• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ps4 issue

madmackem

So I bought a second ps4 to play in another room, set it all up and I'm seeing a thing pop up at the side saying can't verify license game will suspend in 15 minutes. This happens when I'm signed in online signed in with the account I bought the game one, any help.

5nPW7sz.jpg

Gurrry

This reminds me of the time i dropped my iphone on my ipad and crashed my lexus into my bmw after my google glasses fell off my face into my 3d printed oculus rift.

But seriously, im sure you can post this on ps tech support website and get a better response. Not many people are going to run into this issue.

kinggroin

Banned
So I bought a second ps4 to play in another room, set it all up and I'm seeing a thing pop up at the side saying can't verify license game will suspend in 15 minutes. This happens when I'm signed in online signed in with the account I bought the game one, any help.

Are you logged into both systems at once?

This reminds me of the time i dropped my iphone on my ipad and crashed my lexus into my bmw after my google glasses fell off my face into my 3d printed oculus rift.

Helpful

You have to activate it as your primary Ps4 in the settings, which means deactivating the other one first. It only takes a sec but it is a pain.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
In addition to being flat out obnoxious you didn't even use the meme correctly. The OP's problem is legit and he wasn't even being dramatic.

some people just dont understand meme's they post it thinking its funny when they didnt even understand in first place. they cannot be helped theres always one

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

But seriously, im sure you can post this on ps tech support website and get a better response. Not many people are going to run into this issue.

This is a gaming forum, someone will have run into this issue and people will run into it in the future.

p3tran

Banned
a friend of mine I think mentioned the same thing. what he does is deactivate one, activate other. each time.
if there is a better solution, he'd be glad to know too.

BibiMaghoo

Your PSN account can only be activated on two consoles at any one time if I'm not mistaken, if you have your account activated on a PS3 and a PS4 you need to deactivate your account on your PS3 console. I could be wrong though but give it a shot.

This is not correct. You can have two of each console, not two combined. Two ps3's, two ps4's.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
a friend of mine I think mentioned the same thing. what he does is deactivate one, activate other. each time.
if there is a better solution, he'd be glad to know too.

You can have 2 PS4's activated at once. One (The Primary) will work online and offline. One (The Secondary) will only work online (for game licenses). I don't know what will happen if you try to login to the same profile at the same time. I'm assuming it will kick the secondary user off.

Does this mean that ps4's DRM is attached to the console and not your account?

As long as your the account holder and your account purchased the game you should be able to re-download and play the game on ANY console, without having to activate it as a home console.

Edit- I see it is both.

iMax

If you enjoy playing single-player games offline, PS4 won't require you to check-in periodically. And it won’t stop working if you haven’t authenticated within 24 hours.

jack-tretton.jpg

Ahem, anyways, OP, you should be able to re-license in Settings.

Top Bottom