• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Gaming Title Screen

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wanted to post Xenoblade, but a bunch of people already did.

I really like the simplicity of Mario Kart 8's title screen.

603db_Car_News_01-mario-kart-8-menus-1.jpg

Yep, really love this one. Looks very nice.

zeroroute

Banned
Hard to think of the best. Before I knew anything about Guilty Gear I saw this in an arcade and thought "I wonder what sort of this game this is?"

Guilty_Gear_XX_-_2002_-_Arc_System_Works.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing about the Mario Kart 8 title screen is that smooth ass bass lick of course.

It seems there's probably a tendency for devs to want to avoid putting one of the best tracks on the title screen, because they would rather it be associated with the gameplay. But really, it can set the mood for the entire game, as can be seen in Kingdom Hearts, Ocarina of Time, Civ 4 etc.

In general, I think people/devs severely underestimate how music affects the way they perceive the game since it's not something that can be directly seen. Your mood as affected by music can completely change how receptive you are to a game.

enoki

titlescreen1.jpg

It's embarrassing to admit how much I love this title screen. I never thought I'd choose a Persona game as my favorite title screen.
The moment I bought my first piano, I sat down and learned this track.

I prefer the portable screen, seeing FeMC and MC phase through the moon makes me feel nostalgic as hell.

robotrock

Banned
Damn, how could I forget Persona 4's! Both the PS2 and Vita versions have really fantastic title screens. Probably the best.

Ainsz

Surprised to see no mention of Red Dead Redemption's.
maxresdefault.jpg

The MOH Frontline one gets me every time. With the sound fx that it is. Funnily enough, I can't post the image as a word in the link had come up as a swear..

EricB

I've always been partial to Secret of Mana's title screen. As with many of the others posted here, the music has a lot to do with it. Actually, I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned it in this thread yet.

gfs_40378_1_1.jpg

Also, I Agree completely with Super Mario Bros. 3.

Zom

Banned
Surprised to see no mention of Red Dead Redemption's.
maxresdefault.jpg

The MOH Frontline one gets me every time. With the sound fx that it is. Funnily enough, I can't post the image as a word in the link had come up as a swear..

aw man, I wanna play this again so bad, but 360 is no more.

Top Bottom