• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What single game have you purchased the most times alone (remakes don't count, but remasters do).

I was just playing Red Dead Redemption on PS5 and I realized that I've bought this game five times. Once at launch on PS3, the GOTY Edition later on PS3, the GOTY Edition on Xbox 360, the PS4/5 version digitally, and the PS4/5 version on disc. Hell, I still intend to pick up the physical Switch version at some point too.

Most of my other multiple purchases end with two, once on disc and then later digitally on deep sales (<$15). The second only clocks in at 3, with Ghost of Tsushima being PS4 disc at launch, PS5 digital version, and then PS5 disc.

The saving grace I suppose of this habit is that the only time I pay full price for any game is if I buy it on release, all of the secondary purchases are on significant sales, even used copies.

Last edited:
wR2yf62.png

GC, PC, Wii, Xbox One

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (Switch)
Resident Evil 4 (Xbox One / Series)
Resident Evil 4 (Quest 2)

I can't remember if the PS3 and PS4 ones are the same. But the rest should be accurate.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Final Fantasy II/IV (North America). Bought it several times on snes, a couple of times on ps1 (whichever collection had that one, Anthology maybe?), twice on DS (even though that’s really a remake), and Pixel Remaster twice, once on Steam and once on ps5. And I’ll buy it again at some point probably.

Dazraell

Gothic and Star Wars: Episode I - Racer

I've bought the original retail copy of Gothic 1 on PC, then the compilation with 1 and 2 with expansion on a single dvd, a copy on Steam, and most recently on Switch

As for Star Wars: Episode 1 - Racer, I bought the copy on GOG, then on PS4 and finally on Switch which became my "main" platform for any time I replay it

Bond007

GTA 5
Mario Kart 8
Metal Gear Solid

Im sure there are tons to be honest. These are the first that pop into my head.
I also have two son's so i've made my fair share of multiple copies.

DaGwaphics

I don't repurchase games often, it would either be Street Fighter 2 or RE4. I think SF2 would take it since I had the two different arcade versions on 360 and the Genesis. Had code Veronica on both DC and 360 as well.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Max Payne 1 for the original Xbox

Mustve bought, traded in, rebought, traded in a dozen times

I was an idiotic 19 year old

Last edited:

Mitsurux

The two that come to mind:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Genesis, Saturn (Sonic Jam), Gamecube (Sonic Mega Collection), WII VC, Xbox360 (XBLA), 3DS

Street Fighter 2 (and its variants)
SNES (2, Turbo, Super), Genesis (Special Champion, Super), Saturn (Collection), PS1 (Collection V1, v2), PS2 (Anniversary Collection), Xbox (Capcom Classics), Xbox 360 (XBLA), PS3 (HD Remix), Switch (Anniversary and Final Challengers), Arcade 1up

Honorable mention:
Halo ODST - I think i have 20 copies of this game, as i bought them for a Halo LAN party at the end of the 360 generation.

Roxkis_ii

LUMINES (Proabay one of my favorite games) : PS2, PSP, PS3, PS4, Android, and I think maybe iOS

Gta 5 : 360, Ps4 and PS5

Next is likely going to be Deadcells. I own it on ios and PS5, and will likely being grabbing it for PC too since PS remote play is not good for such games.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Gotta be Hollow Knight. Loved the game and bought it several times for friends and family members. It’s crazy the game was only $15 bucks and all the dlc was free. I felt like I was stealing from the devs.

xVodevil

Probably just a few games and twice mostly, non steam - and eventually on steam during sale, same with few titles between console and PC.

The Stig

7 times.

Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn.

DOS
Win 95 (gold)
N64 - just because i love C&C
PS1 - just because i love C&C
Part of "The First Decade" collection
Part of EA "ultimate collection" in origin.
Part of the C&C remaster collection.

I feel I got it another time also but this is just off the top of my head.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I was just playing Red Dead Redemption on PS5 and I realized that I've bought this game five times. Once at launch on PS3, the GOTY Edition later on PS3, the GOTY Edition on Xbox 360, the PS4/5 version digitally, and the PS4/5 version on disc. Hell, I still intend to pick up the physical Switch version at some point too.

Most of my other multiple purchases end with two, once on disc and then later digitally on deep sales (<$15). The second only clocks in at 3, with Ghost of Tsushima being PS4 disc at launch, PS5 digital version, and then PS5 disc.

The saving grace I suppose of this habit is that the only time I pay full price for any game is if I buy it on release, all of the secondary purchases are on significant sales, even used copies.
I've bought Skyrim 4 times. Xbox 360. Xbox One. PC multiple editions.

You what the real problem is? I've only beat the game once.

Power Pro

That's a tough one, because I do a lot of trading in, only to know I'll probably buy it again in the future. If I limit it to re-releases, or getting the same game on multiple platforms though, it's a little easier.

Resident Evil games in general are up there. I own most games on most platforms that they've come out on. Only current gen platform I don't own all the games on is Xbox, but I had them all on PS3, 360, then PS4, then Switch, and PC...and before that, any re-releases I had on their original platforms. Love those games.

Another game I've bought many times is Borderlands 2. One of my favorite games to play, and I never get tired of restarting it on a new platform. It was also released at a time that I wasn't sure if I wanted to play it PS3 people or 360 people, so I had it on both. Then it came on the following gen, plus I got it on Steam..then it came to VR, thought it was cool on there...then I got it for Switch for portable play.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
RE4 - Wii and PC (will get it for Quest one day)
Bioshock Infinite - PC and Switch. The latter was more because it was only 5 bucks and I was intrigued to see how it ran.

Actually forget all that - Minecraft.
Java edition x 2. Android at least once. Bedrock for PC x 2. Switch.
I dont play minecraft.

tommib

Resident Evil 4 - like 7 versions at least + Remake

Demon’s Souls - US PS3 Disc, EU PS3 Disc, EU PS3 Digital, PS5 Remake

Dark Souls - PS3, PC, Remaster PS4, Remaster Switch

No More Heroes - Wii, PS3, Switch

Resident Evil - PS1, GameCube Remake, PC Remake, PS4 Remake, Switch Remake

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if GTA V wasn't the answer for most - bought for 360, a year later for PS3. Got the Xbox One/PS4 versions, then the PC version, and now have the PS5 version. I'm still trying to get past the 3 hour mark in the story!

Top Bottom