• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What do you mean "source"? Not taking into account slowdowns, games are generally 30 or 60 fps; all videos of this game on Gamersyde, a site known for conveying 60 fps games as is, are at 30 fps.
They also have videos of lastgen games at 1080p@60fps, it don't mean jack.

What do you mean "source"? Not taking into account slowdowns, games are generally 30 or 60 fps; all videos of this game on Gamersyde, a site known for conveying 60 fps games as is, are at 30 fps.

Wut? That's not "generally" how it is at all. Tons of games run at unlocked framerates.

UnrealEck

They also have videos of lastgen games at 1080p@60fps, it don't mean jack.

I think that's where his "a site known for conveying 60 fps games as is" comment comes in. He's saying if a game is 60 FPS, it's usually presented on their website in a 60 FPS video.

le-seb

izcO0DfR6c0FZ.jpg
There's something disturbing in this shot, in the way the car's lit doesn't seem to match the scenery light conditions.
It's a shame, because the moist atmosphere is otherwise greatly depicted.

i-Lo

Sure? Have seen few reports say frame rate is unlocked 30-60.

Wut? That's not "generally" how it is at all. Tons of games run at unlocked framerates.

Well yes, it could be unlocked as well (like inFSS). However, it's not a locked 60 fps game and it 30fps is the bar for acceptable framerate. Ergo, safe bet for that game would have been the latter. However, as aforementioned, it could very well be unlocked.

VanWinkle

Well yes, it could be unlocked as well (like inFSS). However, it's not a locked 60 fps game and it 30fps is the bar for acceptable framerate. Ergo, safe bet for that game would have been the latter. However, as aforementioned, it could very well be unlocked.

Well you stated it like it being 30fps was a fact. It isn't. More signs point to it being around 60fps than 30.

Mike.83

My first image I've taken, it's Fifa 15, hope that's ok
Byj_9QBIYAERaCL.jpg:orig

Celebrating scoring with my be a pro player, I used the face generator thing so it's meant to look like me, looks more like a suntanned and poorly Frank Lampard

Just downloaded FFXIV after all this time, such a long wait picking this up. SO F'IN GOOD.

Beautiful game too on my TV. Colors just pop right out of the screen and the screen is surprisingly good IQ. Enemies are very detailed and lit up well. Day/Night cycle is just the right speed and the weather seems well done. Was in a massive downpour my first night and could barely seen in the distance. Very good so far.

ibf3bI76FnAWlj.jpg

iyklEn9VgsB34.jpg

iu1VDMd5aDeEy.jpg

Armor sets look so good

I'm loving the look of this game.

How's the framerate?

From IGN's Shadow of Mordor reviewer on reddit when asked about the framerate.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2hhxx1/shadow_of_mordor_gets_a_93_on_ign/

[–]wildtypemetroid 39 points 1 day ago

Does the PS4 version run at 60 or 30 fps? I mean from reading your review (as well as others) I'll still be getting it, but I'm curious.
permalinkparent

[–]DanStapletonDan Stapleton - IGN 153 points 1 day ago
It's 60, but not a constant 60.

valkyre

THose Shadow of Mordor screenshots are looking mighty good...

Can I ask those who have the game, can you disable UI elements such as the mini map?

Top Bottom