• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite RPG Party Member Team

sebco

HK-47 from KOTOR. Yukiko from P4G made a serious case for herself though.

I'd also like to put a vote in for Carth for LEAST favorite RPG party member. Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy he was a real SOB.

Simzyy

HK-47 - KOTOR

HK-47.png

Chie - Persona 4

39771.jpg

Henpecked Hou - Jade Empire

Henpecked_Hou.jpg

Ff9_screenshot_fmvcharacters.png

Final Fantasy IX - Zidane / Vivi / Garnet / Steiner
One of the rare times where the first full party you get is my favorite, this team is the shit. I love every character in FFIX (even Quina...sort of), but this to me has not only my favorite mix of mages and physical classes, but within the story I love this group. Zidane and Steiner's hilarious bickering turned
friendship
, Steiner's devotion to Garnet and respect of Vivi's abilities, Garnet and Zidane's actually really well paced romance...this group just has a great vibe to it.

You are a good man Oric, you are a good man...
This is exactly what I was going to post. Vivi and Steiner are the best rpg buddies ever.

From other games:
Persona 4: chie, Kanji and Naoto.
Xenoblade: Riki, Reyn/Dunban and Melia.

I usually use characters I like more than ones that are good at fighting. If I like them and are also good, even better of course.

TheChaos0

Baldur's Gate:

1384661967393.jpg

Both of these guys are frankly awesome. Give him a large sword and some armour and he's the best berserker ever. He's also very kind, and extremely entertaining. Because "Go for the eyes!!!"

xzar.jpg

By all accounts, Xzar isn't a particularly practical choice for a party. But he's my favourite character in the series. A complete lunatic with very interesting dialogue, and I like it that way. Also has an interesting story, and I like him paired with Montaron.
Why didn't he return as a party member for the sequel... >:c

"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right Boo?"

My man, my man. Such a memorable character, probably one of the most memorable ones for me.

q19B9.gif

Some of Throne of Bhaal spoilers next.

MC, Imoen and Saverok. Once the three children of Bhaal are united, once you get Saverok to change his alignment and he swears to be your right hand man, you know that you have achieved a new heights of epicness.

Viconia as a hardheaded romance partner, Minsc as your gentle giant, Aerie the party's naive child and the 3 Bhaal siblings. What a party!

Special mentions go to Jaheira, Kelgorn (whom I've used until I got Saverok...with that epic 5+ two handed sword, I've got from the dragon) and Edwin or should it be Edwina...hehe...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Atelier Iris

280px-Klein.jpg
250px-Delsus.jpg
270px-Arlin.jpg
The first Atelier Iris seems to go entirely unmentioned these days. That was my team, as well. What a breath of fresh air that game was for people who wanted something like the PSX sprite-based RPG days.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The first Atelier Iris seems to go entirely unmentioned these days. That was my team, as well. What a breath of fresh air that game was for people who wanted something like the PSX sprite-based RPG days.

It was an OK game, but rather buggy... I hear #2 and 3 improved on it somewhat.

SMRPG:
Mario/Geno/Bowser

You wreck shit with those 3! Purely an offensive team, but this team was the one I used to beat
Culex

Also runner up:

Chrono Trigger:
Chrono/Robo/Frog

MOTHERFUCKING X-STRIKE!

Ganondorfo

"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right Boo?"

My man, my man. Such a memorable character, probably one of the most memorable ones for me.

q19B9.gif

Some of Throne of Bhaal spoilers next.

MC, Imoen and Saverok. Once the three children of Bhaal are united, once you get Saverok to change his alignment and he swears to be your right hand man, you know that you have achieved a new heights of epicness.

Viconia as a hardheaded romance partner, Minsc as your gentle giant, Aerie the party's naive child and the 3 Bhaal siblings. What a party!

Special mentions go to Jaheira, Kelgorn (whom I've used until I got Saverok...with that epic 5+ two handed sword, I've got from the dragon) and Edwin or should it be Edwina...hehe...

I never heard of this series, is it like Mass Effect with the characters?

Mephala

These guys.
Any of them together are quite good. I think Glory is one of the best here though. She has one of those "(Wo)man of few words." personality which makes the little things all the better. All of them start off a little annoying but they definitely grew on me.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Absurd 12 member party.
Denam, Catiua, Vyse, Ravness, Hobyrim, Ozma, Canopus, Deneb, Gildas, Mirdyn, Diego, Ocionne
If I feel like being mean I'll sub in any of the Shaman Sisters in place of the Knights though the first 6 on my roster can generally solo most maps. :\
Interestingly most of those have a Lawful alignment I believe.
Here are some pics: Diego, Hobyrim, Ravness and a fan art pic of Ozma

Sulik2

Mordin, HK-47 and my namesake, Sulik. Honestly you almost need to exclude Mass Effect, they had so many good party members its not fair to the rest of gaming.

Top Bottom