• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 minutes of new Project CARS [PS4] footage.

ironcreed

Banned
That is one fine looking racing game and I mean fine. Shame it is going to have to wait, but I'll get around to it.

Gestault

Tail-lights in the noon-ish sunlight look so excellent here. The virtual camera movements for the bonnet-cam are continuing to look really nice, too. That was a strength of the Shift games.

AmyS

I do have high hopes for Project Cars. It's the next game on PS4 I plan to purchase.

Will there be a physical retail release?

cat.gif

Looks great.

Megasoum

Banned
I do have high hopes for Project Cars. It's the next game on PS4 I plan to purchase.

Will there be a physical retail release?

For consoles? Of course... PC? I'm pretty sure yes but will probably limited like every other games.

Looks very good for 1080p/60FPS.
Especially the 43 car race and the rain is pretty impressive. Except for the droplets on the windshield.
I'm spoiled by Driveclub, I guess.

Hope it's locked at 60fps, like Forza MS.

The fact that they couldn't get the X1 version running at 1080p60fps suggests that the PS4 version won't be a locked 60 fps.

We are talking about a game with over 40 car fields, dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, and indepth simulation physics engine after all.

As long as there is no noticeable screen tearing or drops, it should be ok, though.

EDIT: Because people keep quoting this

But I'll readily admit that it's out of my ass speculation that according to VVV is wrong. The game apparently runs at a solid 60fps on PS4.

My post was more on the micro level of how I hope the game runs on the console of my choice (PS4). Not intending to look at the macro level of how it fits into the grand scheme of console wars, because I have no interest in peddling that bullshit.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.

Helmet cam alone makes me want to pick this up. There's a really visceral almost CG quality to it with all the head turning/bobbing and the DoF effect blurring the foreground. The large number races also look very dynamic with all the AI jostling for position.

EDIT: WHOA @ the crash in the F1 video

Cyborg

Looks very good for 1080p/60FPS.
Especially the 43 car race and the rain is pretty impressive. Except for the droplets on the windshield.
I'm spoiled by Driveclub, I guess.

I love DriveClub, it is by far the best race game I have played. I loved Gran Turismo but DriveClub, the sense of speed had made me fall in love with race games all over again.

ckohler

Looks really impressive. The only minor issue I saw were all the trees popping-out of existence in the rearview mirror.

Journey

Banned
The fact that they couldn't get the X1 version running at 1080p60fps suggests that the PS4 version won't be a locked 60 fps.

We are talking about a game with over 40 car fields, dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, and indepth simulation physics engine after all.

As long as there is no noticeable screen tearing or drops, it should be ok, though.

Hmm, that doesn't suggest they didn't lock the framerate, if anything it proves that they're willing to bring the res down on X1 in order to guarantee 60fps even if it was just barely missing the mark, and if that's the case, then it could well be hitting 60fps just fine on PS4.

DavidDesu

Yep, I'm buying this!

Helmet cam looks great. That water droplet effect on the camera lens however still looks like ass. Seems it's not going to be changed any time soon. Looks nothing like water droplets on a camera lens that I've ever seen, look to Driveclub or the Codemaster's F1 games to see how it should look. Not a huge problem, but if you can turn these off I will be much happier!

43 car race on PS4 and not a problem with framerate... jesus. Also the replays look pretty good with that many cars. Anyone know if replays are 60fps too or is it like GT where they halve the framerate for replays?

I love the structure to this game, everything available straight away, no annoying credits and grinding involved just to drive the better cars. THAT is something that the next Gran Turismo game MUST sort out. I want to buy the game and just go off and play around with whatever car I want, none of this racing in their rubbish career mode for hundreds of hours just to buy the most expensive car in the game. I understand why they do it, but it doesn't suit me and many like me, who buy the game for the content, not so much the game itself (the game has not evolved in GT since the start. Same old repetitive unexciting, unrealistic crap and you can just tune up your car to win which defeats the purpose anyway as you can usually brute force it so the grinding is even more soulless).

