• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Gaming Title Screen

Amused

Monkey Island needs some (10 hours) love!

1-somi_title.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've always loved Deus Ex Human Revolution. Shame this screen was removed from the PC version.

3oEduOEY3xyd8YVtdK.gif

You guys truly disappoint me..

SUPERRRRR MEAT BOYYY!!!!
492239-super-meat-boy-windows-screenshot-title-screens.png

The way the music blares and the announcer yells the title will stay with me until the end of time

metal_gear_solid___title_screen_hd_by_alexjackman-d6rvvvy.jpg

Kick Ass music and you could change the colors in the background.

Honorable Mention MGS: VR Missions - Because it has Gray Fox
508773-metal-gear-solp4ugc.png

Yesssss, came here to mention these and ya got 'em on the first page. Nice!

I've always loved Deus Ex Human Revolution. Shame this screen was removed from the PC version.

3oEduOEY3xyd8YVtdK.gif

Holy crap! DX:HR is in my Top 5 favorite games of last generation, but I played it on PC and have never seen this before. It's badass (and I'm sad it was killed in the PC release).

PSqueak

Banned
endless runners were already predicted by rare

nus-njfp-s1.jpg

Best part of this one, it's Dynamic.

When you start the game it's just Juno, as you progress and find the other characters, they're added to the screen, then when you get the Armors they're added too and when you beat the game they're not running in the corridor anymore, but walking on a victory Parade.

Scipio

XENOBLADE (x100). Great imagery with the best theme in gaming history.

Hate DA: Inquisition's for being the personification of the mindlessly enormous armies of goons the game is filled with.

You know what was pretty awesome that doesn't get a lot of cred? Bionic Commando Rearmed. The intro-to-title screen segue with the music is flawless, especially on a great sound system. Here's a bad video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyIQGt18i4 Normally the screen fades out prior to the drums kicking in and fades back in with the drums tied to the opening menu.

Here's a worse quality video that illustrates what's supposed to happen a bit better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VUGcp2J44

elhav

Have to agree with Metroid Prime.

The menu theme is so good, it makes you wait a minute or two before actually starting to play.

The transitions between the menus look pretty cool as well.

Top Bottom