• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus is 5 today!

ps3ud0

LOL think I allowed my PS+ to elapse for a day when I forgot to renew - hoping that doesnt make me ineligible. Doubt its anything substantial though - discount or a free PSN game at a guess.

ps3ud0 8)

Boss Mog

So to celebrate this you're gonna give us some good PS+ games next month instead of the usual indie fodder? Right? Right....?

Paganmoon

You won't. Day one members that have never lapsed apparently

well... fuck, I lapsed sometime mid December while on vacation, resubbed 5:th of January (the day I got back home). Oh well.

Wish there was an easy way of seeing your sub history.

Edit: there Day 1:

A2VzcpY.png

God damnit, why didn't I renew before going on vacation...

Aw, I've been a plus subscriber since the early days, but I ended up waiting a few months until I pulled the trigger when they gave away Sam & Max season 3 in September.

Carl

Okay now people from Playstation are saying conflicting things :p One of the moderators said that it was strictly no lapses. Fred (EU Blog guy) is just checking but...

No, I'm clarifying now, but I think there's a 10 day grace period.

Which seems more fair

FDC1

Is it EU only?

I was there, day one. I remember we got lbp and wipeout.

I suppose gift will be a special theme or a free month (hoping for a game in secret)

Walpurgis

Banned
WHERE IS Qore?!?!?

QDQip.gif

WTF?! I used to watch that as a kid.

Boss★Moogle;170278316 said:
So to celebrate this you're gonna give us some good PS+ games next month instead of the usual indie fodder? Right? Right....?

What do you have against indie games, huh?! They're the same as other games! What are you, racist?!

goonergaz

Okay now people from Playstation are saying conflicting things :p One of the moderators said that it was strictly no lapses. Fred (EU Blog guy) is just checking but...

Which seems more fair

TBH if you subbed to every month you should be considered 'in since day one'

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just started with PS4, but here's hoping it'll be something cool for the Day1'ers :)

bombshell

Which seems more fair

Fuck... I had half a month or so lapse at one point because I just waited for the next content drop before resubbing. Otherwise been a member since the very beginning.

I hope the gift isn't something I want then...

Piccoro

... But on the Japanese PSPlus they are giving Guilty Gear Xrd and Arkham Origins Blackgate to all Plus users...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17934-1404382466-11.gif

liquidtmd

Banned
Boss★Moogle;170278316 said:

You're right, even last month they pulled this shit. Who the hell are 'Kojima Productions'? Bloody indies

ranmafan

Japan is getting Guilty Gear Xrd to celebrate it.

Hopefully we also get something nice.

Yeah that was very nice to come home to and find on the Japanese store. Great addition for sure! Hope the other regions gets some nice games too for the anniversary.

Experien

How do we check our PS+ start date from a computer? I know I have been there since the beginning but I am unsure if Day 1 :(

Paganmoon

How do we check our PS+ start date from a computer? I know I have been there since the beginning but I am unsure if Day 1 :(

checked my account purchase history, and looked for "game just started Dynamic theme" (should be all the way in the back of your history, had to go back 45 or so pages)
This was available day 1, so if you "bought" it day 1 it should have 29:th or 30:th as date

Edit: LBP was also day one, so could check that as well.

Gurish

This is pretty strict, to be subscribed since day 1 non stop/

being subscribed for a couple of years is not good enough anymore? not enough dedication? come on Sony, we too deserve some nice reward!

fenners

checked my account purchase history, and looked for "game just started Dynamic theme" (should be all the way in the back of your history, had to go back 45 or so pages)
This was available day 1, so if you "bought" it day 1 it should have 29:th or 30:th as date

I checked my purchase history & it had an actual entry for PS+, showing it was bought on June 29th 2010.

Carl

This is pretty strict, to be subscribed since day 1 non stop/

being subscribed for a couple of years is not good enough anymore? not enough dedication? come on Sony, we too deserve some nice reward!

Could be a grace period, not sure yet.

Maffew

Just got my e-mail...

An anniversary gift from PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus is turning five. To thank you for being a member from the very start we’d like to send you a personalised print, but we’ll need your address by 13 July 2015. Your print will be unique to you and show everything you’ve achieved as a PlayStation Plus member. Please supply your address before 13 July 2015 if you’d like to receive one- don’t worry, we won’t use your address for anything else.

We’re proud to have so many dedicated players who have been with us since the beginning.

Thanks for being part of five fantastic years!

Experien

Edit: LBP was also day one, so could check that as well.

Blah, guess I don't have Day One, but I've been subbed since the beginning with no lapse. booo

29th June 2010.

LittleBigPlanet - PS3
Game is just the start. Theme
Sackboy on the run. Theme
Fat Princess. Avatars

Yup there day one (already knew that though)

Carl

Your print will be unique to you and show everything you’ve achieved as a PlayStation Plus member.

That...sounds pretty cool actually.

jiggles

Banned
Yeah, it's a print that shows what "you personally achieved" while being a Plus member.

Probably a mosaic of everything that's been offered since day 1, with an added trophy summary between the dates.

Experien

Yeah, it's a print that shows what "you personally achieved" while being a Plus member.

Probably a mosaic of everything that's been offered since day 1, with an added trophy summary between the dates.

That would be a little nice...seems like they put some effort into it.

Top Bottom