• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Gaming Title Screen

Kyne

final_fantasy_ix_title_screen_remake_by_darkwarriornyx-d8cwzd7.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-jGZoK7Ns

First post nails it for me (Metroid Prime). The music combined with the awesome metroid and the way the menu moves around to different parts of it as you scroll through the options.

My 2nd fave would be Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Mainly for the music and the awesome CQC animations.

3rd fave would be Stranglehold. Think Metroid Prime but instead it's a shootout in a bar and as you scroll though the different options you see different camera angles of the parties involved.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
mXgbOmU.jpg

Always sends chills down my spine, that music.

Jergingha

Neo Member
I always felt like the MOTHER games had great openings, with Earthbound being the best out of the three.

I really like the tone it sets.

GWX

I wanted to post Xenoblade, but a bunch of people already did.

I really like the simplicity of Mario Kart 8's title screen.

603db_Car_News_01-mario-kart-8-menus-1.jpg

Man, when I see that thing and the slapped bass comes on... I'm impressed every single time. I love this jazz/big band direction Nintendo went for Mario Kart soundtracks. I love the visual aspect of it as well, looks so stylish.

272883-midnight-club-3-dub-edition-psp-screenshot-title-screens.png

Along with this glorious song! EVERYTHING REAL BIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp9ch-dAKk0

This hit me with nostalgia, damn. Loved Midnight Club 3. ERRTHING REAL BIG!

Also, I'd like to mention that just about every Zelda game has a memorable and interesting title screen, bar a few such as Skyward Sword. Ocarina of Time's is iconic, Majora's Mask showcases the most important and interesting part of the game, Twilight Princess immerses you in this dark new version of Hyrule, A Link Between Worlds preps you for the point you're currently at in the game, Link's Awakening functions as the introduction to the game, etc.

Rephin

The Last of Us and Persona 4.

Also, Secret of Mana's title screen is pretty special for me, it really set the atmosphere up for the rest of the game.

Top Bottom