• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Gaming Title Screen

hqdefault.jpg

201342-socom-3-u-s-nalyuu9.jpg

confronzgjmv.png

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
More recently:

maxresdefaultj0zcc.jpg

accompanied by that super chill track by Green Kingdom.

And (major spoilers):
the foreshadowing of the nuke that goes down on Miami makes it even better

otretas

Neo Member
maxresdefault.jpg

Since everyone already said Prime and Xenoblade another one is from Batman Arkham City
It's so cool watching the scene rolling out once you keep going on the menus

Great setting, great music, the possibility that the main character will die keeps you on edge through the whole story and it all ties up nicely in the credits, but I won't spoil anything. Let's just say- this scene is playable ;)

rDFp083.png

Neff

I was so sad this wasn't the intro music for the DD:DA version of the game.

I know, man. It feels far less exciting to load up DA and hear this, as cool a song as it is, to the point where I wish it could have been DLC instead of a standalone title just so I could still get my B'z fix.

I'm never selling my vanilla copies of the game.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm biased as it's my GOAT, but I would say Kotor. I love how it is just Malak looking evil, but later on
changes to the player character if you choose to turn to the dark side.

Vorpal

SMT Nocturne

tumblr_myn96t2Bq31sd4mmco1_500.gif

Beat me to it. But this is far and away my favorite title screen of all time. Spoilery reasons:
after all of the prep work that goes into the battle against Lucifer, and then the actual battle itself, to reward the player with an ending that effectively loops back to the title screen is SO GOOD. It felt like closing a good book.

Top Bottom