• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

I really do get that, I've just always been a big cheerleader of this series' multiplayer pedigree and it bugs me when people don't even pay any attention to it, especially in reviews. .
Oh I'm with you on this. The multiplayer is fucking stellar and not nearly enough people are playing it.

I just work on the premise that he reviews for people like me. I play games for their singleplayer, and I'm certainly not going to "invest" any time in a multiplayer experience that I'm not interested in.

Eusis

I love reviews that focus on a great multiplayer game's singleplayer campaign!
The funny thing is that depending on what you value this IS one of the bigger singleplayer campaigns anyway. At worst at least for the first several levels.

Though the new maps incoming make me want to give it another go. It can be fun, but last time I tried I got annoyed with drone spam and bleargh.

to be honest though, Killzone 2's multiplayer was pretty fantastic. Dynamic goal shifting (TDM > capture the flag > protect / blow up base) isn't something you see everyday.

The updates for certain classes plus the level design kind of ruin it past level 10 or 20 (don't remember) though.

explodet

Hey Escapist, I'm already on your site.
You don't have to keep telling me how great you guys are instead of showing me the content I want to see!

i hope someday he abondons that awful music at the end of his videos. I'm always on the button to close it when the video winds down. it's loud and annoying.

i hope someday he abondons that awful music at the end of his videos. I'm always on the button to close it when the video winds down. it's loud and annoying.

He used to do bits of licensed music at the end of each video. I think he changed that once he moved over to Escapist, though. Probably for the best, considering all the copyright issues YouTubers have these days.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8802-Dark-Souls

Dark Souls is Whale Scrotums.

Fake Edit: And after watching that, compare and contrast with his Demon's Souls review back in 2009.
That's interesting. The DeS review was funnier, but by the sounds of it he only made it near the end of 1-2 before giving up. He seemed to get DaS a bit better so enjoyed it more, and he's right that a lot of the things like reverse hollowing etc aren't explained very well, and the game would lose none of the allure by explaining these basic mechanics - as many of us have said forever.

Eusis

That's interesting. The DeS review was funnier, but by the sounds of it he only made it near the end of 1-2 before giving up. He seemed to get DaS a bit better so enjoyed it more, and he's right that a lot of the things like reverse hollowing etc aren't explained very well, and the game would lose none of the allure by explaining these basic mechanics - as many of us have said forever.
I actually wonder if the Japanese manual did a good enough job. Namco really skimped on that for the US release and it is not a fucking game you skimp on instructions for.

Toxi

Banned
"[Thief] is about as welcome as an agave cactus at a double penetration" ~ Yahzee

I see a great box quote right there.

Top Bottom