• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some PSP games playable on my Vita

Percy

Banned
Valkyria Chronicles 2 should be a top priority imo. Really fantastic game.

Dissidia 012 is well worth a look as well (Ignore the first game as all it's content is in 012 already).

I looked for Jeanne D'Arc yesterday but it's not on the EU store from what I could tell. Not through the vita anyway, let me check the web store...nope.

Never came out in Europe for some reason :/

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Daxter
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Midnight Club LA Remix
Prinny: Can I really be the hero?
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Ridge Racer
Star Wars: Elite Squadron
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Tekken 6
WipEout Pure
WipEout Pulse
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Ys Seven

I know it's a long list, but I genuinely rate all of these games very highly and they're all Vita-compatible in Europe.

UCBooties

All of Sting's RPGs are available through PSN. They are each fairly quirky but they have wonderful art and good stories.

Riviera: The Promised Land -

Somewhere between a visual novel and an RPG it is story heavy with quicktime events to get bonuses or choose paths. The wrinkle for the combat system is that every weapon you receive has a limited number of uses before it breaks so you need to manage your resources to end fights quickly so you don't burn through your attack options before you need them. Mastery of items is also tied to your stat growth so it is a balancing act. Fortunately you can increase your mastery in practice battles that do not use up usages for your weapons.

Yggdra Union-

A tactics game based on cards. Wonderful gameplay and a battle system that gets a lot deeper as it goes on. The game can be difficult after the first few tutorial missions but if you loose it gives you items that can be used to power up your cards before your try again.

Knights in the Knightmare-

A fusion between Strategy RPG and Bullet Hell (No Really), Knights in the Knightmare is probably the oddest game Sting has ever released. I don't think I can adequately explain how it works but each encounter is broken up into stages where you control a wisp and take over Knights who have died to try to defeat monsters. Depending on how well you perform in each stage you can change the story or unlock new knights to control.

Gungnir-

Probably the most straightforward game Sting has made that has been released in the West. Gungnir is a strategy RPG that is heavily influenced by Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. The game does introduce some of its own wrinkles such as a focus on unique items that calls back to Riviera: The Promised Land and also a time mechanic that can have effects on turn order and conditions on the battlefield, such as if the day turns to night for example.

Sting also provided art for the RPG Hexyz Force which is a fairly straightforward 3D RPG with two stories to play through depending on which character you choose at the beginning of the game.

Sting also apparently worked with Idea Factory on Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection. I have never played this game so I can't make any recommendations regarding it.

Side note: For a while Dissidia Duodecim and Z.H.P. weren't showing up on the store so I'm glad to see them back and will happily add my recommendation for those.

Megatron

GTA liberty city stories and vice city stories are both on sale for one more day. You can download lcs directly to the vita but I think for vcs you might need a ps3 to do it, which you dont have I guess.

Maligna

Banned
GTA liberty city stories and vice city stories are both on sale for one more day. You can download lcs directly to the vita but I think for vcs you might need a ps3 to do it, which you dont have I guess.

I do have a PS3. I wasn't a Sony guy before, but I'm all in now. Haha.

Zettai Hero Project!
250px-ZhpUnlosingRanger.jpg

Really fun little rogue-like with a silly story! You pretty much take the place of a fallen hero and die and level repeatedly to get on the level of the final boss which you fight multiple times. When you fight Darkdeath the first time you get a NES RPG style battle since you're so weak and as you progress going through areas you get improved graphics and attacks upon rematches.

damn this game really sounds cool.
20$ bucks though...

was hard to find the game on the store if you went by the search bar

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/zhp/cid=UP1063-ULUS10559_00-ZHP0000000000001

damn this game really sounds cool.
20$ bucks though...

was hard to find the game on the store if you went by the search bar

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/zhp/cid=UP1063-ULUS10559_00-ZHP0000000000001

Yeah! This game is so great! One of my favorite psp games. It is fun rogue-like and the story is that zany Nippon Ichi fare and it has a lot of replay value too! I have been keeping tabs on it because I want to have it on my Vita but it hasn't gone on sale in a long time. Last time was probably over a year ago and it was just $5 off. Been looking for it to drop to $10 to repurchase. But definitely worth the $20 if you are playing it for the first time!

Top Bottom