Megasoum

Banned
Yep, I'm buying this!

Helmet cam looks great. That water droplet effect on the camera lens however still looks like ass. Seems it's not going to be changed any time soon. Looks nothing like water droplets on a camera lens that I've ever seen, look to Driveclub or the Codemaster's F1 games to see how it should look. Not a huge problem, but if you can turn these off I will be much happier!

43 car race on PS4 and not a problem with framerate... jesus. Also the replays look pretty good with that many cars. Anyone know if replays are 60fps too or is it like GT where they halve the framerate for replays?

I love the structure to this game, everything available straight awya, no annoying credits and grinding involved just to drive the better cars. THAT is something that the next Gran Turismo game MUST sort out. I want to buy the game and just go off and play around with whatever car I want, none of this racing in their rubbish career mode for hundreds of hours just to buy the most expensive car in the game. I understand why they do it, but it doesn't suit me and many like me, who buy the game for the content, not so much the game itself (the game has not evolved in GT since the start. Same old repetitive unexciting, unrealistic crap and you can just tune up your car to win which defeats the purpose anyway.)

The career mode is soooooo gooooddd

Journey

Banned
While that could be true, I don't think that line of reasoning is solid.

Yep, could also be that X1 just barely missed the 60fps lock and was reduced to the next step down, whereas the PS4 has plenty of headroom. In any case, I'm sure DF will have some results soon.

_machine

Yep, I'm buying this!

You can turn them off :)

I believe it's 60fps since there are no additional effects added.

I remember the developers saying that they were hitting quite steady 60fps months ago, but it's fair to say that given the massive differences between situations I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor drops in nighttime rain and full grid.

dugdug

Banned
So conflicted about what platform to get his on (PC or PS4). Are there any DLC exclusivity deals I'm unaware of?

DavidDesu

I just remembered this game is being touted as supporting Morpheus the minute Morpheus is out. DAMN, I need to get myself a new wheel (goodnight DFGT) and a wheel stand! Holy hell the future is upon us!

DavidDesu

You can turn them off :)

Thank you! I'm all aboard the hype train for this game again. Hopefully no more delays. Will be nice having a proper PS4 sim that resembles Race Pro more than the esoteric GT games. I love the quirkyness of GT but the games have a lot of issues. Hope load times in PCars are not huge, Driveclub perhaps spoiled us in this regard though..

Daffy Duck

Looks fantastic!

Is there a car list out there for this?

Also thank god the steering wheel doesn't shake at speed, that bugs the hell out of me in racing games.

Edit: this game has Monza? Day one.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Looks spectacular. Fingers crossed it's also the right sim model for my tastes.

pixelation

Said it on the other thread but... with DC and PC being as visually impressive as they are, the bar has been raised for GT7 and PD i hope they manage to impress, but i'm doubtful that they will manage to trump them both... hopefully i'll end up chomping on crow.

The trackside detail in the game seems to have come a lonngggggg way from a year ago.
I noticed this in the pc thread too in all the newer videos etc.

The tracks used to look like last gen shit (especially compared to the beautiful cars and the nice cloud and lighting system)

Respawn

Banned

This post makes no sense. The fact that its running at 1080p 60 on PS4 means they can achieve that on one but not the other. The hardware is capable.

Or maybe, just maybe one of the consoles is more powerful than the other...?

Seriously do people honestly not understand that the PS4 has a pretty big GPU increase over the X1 and a easier to use memory system.

This post makes no sense. The fact that its running at 1080p 60 on PS4 means they can achieve that on one but not the other. The hardware is capable.

Locked 60fps vs "60fps most of the time" though? There is a difference.

I'm buying the game on PS4 and feel great about doing so btw, just to dispel any notion of bias against that system.

VVV reported that he saw a solid 60fps so I'm going to trust him and say that my fears were not well-founded.

Top Bottom