• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Nuszka

More space in vault coming: Confirmed

DeeJ:
"Before anyone asks: We know you want more room in your Vaults for your favorite weapons. We know how much you want it. We want that for you. It's a think we're talking about. New game features take time to build. Hang in there, and hope for the future."

Linky: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/96918406/0/0/1

By the way, another shit Xur visit.

Honestly. I play Warframe from time to time, used to play it a lot before Destiny released, and they have a small team working on weekly updates, have played the game last night since a month and the changes they implemented are bigger... i will stop right there. It is not even a point to compare the two, especially when it comes in regards of communicating with their fanbase.

Shito

I am terrified to image what bugs may occur if the Vault update is not flawless.

Ghorns missing, banked beads gone, etc.

I am scared.
Best not to update it as soon as it hits.
If we ever get it, that is: the way Deej words it still makes it quite uncertain, and probably not for now at. all.

Nuszka

Xur :|

At least I got the mask of the 3rd man upgrade, but now I need glimmer bad.

Anyone have a gatekeeper checkpoint (normal mode) could I grab that from you pleaaaaaaaase?

Are you gonna be farming i think i will start in about an hour.

Resseh

when xur finally sells Gjallahorn, subsequent weeks are just going to be nonstop moaning as there will be nothing else people wants? :p

Namikaze1

Starfire Protocol has definitely become the new Voidfangs Vestmants. Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time that was on sale. I think the last week I saw it was the week after Dark Below launched.

edit: if anyone wants to do a little glimmer farm, just shoot me an invite.

The sword is a good start indeed, but then they build in two DPS checks in the encounter (Shield & Oversoul). So wouldn't really call it progress. Perfect example of Bungie's one step forward, two steps back developing philosophy.

Yep, definitely agreed. The sword could be great, there's a reason it's so fun to chop up Scroto Baggins. But there's nothing compelling designed around that starting point. No mechanics and meaningful phase transitions... just control adds + DPS shields while one person does the "fun" part.

I'm just baffled why they didn't make the encounter more, or even completely, dependent on the sword, or another relic-like item. GHorn busted? No worries, make a sweet encounter using little or no weapon load outs at all. The sense of movement and freedom is so compelling, would anyone have complained about a raid boss like that? "Oh no, I can't use the same weapons I use in every other part of the game ever and burn all my synth...."

Look at the last Urn quest mission: everyone who managed to get past Urzok's dumb ass absolutely loved it. That was a real starting point to build from, and yet....

when xur finally sells Gjallahorn, subsequent weeks are just going to be nonstop moaning as there will be nothing else people wants? :p

Hence the quandary with that gun.

I have a feeling that Comet will reset the table so to speak. The leaked slide mentions that base level will be increased to 30. I suspect all the current min level 20 weapon/gear base will be supplanted by an entirely new set of weapons/gear with Comet requiring a new level 30 base level

edit: if anyone wants to do a little glimmer farm, just shoot me an invite.

Yep, definitely agreed. The sword could be great, there's a reason it's so fun to chop up Scroto Baggins. But there's nothing compelling designed around that starting point. No mechanics and meaningful phase transitions... just control adds + DPS shields while one person does the "fun" part.

I'm just baffled why they didn't make the encounter more, or even completely, dependent on the sword, or another relic-like item. GHorn busted? No worries, make a sweet encounter using little or no weapon load outs at all. The sense of movement and freedom is so compelling, would anyone have complained about a raid boss like that? "Oh no, I can't use the same weapons I use in every other part of the game ever and burn all my synth...."

Look at the last Urn quest mission: everyone who managed to get past Urzok's dumb ass absolutely loved it. That was a real starting point to build from, and yet....

They could have done something with the Gatekeeper rather than simply being an add to stop one particular strategy (That ultimately failed anyway). There could have been some sort of buff or relic to drop from killing the Gatekeeper to add some sort of risk/reward.

Suros in its current state is 2nd tier for PvP. Hawkmoon, Thorn, Vex are 1st tier. I still can't believe they nerfed it twice.
Me and you both. After the second nerf was when I went what they hell are they doing with exotics. The second nerf was to bring the Suros perk in line with glass half full and I just thought to myself why call the perk Suros then? At that point just change the Suros perk to Glass half full if that's what you're going for. So dumb.

