• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread - 2015 - Making promising projects a reality...again

One of these days, somebody will hit upon a crazy solution to the whole "Mobile/Tablet gaming library on TV" thing....seems less than likely at this junction especially with how this ZRRO thing has seemingly went off rails...but at least it has got to be far closer now versus a couple years back.

Last 9 days for Dungeons of Aledorn with a "steep" $30K to go and an updated demo released---I'd hoped they'd convert at least a good fraction of the Seven Dragon Saga backers but this is seemingly not the case....they've heaped on the details and done about as much as possible/more than many other KS campaigns considering their meager means. I mean, it is a more involved cRPG than most with it channeling the Arkania series strongly in spirit, and the last attempt or so at even Henkel himself trying to make it happen on KS has also fallen flat.

I half wonder if it is just a case at folks balking at it, despite the demo and all else, coming from a Czech outfit compared to stuff out of the UK or US....?

It is almost like Underworld somehow sucked the air out of the room a bit and folks are waiting until Bard's Tale IV to breathe again.

Songbringer's Kickstarter is planned for mid-April
3oEduQmOrk5XmxZFE4.gif

Acosta

Any thoughts on the Little Devil Inside campaign? I'm disappointed that it's already made 43k. All the signs point to being either a very poorly prepared campaign or a scam.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside

Oh nice! And yeah, there are a few campaigns I need to add

What is disappointing about it? The pitch catches the imagination (even if it´s not real). I have seen KS doing better with much less than that.

I won't back it until I'm convinced they can deliver, but I understand the appeal.

What is disappointing about it? The pitch catches the imagination (even if it´s not real). I have seen KS doing better with much less than that.

I won't back it until I'm convinced they can deliver, but I understand the appeal.
Everthing about it sets off warning bells:
- No info on the creators, how funds will be used, etc.
- The site had literally no info on the game and then was updated with the KS link and nothing else
- The game popped up out of nowhere on Greenlight, with no history. No devlog, no site, nothing to show that game existed in any form beforehand. A game this ambitious, that's very suspect
- The campaign is nothing but vague descriptions and hopes
This game is not just about killing arch-demons and saving the world. Take in the atmosphere and live a realistic life in an unrealistic world. This is a game that tells stories about people with 'unusual' jobs such as hunting monsters and what happens in their everyday life doing so.
As opposed to developing fully life-like, high polygon characters and objects with intense level of textures, the intended design essence and aesthetics is to create a subtle but powerful sense of emptiness for each player to fill for themselves throughout the game experience.
Although the game will be governed by a main plot, we don't necessarily intend this to be the end in itself. We wish to put our efforts and focus on all the means to an end where players can engage and experience the world and the happenings that arise in the world - to an extent where the main plot may not be very relevant at times.
Respond to many hidden, unexpected events. It is our hope to provide as much spontaneous trigger events to give as much detail as possible to reflect everyday life as an adventurer to make your game play as unique as possible and thicken your storyline for an in-depth experience.
So far, we have met a lot of talented friends through various multimedia and game projects and we finally have a plan and vision to give them the assurance they need and bring them on board. What we need now is a little kick. We have confidence in this project.
See what I mean? It's a lot of "We wish, we hope", a lot of telling but not showing. A good campaign shows you what exists already and how the devs plan to build on that existing foundation. Compare that to other campaigns like Slain and Halcyon 6

Basically everthing about the campaign should make people pause. The video feels more like a mock up than actual gameplay.

Acosta

Everthing about it sets off warning bells:
- No info on the creators, how funds will be used, etc.
- The site had literally no info on the game and then was updated with the KS link and nothing else
- The game popped up out of nowhere on Greenlight, with no history. No devlog, no site, nothing to show that game existed in any form beforehand. A game this ambitious, that's very suspect
- The campaign is nothing but vague descriptions and hopes

See what I mean? It's a lot of "We wish, we hope", a lot of telling but not showing. A good campaign shows you what exists already and how the devs plan to build on that existing foundation.

Basically everthing about the campaign should make people pause. The video feels more like a mock up than actual gameplay.

Yes, I completely understand you. It´s a long campaign however, let's see how it pans out, I'm sure there will be interest from media in covering it and maybe then we will have our answers.

Added to Ongoing

Violent Little Things
In Violent Little Things, you'll fight off an onslaught of monsters in frenetic side-scrolling action, using a variety of weapons and defenses you've collected. Levels are tight and personal, and you can be quickly overrun if you're not careful. Your enemies, the Forgelings, come in unrelenting waves to destroy your crystals. You can fight them off, but only with constructions you've placed and the weapon in your hand.
lNqI6IE.gif

Outland 17
Outland 17 is a Tactical RPG inspired by the American revolutionary war. A pick-up-and-play style game with unique colonial punk flair.
oMQk99K.gif

Songbringer
Explore millions of unique and lush worlds rife with re-awakened evil, forgotten artifacts and heroes jailed for centuries.
G1HrFFi.jpg

Little Devil Inside
Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with humans, creatures and monsters to interact with, learn and hunt - journey, survive and discover the world that exists beyond.
RudFtUP.jpg

