• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler leaves Rev3 Games, starts consultancy firm

GDGF

Soothsayer
Also notice his Naked Lunch shirt in the video. Now notice his quote at the bottom of this tumblr.
He was out. That shirt was saying he's gone. But this post came a couple weeks later. So that tells me he put in his two weeks. TOTAL PRO. I believe he even took that time to get all his ducks in a row for Rev 3 to make their life as easy as possible.

Nice catch.

Disappointed.

I watched the streams of Adam and Anthony. Enjoyed them quite a lot especially the outlasts one. Anthony had good taste in games.

Lyncei

Banned
I don't even really know why I was subscribed to Rev3 in the first place, I guess I was hoping it'd turn into another Xplay (when it was good). It kinda was for a while there but now that I reflect on it I never really liked Adam and thought most of his opinions were either saturated with corporate spin or way too hipster to even mean anything.

Shit though that's 3 of a 7 man team down in a year. Discovery might be axing Rev3.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I was thinking of unsubscribing but then I discovered Scott Bromley's Internet Rabbit Hole. So... I'll keep it around I guess. I also still like Casual Friday. But yeah, Tara should go back to Destructoid. I'm gonna miss Anthony though. God it's happening all too fast.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Time to unsubscribe.

I'm curious on how they afford to just leave without announcing a new job? Are YouTube(rs) starving artists that feel too compelled to leave? Or do they just meet people and get offered a different job?

Both Adam and Anthony left Rev3 like it was nothing. I'm sort of on a rant. I felt like they were being very critical at times, sitting there with their liquor talking about games. I wouldn't really want a younger audience watching that, but hey if it's for me than I'm okay with it.

I don't see Rev3Games doing that well. I also think everyone is vanishing into the YouTube matrix. Scott/Max are cool, but it's like watching old High School friends goof off, which as an adult I can do without going online. I feel like I'm being really critical, but man it was waiting to come out eventually.

Seems like Geoff Keighley is the only one standing his ground, but I bet it's the salary. No pun. That guy is the GameStop landlord. I did appreciate him at last years VGA's though. It was like a side we never saw of him before. A guy who cared about what we thought about games and those involved. Sucks Adam is retiring from the gig.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't see Rev3Games doing that well. I also think everyone is vanishing into the YouTube matrix. Scott/Max are cool, but it's like watching old High School friends goof off, which as an adult I can do without going online. I feel like I'm being really critical, but man it was waiting to come out eventually.
But Max left too. Tara's all that's left... for now.

I do like Scott now though. But I liked him as an addition to Adam, Max and Anthony. I'll give them a chance though.

Laieon

Well this sucks. I had never heard of Rev3 before Sessler joined on, and it quickly became my favorite youtube channel. Sess and Max were both amazing, and Tara isn't too bad either. Now that everyone seems to be dropping like flies, it doesn't look like it has much life left.

Any reasons why the channel is not doing so hot? I know they had to resort to some odd and blatant advertising but I didn't though they where doing that bad. They where my main E3 guys last year.

Flunkie

Banned
Any reasons why the channel is not doing so hot? I know they had to resort to some odd and blatant advertising but I didn't though they where doing that bad. They where my main E3 guys last year.

Bromley and Annie? covering the midnight launch of the Xbone was prettymuch the best thing ever. EVER. The amount of trolling was so great.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Bromley and Annie? covering the midnight launch of the Xbone was prettymuch the best thing ever. EVER. The amount of trolling was so great.
Where is this? I want to watch it.

Also, Adam, Max, Tara and Anthony were my favorite team. I'd give anything for them to always be a team forever. And ever.

he is going the N'Gai Croal route. start your own consultancy firm. Adam has been playing games longer than N'Gai though, interesting.

Top Bottom