On that token am I the only one that feels like exotics should only have perks that can't be found on any other weapons. Why the hell does Ice breaker have mulligan? What's so special about it? You can get that perk on a freaking blue weapon. They couldn't think of anything else? Except if it's not mulligan it has then I'm just crazy.

They could have done something with the Gatekeeper rather than simply being an add to stop one particular strategy (That ultimately failed anyway). There could have been some sort of buff or relic to drop from killing the Gatekeeper to add some sort of risk/reward.

A second sword drop from the gatekeeper would have been epic! And give that extra bit of wiggle room for all the glitches.

I only have about 20 minutes left before work, wanted to at least grab CP for later. Can you try and get one today so I may steal it from you when I get back?

Thought I had it but checked my characters and it's gone somehow... :(

Ah well we can bust out this daily quick...

noomi

Thought I had it but checked my characters and it's gone somehow... :(

Ah well we can bust out this daily quick...

No worries, thanks for checking and thanks for the help, this is the only daily I ever struggle to complete solo lol

*edit*

crap I didn't even realize it snowed more over night. I have to leave earlier so I can clean my car now.....

Bungie will never sell Ghorn again. Not unless player population falls or until Destiny 2 is right around the corner, when it no longer matters.

There's a reason why they sold it the first week when few knew how good it was, let alone had the coins to buy it and it's been gone since to the same RNGated place they've locked away Thunderlord.

I bet they are just afraid people will dip once they complete their exotic collections and have seen enough Wolfpack action.

Jinjo

I am terrified to image what bugs may occur if the Vault update is not flawless.

Ghorns missing, banked beads gone, etc.

I am scared.

Which is probably the reason it's taking so long. Also, you don't put your Gjallarhorn(s) in the vault, what's wrong with you? ;P

Exactly, should have just given everyone swords and make it this big arena style battle where everyone has to work together timing sword attacks to damage. Give Crota some goddamn agility and just make him regular knight size. Make the battle have multiple phases you have to survive etc. and you have all the ingredients for an epic sword battle. I am pretty sure they just can't program an interesting boss AI to save their lives though, which is why they resort to this. All the bosses are slow and have very predictable pathfinding. With extra sponge added for good measure.

Yes saving CPs over weekly reset is easy if you're already online then. We always try to propagate the popular CPs from week to week. The actual hard Gorgons CP being passed around these days is honestly probably a month old (i.e. when we actually played hard VoG from the start). Kinda crazy to think about actually....

1.) hard Gorgons- exotic chance chest
2.) normal GKeepers- glimmer farm
3.) normal DSinger + Scrota- easy version of DS, and if people want secondary/heavies
4.) hard Scrota- combined with #3, only have to do him and then fresh-->bridge

Bungie will never sell Ghorn again. Not unless player population falls or until Destiny 2 is right around the corner, when it no longer matters.

There's a reason why they sold it the first week when few knew how good it was, let alone had the coins to buy it and it's been gone since to the same RNGated place they've locked away Thunderlord.

I bet they are just afraid people will dip once they complete their exotic collections and have seen enough Wolfpack action.

Good point. The allure of Gjallarhorn is what keeps me playing. As much as I want it, I am certain that after maxing it out and playing a few raids, my drive to play will quickly decline. It is essentially the only reason I keep playing, once that carrot is gone, I probably quit.

Sullichin

Neither of the DLC dailies are fun to solo. At least not the 4th time this week.

They come up way too often. But The Wakening is actually one of my favorite missions to solo. Thunderlord is perfect for it. The soul goes down in 1 clip as soon as you kill the Wakers. I hate soloing the other mission.

Shito

Only shards out of the gorgon chests.

Amazing
Been my story forever on that chest.
Still have to get a single exotic out of it...

