• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Speaking of map... For the people in here who played Horizon 1 with a steering wheel, how does it work for moving around the map?

the wheel worked perfectly fine. awesome in fact. force feedback felt great, particularly on surface transitions. much like mainline forza (and unlike a lot of arcadey console racers), the game's handling really shines while using a wheel.

wait... your talking map navigation?

fast travel? in a racing game!? i put 100+ hours in fh1 and i have no idea the answer to your question. just drive.

Has there been anything about whether or not Rally is making a return?

no dedicated rally. at least in the shipping game. there are race types that seem to superficially scratch that itch. burried in the thread somewhere is the press demo at gamescom that shows a rally like "hillclimb" race.

i'm still hopeful they release a rally expansion like the first though. that was sooo well done.

p3tran

Banned
i'm still hopeful they release a rally expansion like the first though. that was sooo well done.

yeah, let me say this in advance: Playground, ONE pass that covers everything, please!

They were just "competing" with each other for skill points, and didn't care about placement....still though..
yes, thats the funny thing. it was like dude was thinking "here, let me pull a handbrake in this nice, wiiide turn (goes 500m into vineyards)", "oh! this looks good opportunity for points (crashes immediately on rock)"
hahaha

Megasoum

Banned
the wheel worked perfectly fine. awesome in fact. force feedback felt great, particularly on surface transitions. much like mainline forza (and unlike a lot of arcadey console racers), the game's handling really shines while using a wheel.

wait... your talking map navigation?

fast travel? in a racing game!? i put 100+ hours in fh1 and i have no idea the answer to your question. just drive.

Look if you want to use the stars to navigate instead of a GPS it's not my problem.

op_ivy

Using the map and fast travel on a wheel was a pain in the arse, however on Xbox One you can use a pad alongside a wheel. Should make things easier.

Re' fh2, cant you also use kinect for gps navigation voice commands?

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think it has to do with restarting events? Some games can be very tedious to restart if you have to drive all the way back.

op_ivy

I think it has to do with restarting events? Some games can be very tedious to restart if you have to drive all the way back.

you didnt in horizon 1. well, for some of the club 1000 challenges i suppose you did, but all the "game" races had a restart option.

AndyD

aka andydumi
you didnt in horizon 1. well, for some of the club 1000 challenges i suppose you did, but all the "game" races had a restart option.

I know, I just meant that "fast travel" does have its place in an open world racing game. It's not just about "drive back".

After staring at the new map for a bit zoomed in there is a lot of little grey roads not too visible because of compression, and that half of those fields will most likely be open areas I think that's a damn lot of new space compared to horizon.

Looks a lot more varied then horizon also.

If that was a Horizon 1 map I'd be disappointed because there's so much space without roads we couldn't ever see. But thanks to Horizon 2 it looks like there's so many places off the beaten track to go exploring with a 4x4.

ToiJu

Tried my hand at compiling the map, one from last page was a bit misaligned around Saint-Martin.

F1Lto9.jpg

JLeack

Banned
I ain't gonna lie, Forza Horizon 2 didn't win my interest at E3. However, I am immensely interested now. It looks fantastic... better than The Crew IMO.

RawNuts

I think it's safe to assume that all of the dark green mountainous parts will be non-drivable area; everything else may be fair game, which means there is a whole lot of area to drive on the right side of that map.

Gestault

Has anyone organized a thread for a Neogaf-based FH2 car club? 1000 slots and the variety of talents in this community sounds pretty good to me.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
wow I think I am really going to enjoy the off road racing in this game. We never had such in Horizon 1.

Kssio_Aug

Just watched this last gameplay, and this game seems amazing!!
I can't wait to do some off-road racing! Seems so good!!

Can't wait either for some races on top of cliffs and the adrenaline of trying to avoid being kicked down there!

ToiJu

Okay. It's official. There is NO WAY I can wait for the end of September any longer.

Demo would ease the pain a little, *hint hint*. The amount of time spent with this game will be insane, just the exploration is going to take a while. I want to see what is in the open area in the middle of the woods in the lower left hand corner of the map, looks like there is a path leading there.

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game just looks incredible. I fucking love the idea of going where I want, when I want. And the always connected nature of its online functionality is going to make the world seem positively alive with racing challengers. I don't care one slice about Drivatars, but my god every other option seems insanely novel. This seems like a dream of a racing game I used to have as a young boy who loved videogames.

I hope the community for this specific game isn't dead by the time I get my XBO. Sunset Overdrive bundle is $399, if some business offers the system in a black friday deal for $349.99... I can do it. COME ON *rolls dice*

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man this game just looks incredible. I fucking love the idea of going where I want, when I want. And the always connected nature of its online functionality is going to make the world seem positively alive with racing challengers. I don't care one slice about Drivatars, but my god every other option seems insanely novel. This seems like a dream of a racing game I used to have as a young boy who loved videogames.

I hope the community for this specific game isn't dead by the time I get my XBO. Sunset Overdrive bundle is $399, if some business offers the system in a black friday deal for $349.99... I can do it. COME ON *rolls dice*

Dude, I still play Horizon 1 multiplayer some times. And its been 2 years since the game was released and I still have no trouble finding the matches.

And same thing with Forza 5, if you think I am not making a fair comparison, tons of people are playing online. Never had problem in matchmaking.

This game is going to be strong.

jond76

Banned
Right now for me I'm planning on grabbing one racing game this year. I already have FM5. My choices seem to be this or The Crew. I DON'T KNOW!!

RdN

Did they announce if the multiplayer is going to run on dedicated servers? I ask because the first Horizon suffered with some pretty bad lag from P2P connections.

jem0208

Right now for me I'm planning on grabbing one racing game this year. I already have FM5. My choices seem to be this or The Crew. I DON'T KNOW!!

I think we all know what the correct answer is...

#DRIVECLUB.

I kid of course, FH2 is the way to go. Game looks bloody marvelous, The Crew looks too arcadey for me.

Amir0x

Banned
Dude, I still play Horizon 1 multiplayer some times. And its been 2 years since the game was released and I still have no trouble finding the matches.

And same thing with Forza 5, if you think I am not making a fair comparison, tons of people are playing online. Never had problem in matchmaking.

This game is going to be strong.

Oh don't worry, community wise this game will have legs :)

Thanks guys, that gives me some relief. I want to explode onto the racing scene and take down NeoGAFers. Ya'll better be waiting for my races >:D

p3tran

Banned
Thanks guys, that gives me some relief. I want to explode onto the racing scene and take down NeoGAFers. Ya'll better be waiting for my races >:D

you come and join ForzaGAF
pretty nice bunch of crazy people, I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly fine :)
btw, you wont be taking down any gaffers. unless we are more than a thousand.
you think of it more like forzagaf vs the world ;)

Top Bottom