• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSP has been DDOS'd & Swatted

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

This week DSP has been trying to do streaming and preparing for Arkham Knight this week. He has been complaining about his internet streaming not working very well, and flat out failing.
After getting in contact with Comcast, he tested a private connection and it was fine but suddenly failed again when public. The ISP comfirmed it was DDOS attacks.

Then today while streaming Arkham Knight the cops showed up to his gated community shouting.
When he moved in last year he had talked to the sergeant and station to warn about possible swatting occurring because of his celebrity let's play status.
The event was over in 5-10 minutes.

Capture of event.
What happened discussion.

Tenebrous

Who is DSP? That sounds like guitar talk to me.

Swatting is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen people in the gaming community do. Fucking terrifying what could happen.

Matriox

When he moved in last year he had talked to the sergeant and station to warn about possible swatting occurring because of his celebrity let's play status.

This seems like a diversion... lets send double.

I really hate this guy, he's rude and selfish BUT no one deserves to be swatted. I hope they're able to catch the guy who did this. Being swatted puts everyones life at risk and even if you don't like him he doesn't deserve that.

Sophia

Who is DSP? That sounds like guitar talk to me.

Swatting is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen people in the gaming community do. Fucking terrifying what could happen.

Darksyde Phil. He's... an infamous streamer, to put it lightly.

That being said, he doesn't deserve this, nor does anyone. I give him credit for forwarning the sergeant and avoiding any potential tragedy that could have come from it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Great strategy while there are no easy ways to combat this.

DSP is pretty bad. His videos are garbage. He complains, and disrespects the fans he has, and blames everything and everyone but himself when he's doing bad at games or a technical difficulty comes up.

He didn't deserve this though. DDOS and Swatting are horrible and no one deserves that. He's just an obnoxious butthead who plays video games badly while complaining. He doesn't deserve to be put in a situation where cops are coming in wasting their time and threatening someone's safety potentially. Disgusting.

Ughhh... you know the swatting "trend" is absolutely disgusting when you start feel sympathy for DSP. This shit, regardless of who it happens to, needs to fucking die

I know DSP isn't that great of a let's player and a lot of people hate him. But come on, I thought people stopped doing this shit.

munchie64

Fucking horrible. As someone who complains about this guy way more then I should, he's not even close to deserving this crap.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I find the hate that surrounds this guy to be beyond hilarious. There is an entire cottage industry on YouTube dedicated to raging against this guys perceived gaming ineptitude. That we're now in a situation where the dude has just been swatted. . .SWATTED. . .means it has all risen to an absurd and utterly embarrassing level. If any individual over 18 did this. . .my hats off to them. If they don't get caught, they'll get to remember back to the time the did something fantastically shitty and cringeworthy.

Amazing how many "I don't like this guy, BUT" posts we've accumulated so far.

Can't people just focus on how terrible the situation is without doing driveby commentary?

VariantX

I just don't get it, if you dont like DSP for whatever reason, then don't watch him. Let him go his way, and you go yours. But no, just pull a stunt that could potentially get someone killed , just because you're a dick.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Amazing how many "I don't like this guy, BUT" posts we've accumulated so far.

Can't people just focus on how terrible the situation is without doing driveby commentary?

It's DSP, so no. You'd think the guy was personally ruining gaming for some folks.

KHlover

Banned
Someone actuallly bothered to SWAT DSP? WOOOOOOOOOOW

Now seriously though, fuck whoever did that. Hope they find that loser's ass and put him behind bars for a loooong time. What did the last swatter get? I feel like there should be something like "attempted murder by proxy" for swatting, you are intentionally risking the death of the swatted in a botched raid after all.

Corpekata

Banned
How do people get your address online just by you playing video games? Swatting is the stupidest shit ever.

Lot of little things. Especially with someone like him that takes videos around the house he's probably accidently shown a street number, and I think he's talked about city and state before. Combine that with the power of google maps and obsessed people, and voila, a lot of swatting victims.

Though really just googling "DSP address" the top link is a youtube video that reportedly has it from like 8 months ago.

rpmboy

SMH at people who think it's a good idea to waste the police's time because you don't like a person playing video games

NeoUltima

I just don't get it, if you dont like DSP for whatever reason, then don't watch him. Let him go his way, and you go yours. But no, just pull a stunt that could potentially get someone killed , just because you're a dick.

Not to mention this is counter-productive if they want him to fail anyways.

vypek

It is so weird to me that someone can be so obsessed and hateful of a person to actually spend their time doing this in the hopes of causing them harm. As if "Let's Plays" are even serious enough to obsess over. This guy and Pewdiepie draw so much ire that it is ridiculous. Why care what people you don't like do?

dhonk

DDOS and Swatting are horrible and no one deserves that. He's just an obnoxious butthead who plays video games badly while complaining. He doesn't deserve to be put in a situation where cops are coming in wasting their time and threatening someone's safety potentially. Disgusting.

This.

ZangBa

Instant swatting, nothing he could.

But really, swatting is dumb. Despite DSP saying a lot of stupid shit, I like watching some of his playthroughs, so I'm glad he's all right.

FatalT

Banned
After playing a lot of DotA-type games, the video game community takes the hobby WAY too seriously. This is pathetic. The drive-by negative comments aren't helping, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom