• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Nintendont - | Yes, you CAN play GameCube games on your Wii U!

Doczu

Hod do starfox adventures and eternal darkness work with Nnintendont? I heard that these games running as a backup on Wii had problems with sound and music.

Rich!

Hod do starfox adventures and eternal darkness work with Nnintendont? I heard that these games running as a backup on Wii had problems with sound and music.

Flawlessly. Audio streaming works fine now. Didn't before with DIOS MIOS.

I am getting "memory card in slot A is corrupted, format it" message in every game even when I format it individually with those games, is it normal?

Also will 128GB SD/MicroSD cards work?

Rich!

I am getting "memory card in slot A is corrupted, format it" message in every game even when I format it individually with those games, is it normal?

Totally normal. That's because it sets up a new memory card for each game, rather than having one for all. It's the best option because if one game gets corrupted, you don't lose everything.

You will have to format the memory card for each game to begin with, but that's all you need to do.

quesalupa

Guys I'm a total noob with this homebrew stuff so don't hurt me. Is there a way to make custom controls for the wii u pro controller through bluetooth? I'm trying to play Tony Hawk and its downright horrible. If so, how?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Guys I'm a total noob with this homebrew stuff so don't hurt me. Is there a way to make custom controls for the wii u pro controller through bluetooth? I'm trying to play Tony Hawk and its downright horrible. If so, how?

press the minus button to toggle to tony hawk controls

FSLink

Banned
Anybody get the GC adapter working? Supposedly it works after starting Smash Wii U, and then going into the Wii Menu but I haven't been able to get it to run with the lastest Nintendont with the adapter USB (black only) plugged into the bottom of my Wii U and with my USB 3.0 external (external power device too) plugged into top.

Sipheren

Banned
Is multiplayer possible with this, I want to play some Mario Party and Smash with my partner.

I have a Wii Classic Pro Controller and the Wii U Pro Controller.

Rich!

Good to know, that was just hot it started in Nintendont, wasn't sure if GCN games had 16:9 options.

Will use it from now on, thanks.

heh good stuff

It's a mixed bag with native 16:9 support included as an option in the games themselves. SEGA were very good at including it in their games (monkey ball 2, f zero), EA had support in all of theirs, and activision did well with it too. Nintendo...didn't. The only Nintendo produced Gamecube games that actually had widescreen options were those outsourced to external developers such as Mario Strikers and Wave Wace.

However for those without a 16:9 option in the game itself you can force it using Nintendont. It works fine in most game, introduces glitches in some, and is absolutely flawless in others (such as Twilight Princess).

and if you want to really go silly with it, you can enable 16:9 in a game that supports it and then force further widescreen on top of that via Nintendont for an insane FOV!

I installed Nintendon't on my original Wii, working great. I still had my Classic Controller Pro hooked up to my Wii mote, and tried it out on a GC game and it worked perfectly. I lol'd (though I'm sure if I read this thread I would have known you could do other controllers on the Wii) But for the ultimate mind fuck, can you use a Wii U Pro Controller on the original Wii in place of the GC controller?

ZeroX03

Banned
Apparently the adapter is now compatible with nintendont without needing Smash Bros, courtesy of GBATemp's ToadKing. Happy Thanksgiving!

The hero we needed. So glad my Wii U is now the definitive machine for the past three Nintendo gens. Now give us more native VC games.
And a 4:3 option please Nintendont team

ChopperNewt

Neo Member
Fucking perfect. I am preparing my GC discs right now, and the fact that I'll be able to use my original controllers is amazing. Wii U gained like 700% value in my house over the last few days.

Madao

Apparently the adapter is now compatible with nintendont without needing Smash Bros, courtesy of GBATemp's ToadKing. Happy Thanksgiving!

i can confirm it works. i did a Metroid Prime 2 randomizer playthrough the other day and had no problems at all.

(except for no rumble but that's not such a big deal)

all that's needed now is a way to make the adapter work on Wii mode things and the old wii can finally be retired.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Fucking perfect. I am preparing my GC discs right now, and the fact that I'll be able to use my original controllers is amazing. Wii U gained like 700% value in my house over the last few days.
I'm in the same boat bro. I've been kind of cheap about buying the Wii U flagship titles, so it's been this sad little machine in the corner of my room for over 2 years.

But in the last week I've hacked my Wii U vWii mode, moved my USB hdd from the original Wii over (needed a Y-cable to power it), got Wii and GameCube games backed up to it, and now hooked up the GCN controller adapter to it. Glorious. The perfect Nintendo machine.... With amazing picture output quality over HDMI.

I hope Nintendo updates the vWii to support GCN controllers in Wii games (ie Brawl or Tatsunoko vs Capcom). Or if a USB loader could back it in. Then it will be a truly perfect setup.

After that, the only reason you'd need a GCN is for Game Boy Player. The only reason you'd need a Wii is for 240p output on VC games.

Playing Melee through HDMI on a Wii U with a Gamecube controller seems so... bizarre, yet right.

I feel like there's a good bit of input lag and the C-Stick isn't working. Is that just me?

Madao

i haven't felt any input lag in Metroid Prime 1 or 2. maybe it's the nature of the game but it seems fine.

btw, the latest latest update now has rumble working. the Wii U is pretty much a basic GC now. if the machine was hidden away, you couldn't tell it is a Wii U and not a GC.

GC controller adapter for Wii things is gonna need to come from somewhere else though. i'm still keeping my Wii for that (and USB loader since having both a USB device for Wii U games and for Wii USB loading is a hassle)

But for the ultimate mind fuck, can you use a Wii U Pro Controller on the original Wii in place of the GC controller?

I haven't tried it myself, but I know that it's possible with Nintendont and an original Wii.

ToadKing's efforts towards Wii homebrew have always been amazing.

Question about ripping games. I have a late model Wii that doesn't have GC controller ports. Does it still support loading/reading GC discs?

Rich!

The Wii mini? Nope, it was essentially designed for people only interested in Wii software.

He's not on about the Wii Mini. He's on about this:

d6IDp.jpg

the one in the middle. no gamecube ports.

Yeah, I just realized I don't own any Wii games. What are my options?

your option is to buy smash bros brawl. you can always sell it after installing the initial hack, you won't ever need it again.

Top Bottom