People were saying the same thing about Icebreaker, and were proven wrong.
Also, I can't speak for anyone, but as for me, as of now, I would actually play the game WAY MORE if I had a Horn than I am now without it. No real reason or drive to play it a lot right now, as the Horn situation is depriving me of the joys of getting an exotic drop. It's sad, but whenever an exotic drops, my first thought is always "crap, it's not the Horn". Even when I got my Hawkmoon weeks ago, my first reaction was being disappointed it was not Gjallarhorn. Of course, right afterwards I was fucking happy to get Hawkmoon, but the fact is that one of the best things about this game, looting an exotic, had become a source of disappointment for me. And I agree it is stupid, but I can't help it.

SAiLO

Good point. The allure of Gjallarhorn is what keeps me playing. As much as I want it, I am certain that after maxing it out and playing a few raids, my drive to play will quickly decline. It is essentially the only reason I keep playing, once that carrot is gone, I probably quit.

Best thing about the Horn: It's fun to use. That lock-on sound and watching a big chunk of yellow bar disappears after initial hit and then another big chunk gone from Wolfpack Rounds.

It won't make you quit Destiny, trust me.

I thought the daily story was meant to be rng? For something that is rng(if it is) the same damn 3 or 4 missions must have some serious weight added to them. If it isn't rng, then mix it up bungie ffs.

Carn82

I have that with Hawkmoon. It will probably drop just like the Horn, out of a strike legendary engram ;/

Jinjo

You will find a new "Gjallarhorn" to pursue trust me. I have three maxed babyhorns and I'm still playing, searching and maxing out other stuff. I finally got my coveted Monte Carlo from Nightfall yesterday which I will be working on in the week(s) to come.

You will find a new "Gjallarhorn" to pursue trust me. I have three maxed babyhorns and I'm still playing, searching and maxing out other stuff. I finally got my coveted Monte Carlo from Nightfall yesterday which I will be working on in the week(s) to come.

pretty much

getting the horn was more exciting than using the horn personally

Best thing about the Horn: It's fun to use. That lock-on sound and watching a big chunk of yellow bar disappear after initial hit and then another big chunk gone from Wolfpack Rounds.

It won't make you quit Destiny, trust me.

I'll probably just reduce my playing time significantly. I wouldn't push myself to do every raid exotic roll and Nightfall every reset. I would be able to play a lot more casually, and just for fun.

Steroyd

Bungie will never sell Ghorn again.

I used to believe this, but I think HM crota is at a point where Bungie would be okay selling the Gjallarhorn at least once, if they do something similar with House of Wolves that is, Atheon being the only raid and being cleared so quickly with the horn saw to it that wasn't getting sold that year, but I can see it a while after the second expansion.

Jinjo

I'll probably just reduce my playing time significantly. I wouldn't push myself to do every raid exotic roll and Nightfall every reset. I would be able to play a lot more casually, and just for fun.

That's something I started doing too, not forcing myself to do everything every week and my enjoyment has gone up a lot. I still play a lot though. I only do Gorgons if someone is offering the checkpoint, Atheon when bored and never bother with DS. I always run Nightfalls though. And I think starting next week I'll limit my Crota hard runs to one a week (if I get my Hunter boots this week) only really want the Defiant still. Maybe add one normal run to mop up the remaining raid specials I still need.

Jinjo

I know people thought it couldn't get any worse than the Xur three weeks ago, but I think this is officially the worst one. Exotic boots for both Titan and Hunter (I only use the Hunter boots out of necessity to get to Level 32). The new Voidfang Vestments for Warlocks, gauntlet engrams, and no heavy ammo.

Bravo Bungie. Bravo.

SdP4oYu.gif

Exactly, should have just given everyone swords and make it this big arena style battle where everyone has to work together timing sword attacks to damage. Give Crota some goddamn agility and just make him regular knight size. Make the battle have multiple phases you have to survive etc. and you have all the ingredients for an epic sword battle..

destiny_the_dark_below_2.jpg

Steroyd

People were saying the same thing about Icebreaker, and were proven wrong.

Icebreaker doesn't make Bungie design encounters around it, plus they had a raid weapon that is a rather decent sometimes better alternative in the Black Hammer when they sold it.

Top Bottom