• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming feats... Is this even possible???

kick51

Banned
This reminds me that Ninja Gaiden has no business not being on PC.

We've got DmC, Metal Gear Rising, and Batman but no Ninja Gaiden. Come on Tecmo, it's not like you're rolling in money these days.

I think they found their bread and butter in DOA costume packs and people who like waifus. Can't imagine how hard all versions of NG3 flopped and after Hayashi's attempts, can't even be excited about NG4.

Dunan

I wasted to get the "Gemini" trophy (run 10 two-player courses, I think) in Wipeout HD and my better haf had no desire to play it, so I took on the challenge of handling both controllers at once, and trying to get both the 1st and 2nd positions. I succeeded.

I thought I had accomplished something until I found out about one-man, two-player Ikaruga. That guy is insane.

Fantasmo

I think they found their bread and butter in DOA costume packs and people who like waifus. Can't imagine how hard all versions of NG3 flopped and after Hayashi's attempts, can't even be excited about NG4.

I totally agree with you but I like to pretend anything beyond 2 never happened. It would be nice if 1 and 2 came to PC simply because at some point it won't be viable to get an Xbox or a 360 which is kind of a shame.

kick51

Banned
I totally agree with you but I like to pretend anything beyond 2 never happened. It would be nice if 1 and 2 came to PC simply because at some point it won't be viable to get an Xbox or a 360 which is kind of a shame.

That would be awesome, though they would likely be the Sigma versions.

NG1+2 with edition select that contained everything would be pretty goddamn amazing though!!!

Fantasmo

That would be awesome, though they would likely be the Sigma versions.

NG1+2 with edition select that contained everything would be pretty goddamn amazing though!!!

I liked Sigma 1 but Sigma 2 was really watered down. Well except for the coop Challenge mode that was really really cool.

So yeah totally, edition select would a god send. I would love this.

Edit: in regards to the OP, I'm watching the 4 videos right now, the stuff he does in the first video at around 50 minutes up to and including the boss is pretty mind boggling. I'd be shitting my pants the whole time worried about not getting hit. Fuck me, this guy is nuts. Right in the feels. This video brings me back and I'm sweating for him lol. And some of the moves he does, I didn't even know existed.

Also, he's really smart with the dismemberment for crowd control.

gngf123

Final level of Super Hexagon is hard enough..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90etrnPK7_U

Honestly, this isn't too hard. I can pretty much do this every time I boot the game up without trouble. Now, there are people who can play the bonus mode at the end of the game without issue, those people get a mark of respect from me. My record is something like 96 seconds.

Another fun Super Hexagon challenge is to start from Hexagon and work your way through all the stages, something I've only done once (but don't try it that often anyway to be fair).

All of these things are easy mode compared to some of the stuff shown here, though.

Fantasmo

In Chapter 5, video 2, at the 19 minute mark he glitches it out by running underwater somehow to save time and gets out by vaulting off an enemy's head. I don't even...

He went under the map at the 23 minute mark! What is this sorcery?
He runs underwater again at 25 minutes! How is he doing this?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This stage from Kaizo Mario World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmfvpiTWStA

The level designer is amazing for actually coming up with such a goddamn sadistic level.
The designer's friend is amazing for having the skill and patience to beat it. And for having the grace to not kill his designer friend for doing this to him.

Fantasmo

I am just in awe at this point. Between the masses of enemies and projectiles, unblockable boss attacks, and perfect invincibility frames, I'm speechless.

And how is he guaranteeing not getting hit by the turrets' bullets in Chapter 7?

I was ready to be impressed but hes just using a shield that absorbs all the bullets
edit: on second look, i think there's some game mechanic I overlooked, color of the shield for the bullets?

In Ikaruga you absorb the bullets with a shield of the same color (red/black or blue/white). You do this to build up energy for your special weapon. So he has to make sure that he's switching to the right color at the right time on both ships to absorb those bullets. You only take damage by getting hit by a bullet of the opposite color of your shield. Your bullets also change colors when you switch shields, and the opposite enemy color causes double damage.

SOME-MIST

SSERESS' Mushihimesama Futari 1.01 Ultra ALL Clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRI4VoQHrRo

He's the only person in the world to beat that mode, and that probably isn't going to change any time soon.

Most of the world record scores for popular STGs are beyond incredible.

1.01 is the most ridiculous mode ever... I tried to replicate original and maniac clears and faceplanted so hard it's insane.

even though it's not as impressive, I'd also like to throw out MON's ddpdoj death label clear since he was the first person to do it in a 10 year span

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JBDyFC9BE

IISANDERII

Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif

One time when I was a kid my brother and I ran away. While we were at the bus station trying to get tickets to California I played double dragon and scored 50000 points.

Wait, you're the kid that I told to come to my buddy's house! He scared you shitless, lol. But you got lucky at the tourney bro.

MUnited83

For you.
So there's videos of a kid who played through Ninja Gaiden II without getting a scratch on the hardest difficulty. here... I thought the game was pretty hard on normal settings and ridiculously difficult on any setting above that. Is what this kid accomplished one of gamings greatest achievements because I'm beyond impressed by this. What do you guys feel is a great gaming feat that should be greatly respected and appreciated. I can't see anything beating this.
I still think the NG II vid is more impressive. He literally didn't take a single hit over the course of an entire game. On it's hardest settings too.
Keep in mind that the Ninja Gaiden is a segmented run. He didn't go through the entire game without taking damage in one go, he saved at the beggining of specific sections and tried over and over to do a no-damage run. Of course, it's still mighty impressive.

Doss this count as impressive: i can get through rock tunnel and silver cave in the pokemon games without the use of flash. I can do this in the time it will take you to get through both caves with flash.

Top Bottom