• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

liger05

Heads up for those who chose fedex, ignore the estimate delivery date once you track it on fedex.com

The charging stands my bro ordered shipped on the 20/11 and had an estimated delivery date of 26/11 but they arrived yesterday.

Saiyan-Rox

365games are now saying they will be getting their stock by Thursday/Friday.

Guess I'll be waiting until next week then

Just saw this :( was hoping they;d get them on monday but guess I'll not be playing Pokemonn till sometime next monday then.....worst part being no one is home monday/tuesday so the chances of missing it are high.

Atouba

Heads up for those who chose fedex, ignore the estimate delivery date once you track it on fedex.com

The charging stands my bro ordered shipped on the 20/11 and had an estimated delivery date of 26/11 but they arrived yesterday.

Fexex says friday. That would be great! (but the german customs...)

Rich!

All these estimated delivery dates are making me sad. I ordered mine on the 7th. =/

I ordered mine on the 26th September, and it's only arriving today.

You guys ordered much later, and it's only a week or so more you'll have to wait. The rest of europe/america have to wait months!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
aaand dispatched too. Run Forrestdex run!

brilliant! Mine says Thursday

picardsplurg.gif

My New 3DS XL has arrived! :D

new_3ds.jpg

Import, son.

Unless you are in the US, then unfortunately it's a case of reggieshrug.jpeg

UK here.

I cracked and was just about to order a standard model through Fishpond... but they sold out mid-order.
They were up for £132 too :'(
I'll hold off for now (...maybe) but they do still have XL's in stock for £149.

Hasney

Play-asia are back to the standard 1-2 week shipping message. Looks like I'll be dropping the cash on one of those blue XL bad boys tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually changed to 1-5 days. Even better!

Rich!

Holy fuck the back panel is a pain to get off.

Felt like it was going to snap in my hands. Anyhow, system transfer done. Took literally ten minutes. Sweet.

SHarris78

I pre-ordered a N3DS from 365games a few days ago, just logged in to see if theres any movement and notice theres no option to pre-order anymore.

Hope that doesn't mean my order won't be from the first batch they receive - it shouldn't be but I cant help but be a little concerned.

Rich!

The speakers on the XL are amazing. So much better than before

Also, the face buttons are FAR better. Really satisfying click to them.

Rich!

iqntldyGl5M61.JPG

iqftDCDNMZDbx.JPG

iu4vShlt5h1xk.JPG

iBtmcqurBhFmb.JPG

The web browser is fucking amazing. I've been watching stereoscopic 3D videos on youtube, and it's so good. Such a shame this functionality wasn't there at launch. just been watching a 3D vision video of Xenoblade Chronicles! Can't wait for the real thing next year.

Also, I put a screen protector on the top screen. Used the steam filled bathroom trick, worked great. No dust, can't even notice it. No chance at all of screen self-scratching now.

Minto

So mine was shipped from play-asia yesterday and I've got a delivery date of the 12th Jan. That can't be right?

Rich!

oh my god

the network share function on the new nintendo 3DS is fantastic - it's an actual network location! works like a dream, I can even map it as a network drive! And yes, I did call my router that.

i0m4OqxUxSxAk.png

I never have to remove the micro SD card again!

Hasney

oh my god

the network share function on the new nintendo 3DS is fantastic - it's an actual network location! works like a dream, I can even map it as a network drive!

i0m4OqxUxSxAk.png

That's fucking ace. So we can transfer anything to it using that?

Mistle

oh my god

the network share function on the new nintendo 3DS is fantastic - it's an actual network location! works like a dream, I can even map it as a network drive! And yes, I did call my router that.

i0m4OqxUxSxAk.png

This is great, removing the SD is a pain.

MicH

I love looking at the beautiful glossy XL, but I know I'll hate to handle it :p I can't wait to get mine! Hopefully 365games gets their stuck soon

Rich!

Link please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008TRIWLA/

£2.79, free delivery.

the only issue is that whilst the top screen protector fits fine (and is great quality), the bottom one is slightly too small and leaves a gap of around 2mm. But I'm not interested in protecting the bottom screen anyway - it's thicker plastic than the flimsy lens Nintendo use for the top screen.

oh, and DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED CLEANING CLOTH. it's shit, and too rough. I just used a glasses cleaning cloth to get the dust off the screen.

Yrael

How's the screen temperature on your screen? Yellowish, or more blue? (It's a little hard to tell from photos.)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
oh my god

i0m4OqxUxSxAk.png

What in the bloody hell? This is beyond awesome! A console that works as a drive..and from Nintendo nonetheless. My mind is legitimately blown

I seriously think Nintendo should advertise this amazing feature more...but maybe it's too soon for it

Hasney

Oh arse, Play Asia are back to pending stock. May as well wait until they're back in to order and see of 365 get it back in by then.

EDIT: Now I'm not on mobile, it says stock will be back in on Friday. Ordering! ... Or I would if the servers didn't go offline the second I added to cart.

kubus

Anywhere know where I can buy faceplates online?
From cheapest to most expensive (in general)

- Amazon.co.jp (requires forwarding service)
- AmiAmi
- Nippon-Yasan
- Nin-Nin Game
- Play-Asia

I usually go with amazon+Tenso combination or Nippon-Yasan. AmiAmi is really good and cheap but they tend to sell out fast. More info on the shops can be found in the Japanese 3DS Thread's OP.

Top Bottom