• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Shizzlee

I'm really happy about this announcement, especially since I still play the game to this day with what's left of the western community. I'm hoping for a surge of new people and that they stick around. Maybe ranked can finally be played because as of now ranked is all Japan so it lags pretty hard and is not worth playing.

Is this game suppose to be any good?

Any impressions?

I've never touched the single player, but I really like the multiplayer and have sunken countless hours into it. I think it's a good game.

Heard the combat was really repetitive, made me antsy.

Anyone who says that has no idea what they are talking about. It's a 2v2 game like Gundam vs and on top of that, each character has many different advanced combos you can do combined with with the cross break mechanic and assists. This game will never get old to you if you know what you are doing, although certain characters might annoy you...

If anyone is wondering if the game is good or not. Check out the thread for the import version. It has a ton of impressions on it. I always had a bit of hope, that this game would come over. Just didn't expect it to be on PS4 as well.

Hopefully the PS4 version fixes the god awful framerate. The netcode could also use improvement (although this may be because I was playing against Japanese players). A few characters could use some changes because they were OP (I'm looking at you Vegeta and Saiki).

Will they make these improvements? I'm not sure, but I hope so. It would make the game more playable.

Well dang, good job Bamco! Also saves me from importing this cause I been wanting to for some time.

Now go announce Digimon!

Is this game suppose to be any good?

Any impressions?
It's Alright , There is a decent amount of things to do and the character are nicely represented. It's a game that takes a little while before y'ouve done everything.
Battle is fun , but you have to be used to the split-screen

Well the japaneses voice were the only way this game was going to be localised ( can't imagine the mess otherwise )
Those screen are clearer than i remember , but maybe that's the PS4 version ?

Heard the combat was really repetitive, made me antsy.

You don't have much challenge against the AI , it's much better in versus.
You can really use the same combo over and over during story or against the AI , but against an human you have to think much more.and the battle become much more dynamic

DedValve

Banned
Any chances of this being crossbuy? Ah well, I'm going to be busy this year with DBZ, Naruto and now this. Long live anime fighters.

sensui-tomo

Well was slightly hoping for Dual Audio but I guess we cant be picky. Plus I cant even imagine the voices for many characters, like Tsuna...

well besides the costs, maybe they also wanted to avoid an issue where they couldnt get the original english voice for the character, Kenshin himura being the first one to mind since i believe his VA retired.

What the hell? Can we get Super Robot Taisen next?

If it has macross then nope, if you want to blame someone blame HARMONY GOLD.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That amazing feeling of a game you never thought would get localized actually happens. I kept wanting to import this, but I wanted to understand the story mode, & now I can!

I wonder if we'll get additional characters. Hearing "+" makes it sound like we'll get a decent amount of new content. Adding Arcade Mode is kind of nice, but not enough to warrant the title update.

Oh yeah, it would be awesome if we somehow got the Anison Edition with the anime OPs available to play in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

Village

well besides the costs, maybe they also wanted to avoid an issue where they couldnt get the original english voice for the character, Kenshin himura being the first one to mind since i believe his VA retired.

Eh they could get a new guy.

I was also hoping it got Duel audio

Because It would be like the same 7 voice actors doing like a shit ton of people.

I imported the japanese version for my Vita this past summer. Pretty fun game, I love this kind of stuff so I'll probably bite at a low price for this on PS4.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I wonder how Bandai Namco got every licensee together for this release. My god it must of been a pain ;.;

So hyped for this!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, that reminds me. They found files of Yoh (Shaman King), Jotaro (Jojo), Dio (Jojo), & Dai (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken) in the original JPN version. What do you think are the chances they'll be part of this updated version?

........also sorry but Yoh had support data only, so we wasn't planned on being playable.

shaowebb

Legit shook and I dont even give a shit about anime these days. Glad folks are getting this! I was trying for a short while to organise info on this game for folks since it had so many fan tribute moments in it that folks needed to know were there. I'm a fan of getting folks to import good games so I was pushing this one on its demographic out here. Glad they can just buy it soon locally!

