• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's ANT-MAN Lack-of-Hype Thread. Fuckin' Ant-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hype is dead.

2680_antman-prevtzev2.png

I thought it'd be fun to have a hype thread for the upcoming ANT-MAN, the hero and film that will usher in Phase 3 of the MCU.

What-is-this-A-Center-For-Ants-Zoolander.gif

Things to know about Ant-Man:

It's a superhero heist comedy set in the MCU.

Ant-Man's abilities are that he can use 'Pym Particles' to shrink to like, a sub-atomic level, yet still retain equivalent mass. Or something. It's ludicrous, but it'll make for some awesome fights. There have been three Ant-Men to date: Hank Pym, the original and most famous, often erroneously identified as a wife-beater (though he's still a dick). Scott Lang, a thief who becomes a super hero, and Eric Grady, who is just an asshole. Eric Grady is probably not in this film.

It's coming out on July 17, 2015.

It is the 11th film in the MCU.

Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End, Scott Pilgrim). Feige recently revealed that Ant-Man has changed the direction of the MCU since it's inception... way back when Iron Man 1 was still on the drawing board! Edgar Wright's been working on it for years. Like, ten fucking years.

As of mid-May, Edgar Wright is no longer directing due to 'creative difference'. I am very disheartened by this.

Feige revealed that this idea has affected the Marvel movies leading up to Ant-Man:

“We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. Knowing what we wanted to do with Edgar and with Ant-Man, going years and years back, helped to dictate what we did with the roster for Avengers the first time. It was a bit of both in terms of his idea for the Ant-Man story influencing the birth of the MCU in the early films leading up to Avengers.”

Feige also discussed the casting of Rudd as the lead, describing why he’s the perfect fit to play Lang:

“Look at that origin of the petty crook who comes into contact with a suit and does his best to make good, and then look at someone like Paul Rudd, who can do slightly unsavoury things like break into people’s houses and still be charming and who you root for and whose redemption you will find satisfaction in.”

Discussing why they wanted to make Ant-Man in the first place, the Marvel Studios President also teased how the film ties into the MCU as a whole:

“It was two things – a story Edgar wanted to tell that we’ll see with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd, and now we’re 11 films in, it’s looking at the characters we’ve already introduced who already have the technology and the brains to do…certain things [Laughs].”

Read more at http://collider.com/ant-man-news-kevin-feige-thanos/#2Pa47d3r84C6zmjV.99

Starring Paul Rudd as Scott Lang

jRKW0LB.gif

Michael Douglas as Hank Pym

tumblr_llmjsjFF5t1qcim6yo1_500.gif

Evangeline Lilly as ???????????? (Probably Janet Van Dyne)

Db1Rn.jpg

I'm sad Rashida Jones didn't join the cast :(

Patrick Wilson is also in this.

So who's hyped?

705a8330-cbc6-11e3-a306-35c2c1b8bd5f_ant-man.jpg

It must really burn Wonder Woman fans that fucking Ant-Man has a movie before her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait... Hank Pym isnt the main character / ant man in this? o_O

I don't know a thing about Ant Man, but with Edgar Wright directing a superhero, heist-comedy I'm pretty confident it will be the best film in the MCU.

Chichikov

The premise sounds fucking stupid and the cast I can take or leave, yet I'm still hype as fuck because Edgar motherfucking Wright.
The guy made Nick Frost a legit action star, he can make super midget Paul Rudd heist movie or whatever work.

Honestly, SUPERHERO HEIST FILM STARRING PAUL RUDD AND MICHAEL DOUGLAS DIRECTED BY EDGAR WRIGHT is one of the single greatest selling points ever uttered to me in my life.

ALL MY MONEY TO IT..

Toa TAK

Banned
It would be mean to wager on such a lock, really.

I'm a decent person. I wouldn't do that to you. :)
Ouch. :p

Super excited for this film, like everyone else. This movie, along with Cap2 and GotG seem fresh, or at the very least, a lot more interesting in the MCU as of late.

I'm so fucking psyched for this. Only movie that surpasses my hype for Guardians of the Galaxy. Not just the concept, but every single tiny tidbit of news I've heard about the movie is great. Can't wait.

This movie's gonna bomb ... hope it doesn't take Marvel down a peg when it does, they don't deserve to take a step back because of 1 horrible idea. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom