miyamoto's projects, and zelda all for the second half? Is that right?

Seems very packed compared to the first half of the year. Hopefully zelda doesn't slip into 2016 :-(

TheMoon

Wait, so WiiU has splatoon and Kirby (in the US) confirmed for the first half of next year. So that leaves yoshi, xenoblade, SMTxFE, Mario party, starfox, miyamoto's projects, and zelda all for the second half? Is that right?

Seems very packed compared to the first half of the year. Hopefully zelda doesn't slip into 2016 :-(

Yoshi and Mario Maker is still first half. Don't take everything at face value.

TheMoon

Project Giant Robot, too.

Yup. Until I hear differently, I also still count Star Fox as 1H 2015, going by Miyamoto's E3 comments. Nintendo not showing anything means basically nothing to me. As plenty of games have proven (ALBW, DKCR, DKCTF, SM3DW).

maxcriden

Yup. Until I hear differently, I also still count Star Fox as 1H 2015, going by Miyamoto's E3 comments. Nintendo not showing anything means basically nothing to me. As plenty of games have proven (ALBW, DKCR, DKCTF, SM3DW).

I agree with you--but--I thought the Q2 results called SF "2015"?

Pretty much what we're getting in the next Zelda game (and why I'm so excited for it).

Zelda Wii-U is obviously a homage to Hayao Miyazaki.

Don't raise my hype to that dangerous level
Zelda U is going to be amazing ;_;

The Pikmin series has been notorious for being a rather macabre video game series, despite appearing to be cute & whimsical on a surface level.

Pikmin is the cutest post-apocalyptic video game that focuses on intergalactic imperialism, colonialism, resource exploiting, a species using teamwork and intelligence to break their food chain and local ecosystem, over-population, subtle racism (Hocotate vs. Koppai), nuclear war, extinction, survival in the face of certain death, and the psychology of "one death is a tragedy, a 1,000 is a statistic" and yet manages to be so adorable you don't think about it.

Sooo...which industry figureheads are going to be photoshopped and where?

Microsoft gets to go on Olimar's face, Rare gets to go on the cutting board, and the Pikmin get whatever company logos are relevant at the time.

Pikmin is the cutest post-apocalyptic video game that focuses on intergalactic imperialism, colonialism, resource exploiting, a species using teamwork and intelligence to break their food chain and local ecosystem, over-population, subtle racism (Hocotate vs. Koppai), nuclear war, extinction, survival in the face of certain death, and the psychology of "one death is a tragedy, a 1,000 is a statistic" and yet manages to be so adorable you don't think about it.

You forgot "violence as learned behavior" from the ending of pikmin 1:
After you fly away in your spaceship, a group of pikmin watching you depart immediately turn around and jump a bulborb that's minding its own business and doesn't see them. They latch onto it from behind and beat it to death.

My brother and I were so proud.

I hope Nintendo makes the terrible financial decision to make a pikmin 4, or that a miracle occurs and the cartoons actually build the brand to the point where it pulls a luigi's mansion.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Posting here since it seems to be pertinent enough here.

Youtube viewers count, as of November 11th, 23:53 GMT
Nintendo Direct 05.11.14 - 442,716 - 10,007 likes / 127 dislikes

It should already be one of the general Directs (no game specific, not for E3) with the biggest amount of viewers on the US Nintendo channel. And it's the first one after E3...could that be a reason for the (current) bigger success in viewers for this Direct?

Posting here since it seems to be pertinent enough here.

Youtube viewers count, as of November 11th, 23:53 GMT
Nintendo Direct 05.11.14 - 442,716 - 10,007 likes / 127 dislikes

It should already be one of the general Directs (no game specific, not for E3) with the biggest amount of viewers on the US Nintendo channel. And it's the first one after E3...could that be a reason for the (current) bigger success in viewers for this Direct?

Half a million in a week is pretty good for YouTube, isn't it? Do you have an idea of what the Directs typically get?

I dunno why this particular one would be doing well, other than Nintendo has done a good job of managing the branding of Nintendo Directs as an exciting event that people talk about on social media.

I can't believe Nintendo's not even going to give us a subtitled Fatal Frame to round out the library in the West. It's a well-regarded series and it's not like it made a ton of money for them already in Japan. Surely a low-key release could only help them, even as a good will gesture.

Top Bottom