Hey, that reminds me. They found files of Yoh (Shaman King), Jotaro (Jojo), Dio (Jojo), & Dai (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken) in the original JPN version. What do you think are the chances they'll be part of this updated version?

........also sorry but Yoh had support data only, so we wasn't planned on being playable.

Oh wow I watched Dai as a kid and I always wondered why it looked so similar to DQ. o_O TIL

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I didn't read the thread correctly and came in to see the new changes, and then realized they are localizing this, wow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, they managed to keep Ken from Fist of the North Star in? I kind of figured Koei Tecmo having the US rights would've been an issue, but I guess not.

From what I'm seeing, there doesn't seem to be any franchises not mentioned/represented in the screenshots or the promo art. Then again, I think the only one Namco didn't have the rights to was, again, Fist of the North Star, but otherwise, every other franchise, they owned (OP, Naruto, DBZ) or nobody else had the game rights for.

In any case, this is sitting right next to my copy of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom & will be a constant reminder of the amazing things that can get localized.

Legit, I did not expect this to get brought over. I'm not the hugest Shonen fan but I'll probably get it when it comes out.

Now if we can just get Super Robot Wars over here without Harmony Gold being a prick about it.

Clov

They can't all have Macross, surely.

This is true, and I can imagine that without that massive hurdle it would be a bit easier to bring the games over. That being said, the newest SRW game on PS3 and Vita has... several Macross series featured, from the looks of things.

t26

Woah, they managed to keep Ken from Fist of the North Star in? I kind of figured Koei Tecmo having the US rights would've been an issue, but I guess not.

From what I'm seeing, there doesn't seem to be any franchises not mentioned/represented in the screenshots or the promo art. Then again, I think the only one Namco didn't have the rights to was, again, Fist of the North Star, but otherwise, every other franchise, they owned (OP, Naruto, DBZ) or nobody else had the game rights for.

In any case, this is sitting right next to my copy of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom & will be a constant reminder of the amazing things that can get localized.

Koei probably didnt have exclusive right to FotNS, just like Bleach games were released by different publishers in the West

sensui-tomo

They can't all have Macross, surely.

It is the worst case scenario, due to some legal bs mumbo jumbo they have all rights to it more or less. "Harmony Gold issued cease and desist orders against sites displaying images and trailers from the video game MechWarrior Online.[3] The company claims that the images portray ’mechs that they own the rights to, according to a legal settlement from 1996.[4]

In addition, Harmony Gold’s license for Macross came from Tatsunoko Production, but Japanese courts ruled that it was Studio Nue (creators of the series) that controls the Macross intellectual property. The license Tatsunoko was given was for international distribution outside Japan only, and does not allow them to control the intellectual property" and here is an article http://kotaku.com/5990702/why-you-havent-seen-any-new-macross-in-the-west-for-nearly-15-years

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Koei probably didnt have exclusive right to FotNS, just like Bleach games were released by different publishers in the West
Hmm, possibly. Just figured since they released both Ken's Rage games here.

& speaking earlier of files of Jotaro & Dio being found, maybe they have a chance of being added in since Namco has the Jojo rights.

L Thammy

It is the worst case scenario, due to some legal bs mumbo jumbo they have all rights to it more or less. "Harmony Gold issued cease and desist orders against sites displaying images and trailers from the video game MechWarrior Online.[3] The company claims that the images portray ’mechs that they own the rights to, according to a legal settlement from 1996.[4]

In addition, Harmony Gold’s license for Macross came from Tatsunoko Production, but Japanese courts ruled that it was Studio Nue (creators of the series) that controls the Macross intellectual property. The license Tatsunoko was given was for international distribution outside Japan only, and does not allow them to control the intellectual property" and here is an article http://kotaku.com/5990702/why-you-havent-seen-any-new-macross-in-the-west-for-nearly-15-years

I'm guessing Femmeworth means "there has to be some Super Robot Wars game without Macross".
Off the top of my head, Super Robot Wars W was known for having only series that had Western license holders. And no Macross.

Top Bottom