Added to Upcoming
XO - Summer
In XO you command a ragtag fleet of starships against an unbeatable enemy. You'll be evacuating refugees, scrounging for resources, overcoming political treachery, and assembling your flock from one jump point to the next. Your goal is to lead what's left of humanity out of reach from the unknown threat that pursues.
k2PASm3.gif

Added to Ongoing
Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse
Zelda meets Don’t Starve. A unique blend of adventuring and survival.
9PXMzYs.gif

Ultimate Chicken Horse
The party platformer where you build the level as you play! Place blocks & deadly traps. Screw with your friends. Get to the flag!
93m4EUy.gif

Herald
Herald is an interactive period drama about colonialism. A choice-driven, 3D point and click adventure game
0ORZCEq.gif

Added to Ongoing

The Intergalactic Trashman
2D platformer and space exploration game: face your destiny and save the galaxy from the growing darkness.
BTmGg0D.jpg

Formula Fusion
Upgrade your craft, advance through the classes, earn your place as champion. Witness the dawn of anti-gravity racing.
xAn6az4.jpg

Elsinore
In Elsinore you play as Ophelia, a young noblewoman of Denmark, who awakes from a terrible vision: in four days, everyone in Elsinore Castle will be dead. To make matters worse, the vision has inexplicably thrown her into a time loop. Forced to relive the same four days over and over again, Ophelia must learn to survive in Elsinore, doing everything in her power to change the future.
sQPZDQB.jpg

Apartment: A Separated Place
Nick just got dumped by his girlfriend of four years. Explore the wreckage of their relationship in this narrative adventure game.
sHkXUd5.jpg

Bishop Games

Neo Member
Hey guys,

We have officially launched our Kickstarter campaign for Light Fall:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bishopgames/light-fall-escape-the-light-embrace-the-night

Light Fall is a storydriven platformer set in the Forgotten World of Numbra, a land permanently shrouded in darkness. The game provides huge liberty to the player with the flexible Shadow Core as the main game mechanic. There is also a huge potential for Speed running, for the most skilled players out there.

Here's a gif of one of the rewards, an exclusive in-game skin for the main character and the Shadow Core:
TEASEKS.gif

Thanks for the support and have a wonderful day :)

garin

Neo Member
Hi, I'm the creator of the Monsters' Den series of web RPGs.

The next game in the series is the biggest by far, and it's going downloadable for PC and Mac. Monsters' Den: Godfall is currently on Kickstarter and could use your support!

It's a turn-based dungeon-crawler focused on tactical combat, loot, and randomized dungeons. Please consider giving it a look.

GIF_dungeon.gif

If this is satire, it's amazing. If it's real, I'm terrified for this guy.

Oh my god. $1 funding goal. I never understood why it took so long for someone to realize they could do that.

Well, maybe it's because not every project is a get rich quick scheme. I didn't listen to his entire 87 minute [!!!] manifesto. But it basically boiled down to: "you're not happy with the gaming industry. I will correct all of that! Give me money!" The video is seriously more like a lesson on all the buzz words you can use when pitching a Kickstarter.

Added to Ongoing
Melancholy Republic
An epic story driven tragedy. Join Claire Lockridge as she struggles against the corruption eating away at the heart of her country.
PhonyInstructiveHyracotherium.gif

Trigger
A digital choose-your-own-adventure story (visual novel) told from the perspective of a survivor realizing she has PTSD.
trigger_ss_early01.png

Winterflame: The Other Side
Winterflame is a side-scrolling, puzzle adventure game with at least 50 puzzles in 5 different areas and more than 20 magical combinations to overcome them.
It50bHm.jpg

Monster's Den: Godfall
The popular turn-based dungeon-crawling RPG goes downloadable! Explore, battle, loot and grow powerful. Lead your Company to glory!
a773suW.jpg

Voice of Steel
This is an online physics-based robot fight simulator, where you create movements and strikes for your robot. The robot consists of 16 different modules. Your role is to be the operator, the coach, the manager, and the mechanic of all your robot-fighters.
EnormousVioletBarbet.gif

Light Fall
Light Fall is a 2D platformer that inverts the norms of the genre with the use of the Shadow Core – an ancient artifact used to create platforms beneath your feet, overcome obstacles, and protect yourself from the dangers that lie ahead.
6V42Q4P.gif

Tokyo Dark
Tokyo Dark is a 2D point & click adventure game. A twisting detective story featuring a multitude of choices, non-linear puzzle-solving, and a deep branching narrative exploring the darker underbelly of Tokyo.
lPeUnaH.jpg

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
You are Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes your skin. You must battle your way through a demon-filled castle summoned by Gebel, your old friend whose body has become more crystal than flesh.
wYAPDZb.jpg

Yooka-Laylee
Yooka-Laylee is an all-new 3D platformer from the creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games.
hBEyQGn.jpg

Polygonzo

Neo Member
Thanks for this thread! Hate to be picky here, but can Spooky Poo (funded in March) be changed to 'Happy Hell'?

T-ShirtWhite.png

Cheers!

Top Bottom